News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, October 17, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

The feathered figures are pretty decent by Schleich standards, but I agree they're not worth paying the big bucks if you're not interested in the rest of the sets.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 08, 2014, 01:17:39 PM
Red is Giganotosaurus, Black is Velociraptor. Atleast in Schleich's world...

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on November 08, 2014, 06:00:43 AM
I have to admit I love that blue coloration, it's not something I've seen in a while or at all on a dinosaur figure.

Really? You never saw a blue Dinosaur figure?

Well now that you mention it my Schleich Styracosaurus is blue and the underside of the Therizinosaurus is a dark blue. The large (and small) Aladar figures I own are metallic blue....anyhow whilst I may have been absent minded about the "not seeing" blue dinosaurs what I meant was I would like to see more of them. In moderation and if it works well with the dinosaur it's self.  I still like the blue coloration in my opinion it compliments it very well.  :)

(Sorry for the really late reply by the way.)

DinoToyForum

Schleich have commented on the arms of the Carnotaurus figure (on the Everything Dinosaur blog: http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2014/11/14/more-new-prehistoric-animal-models-from-schleich-2015.html). They say: "Carnotaurus belongs to the family Abelisauridae and is the one with the most distorted extremities.  Additionally, its arms are directed backwards.  We had to apply the right arm to the body due to release properties.  It may be that you cannot see this arm in the product image.  But it is there."

My highlighted text. 

The close up images on Everything Dinosaur clearly shows the arm missing. But it is there - apparently. :-X

Gwangi

I can see the arm, it's in the far left bottom corner.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on November 14, 2014, 11:50:02 AM

Then I stand corrected. :)

CityRaptor

So, does that mean the left arm will be better visible?

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on November 14, 2014, 04:21:30 AM
Well now that you mention it my Schleich Styracosaurus is blue and the underside of the Therizinosaurus is a dark blue. The large (and small) Aladar figures I own are metallic blue....anyhow whilst I may have been absent minded about the "not seeing" blue dinosaurs what I meant was I would like to see more of them. In moderation and if it works well with the dinosaur it's self.  I still like the blue coloration in my opinion it compliments it very well.  :)
(Sorry for the really late reply by the way.)

Ah, I see. ( No problem )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Arul

well everyone who disrespect "the handless carnotaurus" have to apologise  :P especially on facebook

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 14, 2014, 01:03:51 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 14, 2014, 11:50:02 AM

Then I stand corrected. :)

I think that's the arm at least. It's the little protrusion coming off the muscle bulge and held against the body.

leidy

It looks like the arms may have been sculpted lying next to the body, but most of the detail got lost in the molding process.  You can follow the line of the shoulderblade to where the neck meets the chest, and there's a vaguely triangular area where you'd expect the arm to be.  I see some scrape marks that seem to suggest where the fingers/claws are supposed to be. 

I don't think that bit in the lower left corner is intended to be the arm.

Aside from that, I'd say the proportions and posture are an improvement on their previous attempts, but nothing like the breakthrough one would hope for.

Gwangi

Sorry, I have to disagree. Just look at other reconstructions of Carnotaurus, they do the same thing. The only reason this one is being questioned is because the hand itself is obscured by the leg on the model.

Just look at the Sideshow model, you'll see the same thing going on.

Concavenator

One question:if you are subscribed to PT magazine,do you get notificarions about new models before the whole public does?If so,Schleich could've been subscribed ad are aware of a possible new Giganotosaurus from Papo,and they wanted a little competence?  ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Concavenator on November 15, 2014, 07:35:15 PM
One question:if you are subscribed to PT magazine,do you get notificarions about new models before the whole public does?If so,Schleich could've been subscribed ad are aware of a possible new Giganotosaurus from Papo,and they wanted a little competence?  ;)
No....considering that PT only comes out 4 times a year, they're usually pretty behind on releases compared to the internet.

stargatedalek

I notice some lovely accurate little animals in the playsets...
unfortunately the larger figures from the sets (and the only ones available outside the playsets) are still the usual ones

CityRaptor

Pretty genius on their part: If you want the small good ones, you have to buy big crappy ones. The Schleich catalogue calls these Drivers.
Oh no

leidy

Quote from: Gwangi on November 15, 2014, 02:53:24 PM
Sorry, I have to disagree. Just look at other reconstructions of Carnotaurus, they do the same thing. The only reason this one is being questioned is because the hand itself is obscured by the leg on the model.

I did consider that possibility, but rejected it because I don't think I've ever seen a theropod reconstruction with its hand between its legs.

You'll note the sideshow Carnotaurus also has its leg forward and its body low and the hand is still very far from being overlapped by the leg.  Considering how narrow the hips are and how wide the ribcage, this is probably something not physically possible.  Although, it is Schleich.

You might be right, I'll await further photos before expressing any certainty on the matter.

Gwangi

Quote from: leidy on November 17, 2014, 02:37:37 AM
You'll note the sideshow Carnotaurus also has its leg forward and its body low and the hand is still very far from being overlapped by the leg.  Considering how narrow the hips are and how wide the ribcage, this is probably something not physically possible.  Although, it is Schleich.

Bingo! Your thought had occurred to me too, that anatomically it doesn't match up but I just chocked it up to Schleich being Schleich. Only time will tell!

CityRaptor

Atleast their Carnotaurus seem to improve. Not enough, but still. Eh, clueless people are gonna buy those anyways since they are Schleich and Schleich = Good Stuff in their opinion.
Oh no

Mauro "Raptor86"

Are we getting the watering hole playset or not?

Rathalosaurus

Okay. My thoughts about Schleich:
WHY!!!DOES!!!SCHLEICH!!!CLAIM!!!THAT!!!ITS!!!REPLICAS!!!ARE!!!SCIENTIFICALLY!!!ACCURATE!!!!
I mean, has someone looked at Schleich's horses?? The 2014 ones are also crap!! >:( >:(
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

CityRaptor

What are your thoughts?

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 17, 2014, 02:05:36 PM
Are we getting the watering hole playset or not?

Doesn't look like it.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: