News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

USA Model Buildup

Started by DinoLord, October 22, 2014, 02:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoLord

Anyone know of any good model builders/painters in the US? I have an unassembled Horizon Brachiosaurus that needs finishing. I'd ship it off to Martin but shipping the finished model back would be infeasible.

Doug Watson

Quote from: DinoLord on October 22, 2014, 02:19:34 PM
Anyone know of any good model builders/painters in the US? I have an unassembled Horizon Brachiosaurus that needs finishing. I'd ship it off to Martin but shipping the finished model back would be infeasible.

I would try our very own Amanasaur Rex, I believe he is in the USA. Check out his Horizon JP builds here http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1831.0
If you want it to look like the movie his look pretty much spot on and from what I have seen he is fast too. Send him a PM I haven't seen him on here since September.

DinoLord

Thanks for the link. I have emailed him and will have to see if I get a response or not.

tyrantqueen

If you don't have any luck with Amanasaur rex, you might want to consider Steve DeMarco. He is in the US and his work is stunning. One of my fave model painters.

There's Shane Foulkes too.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 26, 2014, 06:51:05 PM
If you don't have any luck with Amanasaur rex, you might want to consider Steve DeMarco. He is in the US and his work is stunning. One of my fave model painters.

There's Shane Foulkes too.
Demarco does gorgeous work, not even a doubt but wow his prices are a bit yikes to me....I wish I could afford his work.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoLord

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 26, 2014, 06:57:06 PMDemarco does gorgeous work, not even a doubt but wow his prices are a bit yikes to me....I wish I could afford his work.

If that's true then I don't think that's an option for me as I already spent a lot on the kit itself.  :-\

Anyone know how Shane's rates generally are?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.