News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, October 17, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neon-Allo

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 10, 2014, 01:15:00 AM
Certainly..but I prefer the Safari version .
Yes the safari version is much better, and its actually a personal favorite in my collection for some reason, but I think I jumped the gun on saying that Schleich made one that resembled the Safari models too much. :-[
I agree that it's a very similar sculpted position...I jumped the Megalodon(lol) to soon... :-\

Honest mistake I guess?

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 09, 2014, 07:12:27 AM
QuoteTakama, what do you mean by "Klein" when referring to size? Kleinwelka?? If so, about what scale are they -- 1/45?
Klein is what Schleich referred to them as. Klein is German for little or small, afaik.

Sorry tyrantqueen, I just now saw this. I actually forgot I asked the question. LOL! So, thank you late for the clarification. I think I do recall something about their smaller figures being called something different. It's just been so long since I seriously and consistently collected their line. ;)

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on November 10, 2014, 11:16:04 PM
the wing finger on the new pterosaur I think is way too short.

I think that's the perspective of the photo

docronnie

I seem to like that Kentro.  Might get it.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Rathalosaurus

Me too. But the other are crap. Especially the Spino.
Why Schleich!? >:(
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Takama

VElociraptor hunting set

Home of the herbivoires

Dinosaur Cave set

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Takama on November 12, 2014, 11:29:06 PM
VElociraptor hunting set

Home of the herbivoires

Dinosaur Cave set

I want the cave for the cave, raptors, and baby quezalqotalus

Takama

Im really disappointed that they wont release those little dinos on there own.  There clearly there best, yet they force us to pay big bucks for a bunch of scenery items while were only interested in the animals >:(

CityRaptor

So the Raptor hunts for what actually looks like a decent figure of the Jurassic Park Compy.

It's also pretty terrible that the Cave set will cost nearly 50 euros...

And it seems that they reduced the number of sets from the ones announced.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Yay anachronism ::)

Actually I like the scenery over the animals. But given my low personal opinion of Schleich in general, that's not saying much.

Gwangi

Those little Velociraptors are just the worst, as if Schleich could do any worse! I actually like the little feathered theropods though.

Hermes888

Why can't they just release those feathered theropods individually? I don't want the cave.

How much are the sets going for?

Concavenator

Will those little dromaeosaurs be sold separately?

CityRaptor

Unlikely. They are likely what Schleich calls Drivers. Those are exclusive to sets.

Quote from: Gwangi on November 13, 2014, 03:11:36 AM
Those little Velociraptors are just the worst, as if Schleich could do any worse!

Like I said, I don't think those are supposed to be Velociraptors. They look a lot like the Lost World Compsognathus.

So either sidekicks or prey.  Or in a funny twist, the Velociraptor gets hunt by them!

Quote from: Hermes888 on November 13, 2014, 03:25:37 AM
Why can't they just release those feathered theropods individually? I don't want the cave.

How much are the sets going for?

Hunting Velociraptor 19,99 €
Home of the Herbivore 24,99 €
Cave Set 49,99 €
Oh no

Gwangi

You could be right but I was under the impression the set was supposed to represent a pack of Velociraptor. And I'm surprised that they would choose another theropod as the prey rather than an herbivore. Regardless, they look awful and if you can't tell what they're supposed to be than that just shows another failure of Schleich's part. It's not like Schleich never made a Velociraptor that didn't look like Velociraptor.

sauroid

is that macaw colored theropod supposed to be an Archaeopteryx?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Seems like it. Also looks like the other feathered Theropod has long feathers on its hindlegs, so it is presumbly Microraptor.

Quote from: Gwangi on November 13, 2014, 11:50:33 AM
It's not like Schleich never made a Velociraptor that didn't look like Velociraptor.

I know. I think the new Mini Velociraptor is especially bad.
Oh no

sauroid

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 13, 2014, 12:19:49 PM
Also looks like the other feathered Theropod has long feathers on its hindlegs, so it is presumbly Microraptor.

and at first glance, looks strikingly similar to WWD 3D's mini Troodon figure
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SpartanSquat

I hope they will sold separatly, I really like Microraptor and Archaeopteryx. I think there are 2 missing sets, according to the info.

CityRaptor

Yes, a bigger Set involving the cave and a watering hole. Seems like Schleich also used those sets, with other figures, for Wildlife, therefore the watering hole should look like this:
http://www.modellpferde-bilder.de/uploads/2014/11/i2044bl6jx4.jpg

Quote from: sauroid on November 13, 2014, 12:27:51 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on November 13, 2014, 12:19:49 PM
Also looks like the other feathered Theropod has long feathers on its hindlegs, so it is presumbly Microraptor.

and at first glance, looks strikingly similar to WWD 3D's mini Troodon figure

True. And the Archaeopteryx is in the very same style.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: