News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

sauropode in 1 scale

Started by reinier zwanink, September 30, 2014, 11:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinier zwanink

I am a great fan of sauropodes and by now i have seen many types and models here.
Now i have a sideshow apatosaurus that i really love but i wonder.
Are there more sauropode that come to about that scale or could fit nicely beside it?

tyrantqueen

The SS Apatosaurus is about 1/23 scale, and as such, you won't find many toys made in that size because they would simply be too large and expensive for most toy manufacturers. But there are some resin kits that were made in a similar scale. For example, the Kaiyodo Saltasaurus was 1/20 scale. But sadly that kit is discontinued and rare.

Paleogene Pals

The Horizon Jurassic Park Brachiosaurus is in 1/19 scale, and Kaiyodo's Dinoland Brachiosaurus is in 1/20 scale. Jason Carriere has a 1/20 Amargasaurus. If you visit Dan's Dinosaurs, you will see others. But, as TQ has said, most sauropods would simply be too large and expensive in that scale. The Horizon Brachiosaurus that I am working on is as long as my dining table!

reinier zwanink

Welli got my hands on a horizon recast brachio so that would fit nicely
I would like to expend my collection around that scale with the focus on sauropode
But some other would be nice to
Even some repaint of existing models
I have already tries a gorgosaurus but not really at the level that i want
Need some work there still

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.