News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2015, 05:07:56 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 18, 2015, 04:55:00 AM
Dean really tries to keep his prices as low as he can. He told me once what his general markup percentage was. And believe me, he ain't making much. I guess it also depends on what each distributors' suppliers' asking costs are too.

Boy, that Daxiatitan is even more lime-greenier than his proto pics were. Looks like he's gonna get washed.... in mud-colored water. ;)  Hehe!

I still think the Temnodontosaurus' beak looks warped, curving inward a bit just like the Mosasaurus did this past year. I hope not. But if it is, it probably means they're still using that softer plastic. Which means there would be a good chance of the Xiongguanlong warping over too. But we'll all know for sure when we get our own actual figures.

BTW, thanks for these pics, Blade. They're very sharp so you can see a lot of details in them.

Very welcome.

The softer plastic is an issue when it gets no support. The Mosa and Quetz I managed to tweak a bit but heating them up and propping them open for about a month. So far they seem to have stayed.  I think one key is getting the plastic warmer than your room temp at the hottest time..if it never reaches that they will stay.

I do always try the hot/cold water treatments, but it didn't take too well on the softer CollectA's. And the room they're in is usually pretty cool all year round, either because of air-conditioning in summer or cooler in the winter because that room doesn't get very warm, and they're not in any direct sunlight ever. But what I didn't try was propping them open for that long of a duration. I usually just run it under the hottest water for up to a minute, bend it to where I want it, then immediately under the coldest water till it stiffens up again. But the problem with these is their plastic was never firm to begin with. So they can only stiffen up so much. We really shouldn't have to do this each year. The simple solution is a firmer solution in their plastic. They do have one they use already. I guess I don't understand why they don't use it more throughout their collection.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2015, 01:37:58 AM
Cool. Man I wish that Mapusaurus had stayed the same as the prototype...every time I see it , like an old wound.. lol

I had almost forgotten about that lovely prototype, before he became a contestant on The Biggest Loser! LOL! :P ;)

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2015, 05:16:23 AM
This logo was also posted :

maybe I missed it..but what is IQON ?

You had me scratching my head with that one. And being slightly OCD (lol), I had to find out. I think they're the US distributor for CollectA. Look at the bottom of this page on CollectA's site...

http://www.collecta.biz/en/distributors

sauroid

the Guidraco is just too awesome for words, but that casque :( (no i don't like altering figures unless i have an extra freebie).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Dean really tries to keep his prices as low as he can. He told me once what his general markup percentage was. And believe me, he ain't making much. I guess it also depends on what each distributors' suppliers' asking costs are too.

It's still strange that his retail would be lower than the wholesale prices though--it's one thing to have low margins, but quite another to have negative ones!

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: SBell on February 18, 2015, 05:56:22 AM

It's still strange that his retail would be lower than the wholesale prices though--it's one thing to have low margins, but quite another to have negative ones!

This is true. LOL! Maybe the US distributor he gets his from gets a better price than yours in Canada? Although, it does sound like it could be a significant difference. Hmm.

Quote from: sauroid on February 18, 2015, 05:49:49 AM
the Guidraco is just too awesome for words, but that casque :( (no i don't like altering figures unless i have an extra freebie).

Yeah, those sherbet-like swirls are a bit of a put-off for me too. But not enough not to get him. I did like them a bit better on the prototype when those colored stripes looked to be more sprayed on than painted on in hard lines like these. Even though I wasn't thrilled with the colors, the sprayed on ones looked a bit more natural.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah okay. Maybe IQON only had a few of the more recent pieces to show so not as many as the main company.

Hmmm..I'm not sure about Dean's prices there..just what he said. Maybe he makes up the cost somewhere else? In quantity or something?

The crest colors are a it too perfect..but it doesn't distract much..I may repaint it, one to be black ( female) another to be red (male).

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2015, 02:24:55 AM
Some pics from the U.S. Toy Fair :

It is a mine, or what figuration but I think the Temnodontosaurus has bent peak, if so would be to prevent children lesionasen.

tyrantqueen

Please do not quote multiple photos in one single post.

Shonisaurus

Understood tyrannqueen not happen again. I have understood and sorry.

Rathalosaurus

I think you may have to study a bit more english, don't you?
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

suspsy

No need to be harsh on his grammar. He's apologised.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Rathalosaurus

Okay. Didn't want to be rude. Sorry if in sounded so.
Btw wht do you think about the Guidraco?

Concavenator

That Guidraco is so freaking badass.I absolutely love it,and I'm so jealous of those who own it already!

suspsy

Honestly? The Feathered T. Rex is the toy I'm most looking forward to this year, but I believe the Guidraco will be voted #1 in the Top 10 Toys of 2015 poll.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Rathalosaurus

My favourites are Guidraco and the fuzzy T-Rex.

Shonisaurus

My favorites are the undisputed Guidraco and Pliosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on February 18, 2015, 11:45:26 PM
Honestly? The Feathered T. Rex is the toy I'm most looking forward to this year, but I believe the Guidraco will be voted #1 in the Top 10 Toys of 2015 poll.

I'd say that's a good bet..best prehistoric animal replica of 2015?

Shonisaurus

Minizoo just released a new video on funkei Pliosaurus and Temnodontosaurus of Collecta.
The Pliosaurus looks huge tyrannosaurus purchased with Schleich.

Bokisaurus

Well, well, look w hat just arrived today ;D
I have to say that I am loving all of these new release from CollectA. The detailing and paint job are all clear and crisp. Usually there are a few that I am not excited about, but these group are all winner to me. Let's stat with the HUGE Pliosaur, I mean this guy is much bigger than I imagined!
[
It is about the same size as their Rhomaleosaurus, really loving this guy, great details, including those lamprey pest ( one is under the belly of the beast!). As you can see, it dwarf the mosasaur! ^-^

Nasutoceratops - I really love this little guy. It has so much personality or such a calmly posed figure. The detailing is awesome, and the paint job flawless. I think it is safe to say that of the 3 Nasuro this year, this is going to be the smallest of them.The horn on this guy is much more curved inward than Safari's, more like a bull's. I really love the pain design on this guy and it is fast becoming my favorite ceratopsian.
[

Daxiatitan - I have to say, this, IMHO, is CollectA's best sauropod to date. It's a beautifully sculpted figure with lot's of wonderful details all over the body. The neck is muscular, unlike the razor-thin dipole's. It also has a beautifully sculpted head, none of those cartoony head that has plagued CollectA's sauropods in the past. It is larger and more rubout than Argentinosaur.
[

Xiongguanlong - Another feathery beast joins the herd. t's nice little figure, much better than the other crested one ;) And the plastic is much harder than their other based figures.
[

Medusaceratops - finally, the second ceratopsian. This is a nice figure in a dynamic pose. Much brighter color than nasuto and also much larger than it and Xeno before it. My only complain is that I wish the head was tilted down ( charging pose) instead of up (bellowing pose) so you can appreciate the frill more.In this pose, the nice frill is obscured. Also wish the large frill horn was larger. But overall, it's another great new ceratopsian.
[

There you have it, the first wave of CollectA's 2015 releases. Overall, it's as exciting as the names are, and as always, the figures are so much better in person than in any stock photo out.
Oh, I got mine from Mini Zoo, great online store and really comparable price ( for overseas), well worth it. I would say that total, it probably cost $10 more than if I got it in the states.

If you want more photos, you can check out the dedicated threads for each group. Cheers, and hope you enjoyed the photos ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Pliosaur looks really nice..I do love the large size as well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: