News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

I have to admit I love these Spinos! And so many to choose from!  Poor wallet...!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Meso-Cenozoic

I'll probably get all three versions so I'll have a family unit spending the day at the beach together. ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on January 16, 2015, 11:41:41 PM
I'll probably get all three versions so I'll have a family unit spending the day at the beach together. ;D

Couple palm tree umbrellas, some fresh fish..it's a great way to spend the day!

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 16, 2015, 11:46:04 PM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on January 16, 2015, 11:41:41 PM

Couple palm tree umbrellas, some fresh fish..it's a great way to spend the day!

Hehe! I also wanted to say I found the bit-longer bipedal legs version to look a bit awkward too. He looks like a teeter-totter that would only teeter. ;)  LOL!

Gwangi

They'll lend themselves well to dioramas. That alone is a reason to get them!

Arul

That swimming gesture is so much better  :D

tanystropheus

Quote from: ARUL on January 17, 2015, 12:18:46 AM
That swimming gesture is so much better  :D

It looks graceful. I think it might go well with one of those transparent pole stands, suspended in the air.

tanystropheus

Quote from: sauroid on January 16, 2015, 03:54:10 PM
the CollectA swimming Spino (from Everything Dinosaur fb page)

just wondering why the feet and hands arent webbed

Are they supposed to be webbed?

alexeratops

Ummm... is there a base for him? Has this question been answered?
like a bantha!

stargatedalek

The toes were very wide and flat, thus heavily implying they were webbed, as for the hands I've never heard that before.

SBell

Quote from: alexeratops on January 17, 2015, 01:45:44 AM
Ummm... is there a base for him? Has this question been answered?

I mentioned it in the other thread, about just the CollectA Spinosaurs. Anthony Beeson mentioned possibly coming up with a base inspired by the Invicta ones. Nothing is certain though. But it would be awesome.

tyrantqueen

That swimming Spino looks great. Putting the Spino in water circumvents the posture controversy. I really hope a model kit maker sculpts something similar in a large scale.

Dobber

I agree with Tyrantqueen and others...swimming Spino looks wonderful. A clear acrylic rod to support it above a base will be fantastic. Please refresh my memory, what is the scale of this one? It is smaller than the originally shown walking Spinosaurus correct?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

suchomimus

The swimming one would look great next to the Carnegie's Spino!

I just hope the spino's head isn't small like their Icthyovenator; more detail could be given to the spinosaur's teeth!

suspsy

Even if an army of paleontologists was deployed to Africa and combed every fossil bed from the west coast to the east, there's still the sad possibility that a complete Spinosaurus skeleton won't be found. Perhaps this is just one of those mysteries that never, ever be solved. Or perhaps it will.

In the mean time, there's no reason not to enjoy these new Spinosaurus models. :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Daspletodave

The swimming Spino looks better than the walking one. However, I don't believe for a second that Spinosaurus had hideously shrunken hind legs. Makes it look like a Daschund-Dimetrodon.

Everything_Dinosaur

As for the scale on the swimming CollectA Spinosaurus, it is not really to scale, the Deluxe version from CollectA coming out this year is much larger at 36cm long approx.  The two models that will accompany the CollectA Deluxe are around 26cm long, more details on the Everything Dinosaur blog site, in articles such as this: Swimming Spinosaurs.

Hope this helps.

DinoToyForum

As has become tradition, I have summarised all the new CollectA releases in a dinotoyblog entry: http://dinotoyblog.com/2015/01/17/upcoming-releases-from-collecta-new-for-2015/  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on January 17, 2015, 03:52:49 PM
As for the scale on the swimming CollectA Spinosaurus, it is not really to scale, the Deluxe version from CollectA coming out this year is much larger at 36cm long approx.  The two models that will accompany the CollectA Deluxe are around 26cm long, more details on the Everything Dinosaur blog site, in articles such as this: Swimming Spinosaurs.

Hope this helps.

Those are pretty good sizes...hope CollectA continues to dish out the larger pieces. :)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 17, 2015, 04:31:06 PM
As has become tradition, I have summarised all the new CollectA releases in a dinotoyblog entry: http://dinotoyblog.com/2015/01/17/upcoming-releases-from-collecta-new-for-2015/  :)
You're still missing the picture of the smaller walking Spinosaurus figure:

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: