News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Knock-off figures - general discussion

Started by SBell, October 03, 2014, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 04, 2015, 09:06:46 PM
I agree with you Blade.  I think the new Jurassic world toys look terrible.  The only ones I like are the 4 Raptors.  :-\

Those would be okay if they had bothered to keep their defining feature.

joossa

Fake Papo Archaeopteryx.... I think?  ???

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Jetoar

Yes it is, I found also a booster with a Papo Allosaurus and Collecta Eotyrannus Knock-off.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

joossa

Quote from: Jetoar on August 05, 2015, 11:11:46 PM
Yes it is, I found also a booster with a Papo Allosaurus and Collecta Eotyrannus Knock-off.
Right. The figures they ship out to customers are bound to be fake. However, I can't help but notice that the figure in their stock image looks legit. Maybe they put in a legit figure in the stock image to make it more appealing in the listing and then do the old bait-and-switch, where the customer ends up receiving the fake figure.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Jetoar

Quote from: joossa on August 05, 2015, 11:49:59 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on August 05, 2015, 11:11:46 PM
Right. The figures they ship out to customers are bound to be fake. However, I can't help but notice that the figure in their stock image looks legit. Maybe they put in a legit figure in the stock image to make it more appealing in the listing and then do the old bait-and-switch, where the customer ends up receiving the fake figure.

Yes it is because some figures are really similars even exactly  that the originals. I think that the only one that sometimes have the copies is that we can use to do customs or repaints and cheaper too.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

joossa

Found some interesting knock-offs at various stores today:

At Toys R Us. Looks like the Papo sitting Rex, minus the gatling gun hands and cool shades:

These were at WalMart and had Papo stock images on the sides and back:

At WalMart, The bottom raptor looks like a JP raptor knock off. The top trike looks like it may have some CollectA "influence"?

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Jetoar

Viking Spawn

LOL!  Agreed!  I want a Wexter!!!   ;D

Halichoeres

Quote from: joossa on August 08, 2015, 01:55:24 AM

At Toys R Us. Looks like the Papo sitting Rex, minus the gatling gun hands and cool shades:

Everything about this toy is sublimely funny. Think Wexter's arms are inside the gun? They might be puny, but strong enough to pull a trigger!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Quote from: joossa on August 08, 2015, 01:55:24 AM
These were at WalMart and had Papo stock images on the sides and back:

At WalMart, The bottom raptor looks like a JP raptor knock off. The top trike looks like it may have some CollectA "influence"?

Yep, the Mighty Megasaur line was already mentioned in the "Papo T.rex the stock dinosaur thread"
The one between the Triceratops and Raptor looks like it is based on the TLW T.rex baby.

I wonder if there is a connection between Mighty Megasaur and Megasaurs:
http://megasaurs.com/
They both use Papo images to advertise their shoddy products...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Dilopho

I can't take  a photo as my stepdad has ahold of it right now, but recently while trying to purchase a papo running rex,I decided to purchase a (safe) bootleg one for my nephew to play with, as he tends to break figures. I don't want to keep spending on expensive replacements!
Anyway, his name is Tyler, and what did it says on the leg of the...uhh..bootleg? "Tyler the tyrannosaurus".

CityRaptor

More knock-offs:

Based on TLW Spinosaurus.

Based on JPIII T.rex.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Pachyrhinosaurus

It is surprising to see companies knock off figures that haven't been in production for a long time.
Also the lower one has a rex on the box by Luis Rey.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

terrorchicken

where do you guys find this crap?!  :))  I never see any of this stuff, just the usual hollow chinasaurs.

Dilopho

When I'm out looking for Chap Mei stuff (their dinosaur line is like Jurassic Park, with cool bases, vehicles, humans and stuff. I love their mountain base playset and dinosaur transport trucks.)
I always see bootlegs of chap mei in the same shelves as the official stuff. I hate the bootlegs because while Chap Mei toys aren't accurate, they all have cool special features and attacks, and the bootlegs are just lumps of plastic and toxic paint.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

pylraster

Some Chinese bootleg factory slapped on Papo Rex colors on the Schleich Giga. Still a bad figure, but it looks better than the original, color-wise. Also they changed the hand position.

Ikessauro

Quote from: pylraster on August 23, 2015, 03:43:10 PM
Some Chinese bootleg factory slapped on Papo Rex colors on the Schleich Giga. Still a bad figure, but it looks better than the original, color-wise. Also they changed the hand position.

Haha, do you guys see the irony in that? Schleich is the only company which is ripped off by bootlegers and the fake product shows improvements compared to the original.

Doug Watson

Whaaaat? Truth in advertising from the crooks that bring us knock offs. If you click on the eBay ad for the Jurassic world park dinosaur - Carnotaurus here on the DTF, right in the title they use the word "imitation". Probably just someone with bad English skills trying to come up with something other than "simulation" that they use in other listings but how ironic that there bad language skills lead to the truth. If it wasn't so sad I would laugh.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231662986803?rmvSB=true

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: