News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lego Ideas Bricksauria -projects

Started by bricksaur, August 27, 2014, 12:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bricksaur

Hello guys,

As I'm sure most of us, I also built with Lego bricks at a young age. Now more than ten years after I am interested in the opportunities they offer again. I'm also an big fan of dinosaurs and whole Jurassic Park franchise. So, to combine these two big elements, I created Jurassic Park related "collectable" project in last year (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/47246) to Lego Ideas (formerly known as Lego Cuusoo). Main goal there is reach 10 000 supporters within one year limit - after that project gets reviewed by Lego company and if they are interested the project may end up as the official product. The project gathered supporters very quickly (6000+ supporters in couple weeks), but because of Kre-O had a license for Jurassic Park toys the project got archived and unfortunately it is impossible to support at the moment.

However because there are still huge dinosaur toy and Lego fanbase I separated the tyrannosaurus to its own, license-free project. Last spring I started a new project also for stegosaurus. Both models are mainly for display purposes as I tried to make them as realistic as possible I could within the limits of the Lego bricks.

So please check both projects if interested - and support if you think they are worth the effort. To support a project you must have an account but it only takes couple minutes. There a lot of wonderful projects on Cuusoo, so if you think Lego is still cool please check the site.

Tyrannosaurus Rex: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/48453

Stegosaurus: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/56748

360 turntable animations:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...U8muOArxtGCo6u

Many thanks!

Ultimatedinoking

Nice job! How'd you do the Rex's eye?

Wait kre o is doing the jp/JW sets?! Nooooo!
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

stargatedalek

Kree-o might be, their license runs out soon but thats not enough to be certain Lego will be doing the sets
I have nothing against Kree-o

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 27, 2014, 05:49:26 PM
Kree-o might be, their license runs out soon but thats not enough to be certain Lego will be doing the sets
I have nothing against Kree-o

I didn't like not lego, err, I mean kre o, I wanted lego to do the jp sets.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Pachyrhinosaurus

Just supported both!

As for JW, I think the consensus at JPL is that Lego will get a license for JW, as suggested by an interview by Chris Pratt.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

alexeratops

Amazing! I hope these make it into stores! You think there is any way to add teeth to the Rex while still being in scale? Truly awesome! Keep up the good work
like a bantha!

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on August 28, 2014, 02:14:07 AM
Just supported both!

As for JW, I think the consensus at JPL is that Lego will get a license for JW, as suggested by an interview by Chris Pratt.

Yay!
-UDK

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.