News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Server issues

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

AHAHAH
You didn't´t say the magic word

AHAHAH
AHAHAH
AHAHAH
AHAHAH
AHAHAH

DinoToyForum

...Yes, I know, and I'm sorry...

BlueKrono

The worst is when you've just typed a long message including lengthy tracking numbers, click send, and the forum goes down. #yesterday
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 26, 2017, 01:04:37 PM
The worst is when you've just typed a long message including lengthy tracking numbers, click send, and the forum goes down. #yesterday

I'm sorry! :-[

BlueKrono

It's all right, my wheelin' and dealin' just had to wait a day. I hope the recipients don't mind. I must say I really appreciate being able to use the fantastic connecting avenue that is this forum.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Sim

Yesterday and today the forum's search function hasn't been working when I try to use it.  When I try searching, it brings up a page saying:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on May 04, 2017, 06:03:32 PM
Yesterday and today the forum's search function hasn't been working when I try to use it.  When I try searching, it brings up a page saying:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Thanks for pointing this out, I have fixed the problem.  8)

sauroid

the DTF and ATF were offline for nearly 24 hours...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

When? Last night everything was fine for me.

Jose S.M.

I couldn't enter the forum for about 8 hours or so yesterday. Everything was fine on the afternoon but then it was out all night.

Reptilia

For me it was all ok at least from 8 PM yesterday to 5 AM today, but I can't say about earlier yesterday.

Neosodon

It was out last night for me too. Happened once before a couple months ago.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

DinoToyForum

Yes, we've been experiencing sporadic downtime. Sorry about this.

Reptilia

The forum was down again last night, and for some time this evening too. It happens quite frequently, what about changing server?

DinoToyForum

Sorry for the recurring downtime.  :-[

I'm doing all I can to get to the bottom of it...

BlueKrono

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 27, 2017, 07:58:04 PM
Sorry for the recurring downtime.  :-[

I'm doing all I can to get to the bottom of it...

Thanks Dr. Admin. We appreciate you working on it.

DinoToyForum

I think I might have resolved whatever issue was causing all the recurring downtime. Over a fortnight ago I made some significant changes behind the scenes and the server hasn't gone down since. It could just be a coincidence, but fingers crossed that this frustrating problem has been nipped in the bud. Time will tell...  O:-)

Edit - I might have spoken too soon. I think we just had a couple of minutes downtime :)

DinoToyForum

Maybe I spoke too soon about speaking too soon. :)) The site seems to be performing well.

sauroid

i see this on the ATF page when i open it
"Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Noted, thanks! Will fix asap.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: