News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Knock-off figures - general discussion

Started by SBell, October 03, 2014, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

sauroid

the poop gimmick is so symbolic of their products.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: pylraster on November 04, 2015, 03:22:37 PM
Speaking of Papos, I find it funny that National Geographic would let their name be associated with this:

But perhaps not surprising, this being a company that recently allowed itself to be essentially purchased by Fox (a 73% stake).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Rain

A knock off Papo with pictures of Schleich and Sideshow on the box, cute

CityRaptor

Lego Jurassic World is not immune either:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Viking Spawn

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 04, 2015, 08:44:31 PM
Lego Jurassic World is not immune either:

The Pteranodon's wings they're...they're backwards.

I can't remember the brand but I've seen a few Papo and Schleich knock-offs at Target. The next time I'm there I'll have to take my camera.

Dinomike

Wow! What's with that Natinal Geographic Poop set? Did somebody simply place their logo on the box? Surely it's a fake right?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

stargatedalek

National Geographic has always been overly conservative in their paleontology, overly conservative and poorly researched. I've always called them "the Fox news of science" because they are the overly conservative, often false, and yet still sadly often looked to source for science news. I'm not at all surprised to see them hit a total low like this.

sauroid

we're not absolutely sure yet about the NG alliance with that toy product. those chinese pirates would steal anything to make their products sell.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Simon

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 08, 2015, 01:14:11 PM
National Geographic has always been overly conservative in their paleontology, overly conservative and poorly researched. I've always called them "the Fox news of science" because they are the overly conservative, often false, and yet still sadly often looked to source for science news. I'm not at all surprised to see them hit a total low like this.

It's best to try to keep our political views out of the dinosaur forum.  Thanks.  ;)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Simon on November 08, 2015, 05:48:40 PM

It's best to try to keep our political views out of the dinosaur forum.  Thanks.  ;)

Please don't take it upon yourself to publicly moderate the forum - if you have a problem with a post, please report it to a moderator. C:-)

The 'no politics' rule is a means to an end i.e. it exists to snub out heated angry political discussion when it occurs. It is not an end in itself which is why it is only "discouraged", not forbidden. Post's like Stargatedalek's, placed in context like this, are fine. If it leads to heated discussion, then we will nip it in the bud. Thank you!

stargatedalek

My apologies if I said anything related to politics, I felt I was making a lighthearted jab at National Geographic for their frequent errors. Saying National geographic and Fox News have errors really shouldn't be taken as a political attack when they really do contain errors. Making fun of Fox News or admitting it isn't perfect doesn't make someone anti-republican.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 08, 2015, 06:41:36 PM
My apologies if I said anything related to politics, I felt I was making a lighthearted jab at National Geographic for their frequent errors. Saying National geographic and Fox News have errors really shouldn't be taken as a political attack when they really do contain errors. Making fun of Fox News or admitting it isn't perfect doesn't make someone anti-republican.

Don't worry, I took it in the way you intended and I'm sure almost everyone else did too :)

LophoLeeVT

still though with having no trike in this legoi jw season it maight be useful and that trike could make as great hatchling for the bigger original lego dino trike.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Simon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 08, 2015, 06:25:48 PM
Quote from: Simon on November 08, 2015, 05:48:40 PM

Please don't take it upon yourself to publicly moderate the forum - if you have a problem with a post, please report it to a moderator. C:-)

The 'no politics' rule is a means to an end i.e. it exists to snub out heated angry political discussion when it occurs. It is not an end in itself which is why it is only "discouraged", not forbidden. Post's like Stargatedalek's, placed in context like this, are fine. If it leads to heated discussion, then we will nip it in the bud. Thank you!

Not trying to step on anyone's toes.  I didn't think I was "moderating", just being helpful.  That's why the  ;)

postsaurischian

It's getting more and more outrageous ::) ::)! This one is offered on eBay.com for about USD 400 by a U.S. company :o.

CityRaptor

Seems a bit expensive for the cat to play with.  ;D

Either the seller is dumb or they think they can find someone dumb enough to pay for it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

It reminds me of the worst figures Schleich.

DinoToyForum

Are these for real, some of them look like photoshops... ???

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: