News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, October 17, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf-EyE

new Carnotaurus looks so cheacp.. I have red Carno, one of the best Schleich figure ever.. I mean if you are making something new, it should be better than the old one right.. This one is even worse.. I think its a small version..

New Spino looks good. It seems like they try to get closer to JP design.. But still Papo has the best Spino

I like Giganosaurus.. It was good, and still looks good

Manatee

Quote from: Wolf-EyE on November 24, 2014, 08:05:57 AM
it should be better than the old one right..
Nah, that's what Schleich does. They diminish their products' quality and accuracy continually until they get things like the 2014 raptor.

CityRaptor

Actually, some of their products are improvement over their previous versions. Still far inferior to the competition, even if reviews on the German Amazon site claim otherwise...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

laticauda

Quote from: Wolf-EyE on November 24, 2014, 08:05:57 AM
new Carnotaurus looks so cheacp.. I have red Carno, one of the best Schleich figure ever.. I mean if you are making something new, it should be better than the old one right.. This one is even worse.. I think its a small version..

New Spino looks good. It seems like they try to get closer to JP design.. But still Papo has the best Spino

I like Giganosaurus.. It was good, and still looks good

The red Carno is a great example of the company.  It has a realistic feel, cool anatomical features, extremely durable, with a poor attention to scientific accuracy.  They make great sandbox toys that kids love that are made with better materials than cheposaurs.  They are the poster child of making things that look fun for kids but not necessarily great models for a collectors shelf. 

stargatedalek

I honestly prefer the new carnotaurus
even from the thumbnail photo I can tell its more accurate

but thats just me, I normally prioritize accuracy over "daikaiju awesomebro style"

CityRaptor

Well:
Original Carno: Ugh, what is that?
Red Carno: The cousin of the Disney Carno.
New Carno: Their most accurate Carno yet, but a tail dragger.

But let's face it, if you want a good Carno from a western company, you go for the Papo or Carnegie Carno instead. That being said, I might get the new Carno if I can get one for cheap.
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 24, 2014, 10:30:05 PM
I honestly prefer the new carnotaurus
even from the thumbnail photo I can tell its more accurate

but thats just me, I normally prioritize accuracy over "daikaiju awesomebro style"

Same here, the new one looks superior to it's predecessor. By no means a great model, but acceptable considering it's from Schleich.

stargatedalek

taking its size into account also earns it a bit of leeway when comparing it to the larger Scleich figures

sauroid

i actually cant wait to see that new Carno in person.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suchomimus

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 24, 2014, 10:42:36 PM
Well:
Original Carno: Ugh, what is that?
Red Carno: The cousin of the Disney Carno.
New Carno: Their most accurate Carno yet, but a tail dragger.

I guess we could extrapolate Schleich's progress with Carno>Raptors. And hope one of Papo quality or better to be produced in the future :D

On the other hand, the feathered theropods in the cave sets are really something! Schleich might have to have them sold separately in mid 2015 or at least 2016 with sufficient feedback

CityRaptor

Oh no

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

triceratops83

Actually, that seems to be some weird translation/typo. The German Ebay says EUR 4.5, while mine stills says like $67. Might just wait for Everythingdinosaur, though.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

ignite444

*Looks at the new figures to be released soon and sighs* Schleich always continues to disappoint me. Their carnivores are terrible! I like their herbivores, those are at least decent, but the carnivores? Ugh. Only one I'll be getting is the Kentrosaurus, it looks awesome, and surprisingly the best one on the market so far... Though I think they stole the position from the Fame Master 4D Kentrosaurus puzzle. It's the exact same position.

My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Meso-Cenozoic

Those two look good! I like the Anhanguera better than I thought I would. Not quite as impressive as CollectA's Guidraco, but at least his jaw opens up at the correct joint! Kentrosaurus looks just as good as I had hoped. Definitely getting him and probably the Anhanguera. ^-^

Zhuchengotyrant

Now it is official: I'm getting the Kentrosaurus. I wa stinking about it, and decided until I saw one in person. The best part is that my neighbourhood toys r us sells the schelich(?).
-Zhuchengotyrant

CityRaptor

Looks like the Kleinen Dinos are not the only ones getting retired. The Parasaurolophus will have to go, too.

Given that it is one of their better Dinosaurs, and their track record with good Dinosaurs, the question should not be "Why", but rather "What took them so long?"
Oh no

SpartanSquat

CityRaptor

Video showing the Dinosaur section of the new catalogue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOXqozW9k8Y
Pretty much confirms that we won't get the Watering Hole...and that the macaw-looking Dinosaur is Archaeopteryx, the other Microraptor and that the guys coming with the Raptor are Compsognathus.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: