News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2015

Started by Ikessauro, September 18, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hermes888

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 07, 2014, 05:57:00 AM
So, I finally found the new velociraptor for less that $15, well got it for $10... far less than some I have seen ( up to $26!). I have to say, I am glad I did not pay anymore than what I did. This figure really is nothing special to command such high price, and it is small! ;D
Disappointed by it for sure, but then again I really did not plan on getting it until I saw one for that price. ;) my major complain is that it is simply not not exciting or creative for my own personal taste. In fact, I found the older Safari feathered dinosaur like the oviraptor, Dilong, Microraptor, etc. to be more exciting and better done. But that is just me, others may find it just awesome ;D
And just like their last Carnegie figure, the teeth on this one is so badly painted it is hard to even see them. Oh and the tail feathers, well, it looks nice, but I'm not sure this is something you will see in a larger animal, it looks more like something you would see on a bird of paradise or crow-size bird, the two feathers on the ends are simple just too large I think ;D
Personally, at this rate, the only really exciting dinosaurs from Safari is from their Wild Safari series, and that is largely due to the artist who sculpt those figures.
Where did you buy it from?

John

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 07, 2014, 10:11:09 AM
A new Hadrosaur would be great, though. Quadruped pose, genus they haven't done before, maybe Saurolophus.
Yes,I would like to see the Carnegie do Saurolophus angustirostris sometime.It would also come out well in the Wild Safari line too. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: John on December 07, 2014, 09:20:38 PM
Quote from: triceratops83 on December 07, 2014, 10:11:09 AM
A new Hadrosaur would be great, though. Quadruped pose, genus they haven't done before, maybe Saurolophus.
Yes,I would like to see the Carnegie do Saurolophus angustirostris sometime.It would also come out well in the Wild Safari line too. :)
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! And 1:40 Shantungosaurus, 1:40 Sinoceratops, and 1:40 Abelisaurus

PS Maybe CollectA would make a better Sino?
-Zhuchengotyrant

Manatee

I disagree. While I love both WS's and CollectA's ceratopsians, the WS ones are my favorites.

Meso-Cenozoic

Overall, I still like this Velociraptor. I'll be getting it for sure. The teeth could probably get more definition with a simple dark wash to accent the lines in between them.

As far as price goes, so far I've only seen it listed for around $10. This of course does not include eBay scalpers! I'll be getting mine again from DeJankins. It's listed there for $10.50.

triceratops83

I'm really hanging out for that Nasutoceratops. Any day now - the Velociraptor was early. I'm checking Dan's Dinosaurs twice a day.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Concavenator

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 08, 2014, 01:46:18 PM
I'm really hanging out for that Nasutoceratops. Any day now - the Velociraptor was early. I'm checking Dan's Dinosaurs twice a day.
It's a good model,though I prefer CollectA's version.I think it looks more natural.I'll get CollectA's for sure.

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 08, 2014, 01:46:18 PM
I think that, earlier in this thread, it said that the Yutyrannus was coming out on the 22nd of December, and the Sauropelta and Nasutoceratops may also come on the 22nd.
-Zhuchengotyrant

triceratops83

It's a good model,though I prefer CollectA's version.I think it looks more natural.I'll get CollectA's for sure.[/quote]

I prefer Safari's, but Collecta's is their best ceratopsian to date. I'm getting both, as well as the battat version.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Meso-Cenozoic

That's great! I like the walk-around pics of each too!

Saurian

Why does it say that Sauropelta coexisted with T rex, Sauropelta lived much earlier !! may a I inaccurate translate? ???
Soory,my English is poor

Gwangi

Well it doesn't really say they lived together, just that T. rex would want to avoid it. Llike in a hypothetical situation. It's still a bit misleading though, and easy to misinterpret.

Saurian

I understand, just  t rex the main type of dinosaur in popular culture and the company is using
Soory,my English is poor

Zhuchengotyrant

I was gonna get the CollectA Nasutoceratops, but now I want the Sfari one. The Sauropelta is also awesome.
-Zhuchengotyrant

Zhuchengotyrant

Also: has the Yutyrannus come yet?!
-Zhuchengotyrant

triceratops83

Quote from: Manatee on December 08, 2014, 12:12:10 AM
I disagree. While I love both WS's and CollectA's ceratopsians, the WS ones are my favorites.

WS do make the best Ceratopsians, but Collecta are more suited to speculative reconstructions and as far as I know there's only a bit of Sinoceratops. I'd love to see Collecta do one.

triceratops83

After seeing those walk around views of the Nasutoceratops, I'm just gonna go ahead and say I think Safari will get the best figure vote again this year. :)

ItsTwentyBelow

In previous years I would have agreed with this, but I think Battat has quickly jumped to the top. They will assuredly get my vote. I don't even have to see Dan's Nasutoceratops to know that it's going to be at least as good as the Safari. Plus we are getting six, I mean EIGHT, new Battat figures next year  ;D

Not that I don't plan on getting the new Safaris! Their Nasutoceratops does have me sold.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: