You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Entering the field, we are REBOR! 1:35 scale Yutyrannus Huali museum class model

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, August 28, 2014, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 03, 2014, 09:41:25 PM
Quote from: Takama on September 03, 2014, 09:28:31 PM
I just hope there T.Rex is not another Jurassic Park Ripp off

Again ... why should it be?

I imagine just statistical probability at this point. What other companies are currently producing an accurate tyrannosaur model/toy? Safari/Carnegie and Favorite are the only two I can think of. And I cant think of any very nice (large) feathered dromies, except for the deinonychus and velociraptor from Favorite.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Concavenator

The Utahraptor could be awesome if done properly. Wondering if it's based in those last studies featuring an almost spinosaur like jaw  ???

Balaur

Quote from: Concavenator on September 03, 2014, 11:47:24 PM
The Utahraptor could be awesome if done properly. Wondering if it's based in those last studies featuring an almost spinosaur like jaw  ???
Utahraptor didn't have a spinosaur like jaw, just the lower jaw is slightly curved down, probably used for stripping of more flesh from kills of to catch fish (the former is more likely)

Concavenator

Quote from: Balaur on September 04, 2014, 01:18:35 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on September 03, 2014, 11:47:24 PM
Utahraptor didn't have a spinosaur like jaw, just the lower jaw is slightly curved down, probably used for stripping of more flesh from kills of to catch fish (the former is more likely)
I know,I just said 'almost'.That's what I tried to say with the curved down jaw.

Meso-Cenozoic

I just found out about this through DeJankins, and thought I'd pop over here because I knew it would be here somewhere. Heh, heh.

First impression is I think it's a very attractive sculpt. I also like that the base is detachable. (Not a base lover.)

Second impression was -- Did I read the name of the company correctly? I thought this was maybe one of Papo's 2015 figures.

Third impression was a little less enthusiastic because of the obvious lack of enough feathers, especially with the evidence there is now.

My fourth thought concerned the price tag. Like Helge mentioned, DeJankins said he could probably sell this for $42, and his prices are low. Even though I realize this isn't a mass market figure, I can't see paying out twice as much for this as I paid for the comparably sized and detailed Papo Allosaurus, which he sells for $21. And you'll have to also consider the weight of the heavy polystone base, when considering shipping costs.

So for me for now at least, I think I'm going to wait and see how this company progresses and pass on this figure for the time being. I do think they have some very talented artists. There are some really beautiful details happening. If down the line, they would choose to change their sculpting choices a bit to follow more closely the most recent scientific facts, this could just turn out to be the figure company we've all hoped for -- the extreme beautiful detailing of Papo, combined with scientific accuracy! And if they would grow into a mass market producing company, then we would also benefit from lower competitive figure prices. For me, the more dino figure companies out there to choose from, the more merrier I'd be! Hehe!! I wish them luck.

postsaurischian

If their T. rex will be better than Papo's (which I think could possibly be) I'm gonna get it. I'm still in need for a good Tyrannosaurus for my 1:35 collection ::) ;D.

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on September 04, 2014, 07:07:03 AM
I do think they have some very talented artists. There are some really beautiful details happening. If down the line, they would choose to change their sculpting choices a bit to follow more closely the most recent scientific facts, this could just turn out to be the figure company we've all hoped for -- the extreme beautiful detailing of Papo, combined with scientific accuracy! ...............

Nice thought! It's optimism that pushes us forward :).

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Seijun on September 03, 2014, 11:43:42 PM

I imagine just statistical probability at this point. What other companies are currently producing an accurate tyrannosaur model/toy? Safari/Carnegie and Favorite are the only two I can think of. And I cant think of any very nice (large) feathered dromies, except for the deinonychus and velociraptor from Favorite.

Uh psst Pam, you forgot the Kaiyodo capsule set and company......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Concavenator

Tell you the truth, I don't think they will get it right on the raptor.

Why not? People tend to be more "feather-tolerating" when it comes to smaller theropods :).

Utahraptor isn't precisely a small animal.It was almost as big as an Allosaurus.

REBOR_STUDIO

REBOR's 1:35 Yutyrannus museum class replica is now available on the bigbadtoystore.com for Pre-ordering, estimated to arrive in October 2014, collectors out there, now it is the time to own one of the very first shipment of the very first product of REBOR, don't miss this "monumental moment" of a new company because we will be with you for a very long time  :)

Pre-order link:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=RBR10000&mode=retail

And this is REBOR's facebook page, we will also announce our product information here

https://www.facebook.com/pages/REBOR/555146104612402?ref=bookmarks

Also please follow us our official instagram: REBOR_STUDIO

Our official website is coming soon!

Alexxitator

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on September 04, 2014, 10:06:49 PM
REBOR's 1:35 Yutyrannus museum class replica is now available on the bigbadtoystore.com for Pre-ordering, estimated to arrive in October 2014, collectors out there, now it is the time to own one of the very first shipment of the very first product of REBOR, don't miss this "monumental moment" of a new company because we will be with you for a very long time;D

Pre-order link:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=RBR10000&mode=retail

Nice! Will you be adding it to a Europe-based retailer aswell? Shipping-cost-wise that's much more interesting for (in my case) the Netherlands  :)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Seijun

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 04, 2014, 08:36:12 AM
Quote from: Seijun on September 03, 2014, 11:43:42 PM

Uh psst Pam, you forgot the Kaiyodo capsule set and company......

Sorry, I was thinking only of figures around the same size. :)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Seijun

Just saw some of the other pics of this figure on fb and it really does look lovely :)  If rebor sees this, I am also going to beg for a tyrannosaurus as a future model, and maybe, dare I suggest... a sauropod? Since it doesn't sound like Papo wants to make another one..

Raptoress

I myself think it's a beautiful piece and am looking forward to seeing the entire line. Stunning figure.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

smashtoad

I haven't posted much, maybe never, not sure, but this thread blew my mind.  Some of you guys actually suggested that people capable of producing a sculpt as beautiful as this REBOR animal should ASK YOU before producing their product.  Who exactly are you guys?  The Dino cops?  I couldn't believe the arrogance of some of the statements.  For $40, good luck finding something as beautiful as this model.

As far as the paint...I find it absolutely realistic looking.  Giant animals are rarely brightly colored...doesn't help hiding much. Just because large therapods MAY have had vestigial feathers doesn't mean they looked like parrots.  In fact, the LSD paint jobs being puked onto most new releases these days are a mile over the top for me.  Parasarolophus with bright colors?  Triceratops?  Styraco? C'mon...it's just silly.  Can we quit...please?

Someone insulted their paint, and then offered as an alternative some God-awfully repulsive teal and white scheme that at first I thought was a joke.

Anyway...sorry to rock the boat...but it had to be said.  REBOR's first model is amazing (finished) for $40.  They obviously didn't need anyone's opinion to create a gorgeous sculpt.

REBOR...how bout we give therapods, sauropods,  et al, a break and makes something different and viciously cool, like Erythrosuchus, Eryops, Postosuchus, or a perched Dimorphodon?

Peace

tyrantqueen

I understand what you're saying, and you have a point that many of the comments were too harsh. But we know that Yutyrannus' feathers weren't vestigial, it had a full shaggy coat of them ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 24, 2014, 05:24:41 AM
I understand what you're saying, and you have a point that many of the comments were too harsh. But we know that Yutyrannus' feathers weren't vestigial, it had a full shaggy coat of them ;)

And that was the main point of all the arguments/discussion I think.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: smashtoad on September 24, 2014, 05:12:57 AM
I haven't posted much, maybe never, not sure, but this thread blew my mind.  Some of you guys actually suggested that people capable of producing a sculpt as beautiful as this REBOR animal should ASK YOU before producing their product.  Who exactly are you guys?  The Dino cops?  I couldn't believe the arrogance of some of the statements.  For $40, good luck finding something as beautiful as this model.

As far as the paint...I find it absolutely realistic looking.  Giant animals are rarely brightly colored...doesn't help hiding much. Just because large therapods MAY have had vestigial feathers doesn't mean they looked like parrots.  In fact, the LSD paint jobs being puked onto most new releases these days are a mile over the top for me.  Parasarolophus with bright colors?  Triceratops?  Styraco? C'mon...it's just silly.  Can we quit...please?

Someone insulted their paint, and then offered as an alternative some God-awfully repulsive teal and white scheme that at first I thought was a joke.

Anyway...sorry to rock the boat...but it had to be said.  REBOR's first model is amazing (finished) for $40.  They obviously didn't need anyone's opinion to create a gorgeous sculpt.

REBOR...how bout we give therapods, sauropods,  et al, a break and makes something different and viciously cool, like Erythrosuchus, Eryops, Postosuchus, or a perched Dimorphodon?

Peace
Smashtoad, I do think if you read the thread carefully you made note that the people responsible for the comments you are making note of were called out for that and given a disciplinary action . Taunting the community as a group for a few peoples actions is somewhat ....poorly considered as well. I think the group as a whole are great people with alot of love for all things dinosaur.I agree a few people did get out of hand, but to be fair to the admins and staff here, it was handled too.
  As for large animals seldom being  brighly colored.....giraffes, zebras...there are many large animals in the oceans with bright colorations. A quick walk through the Amazon would reveal birds, reptiles, and all other species large and small with riot of colors run amok. Size at least today has no bearing on coloration, although in the dinosaurs who knows for sure. Why would a large theropod dinosaur be hiding? Consider lions, brightly colored and patterend and large...but killers when necessary.
  Finally the 40 price..yes it is pricey compared to many dinosaur releases today. Sorry it is. You can go out and purchase masterpieces sculpted by Dan Larosso through Battat, for 8 dollars a pop amd they are just as nice as this piece. It has an articulated jaw like a poseable toy but is priced at a museum figure level. I can tell you that based on the price this wont be a figure that is an option for me sadly. Alot has to do with each persons collecting habbits and priorities.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

No doubt that as with birds today, some dinosaurs were dull, and others were vivid and bright. But I think that many dinosaur species, like birds, would possess excellent colour vision, and would be capable of perceiving more colours than we can. Why wouldn't they have evolved bright colours and patterns to take advantage of that fact?

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: