News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, October 25, 2014, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uroplatus

Quote from: DinoLord on March 23, 2015, 01:32:04 PM
Quote from: Uroplatus on March 23, 2015, 11:33:21 AM
Hi everybody, does any of you guy's know if the first 4 releases of the Battat Terra series are still available in Target stores in the US ?

I will be travelling there next month and i would like to pick these guys up, but i don't feel very confident i am going to find them when i'm there...

Thanks in advance. :)

I don't see any reason why not. I haven't been to a Target myself in a while, but they were very readily available when I did go last fall.

Quote from: Dino Master on March 23, 2015, 02:32:26 PM
Just checked this weekend, and they still had the 2014 ones at my local one. Good luck finding the Dacenturus though, as it's a wee bit rare in my neck of the woods.

Thanks, both of you. :)
I have abouth 5-6 adresses of Target stores so i geuss i should atleast be able to find them in one of those.  :))

DinoLord

In my neck of the woods it's the Nanshiungosaurus that sells out fastest. If you have access to multiple locations your bases are covered though.

ltokuda

Quote from: Uroplatus on March 23, 2015, 11:33:21 AM
Hi everybody, does any of you guy's know if the first 4 releases of the Battat Terra series are still available in Target stores in the US ?

I will be travelling there next month and i would like to pick these guys up, but i don't feel very confident i am going to find them when i'm there...

Thanks in advance. :)

Yes, they're still widely available.  Go to www.target.com and search for "battat terra".  You'll see the 4 battat dinosaurs.  Click on the one you want.  Then click on the "Find in a Store" button.  This will let you see which stores have the figure in stock.  If you want, I believe you can pre-purchase them, then just pick them up in the store.

Arul

Doug Watson

Quote from: loru1588 on March 16, 2015, 08:44:09 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!! This is something that will never go away. I have to do my best with chemo and such to keep it in check. My Drs are great and we monitor my blood monthly to see where the levels are at. As long as they are in the acceptable range and my kidneys continue to function, I'm good.

Man, you are a fighter Dan, your attitude is inspirational. I am convinced a person's attitude has a big impact on the prognosis so I think cancer may have met it's match in you. I am amazed that you continue to do your excellent work, I know how my recent minor complaints threw a wrench in my work so I am truly impressed at your resolve. I imagine your family has a lot to do with that as well. I also add my best wishes.

loru1588

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 01, 2015, 05:11:22 PM
Quote from: loru1588 on March 16, 2015, 08:44:09 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!! This is something that will never go away. I have to do my best with chemo and such to keep it in check. My Drs are great and we monitor my blood monthly to see where the levels are at. As long as they are in the acceptable range and my kidneys continue to function, I'm good.

Man, you are a fighter Dan, your attitude is inspirational. I am convinced a person's attitude has a big impact on the prognosis so I think cancer may have met it's match in you. I am amazed that you continue to do your excellent work, I know how my recent minor complaints threw a wrench in my work so I am truly impressed at your resolve. I imagine your family has a lot to do with that as well. I also add my best wishes.

Thanks Doug!! Appreciate the kind thoughts! Yeah, it's what I HAVE to do to stay ahead of this crap disease! The Battat job got me out of a funk I was starting to slide into.Fallen a bit behind, but they understand, Joe Battats Dad died of Myeloma so he's very in tune with what I'm going through. Inn the long run they're getting at least 4 new toys a year out of me and reissuing some of the old MOS Boston Series under the Terra Series, so I'm lucky they are letting me work at my own pace. Thanks again, looking forward to seeing new pieces from you soon!!

Concavenator

I think the thread should be updated because of the Nasutoceratops.

Concavenator

Btw when will the Nasutoceratops be available?

loru1588

I just build them!! Battat releases them when they feel they are ready. I have no info on a time line for ANY of the new Terra Series or the re-release of the re-painted former MOS Boston Series. If I DID have info I would be MORE than happy to share it here!!

loru1588

For those of you NOT aware, the Nasuto/Nasuto/Nasuto poll has commenced whereas pics of the Paint master are now posted so you all have a 3 way comparison of the toys!! Let the games begin!!LOL

EmperorDinobot

Oh man, Dan, I hope you get better.

I had a bone marrow transplant when I was 13. I've had my fair share of chemo and radiation, as well as some pretty...uhm...invasive surgeries. But that's all in the past now. Someday you'll look back and laugh at it all.

Where is the Nasuto poll?

I live near three Targets and they are ALWAYS FULL of Battat dinosaurs. If anyone cannot access them... I can help you out.

loru1588

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 13, 2015, 02:50:34 AM
Oh man, Dan, I hope you get better.

I had a bone marrow transplant when I was 13. I've had my fair share of chemo and radiation, as well as some pretty...uhm...invasive surgeries. But that's all in the past now. Someday you'll look back and laugh at it all.

Where is the Nasuto poll?

I live near three Targets and they are ALWAYS FULL of Battat dinosaurs. If anyone cannot access them... I can help you out.

Here's the poll < http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2866.0 >
Yeah, this stuff sucks right now but, I'm a fighter and to quote Tom Petty"  " I Won't Back Down !!"

EmperorDinobot

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

The Nasutoceratops is gorgeous, by the way. I'm impressed by your output, Dan! Hopefully now that you've actually got a backlog, Battat will finally get off their butts and release the new models!

Sim

I'd thought of asking Battat if there was any release date for new Battat dinosaurs.  However, the only way to contact them I'd been able to find was calling them, which as I'm in the UK I thought would be very expensive.  My mum is going on holiday to New York tomorrow and today she told me how one can make very inexpensive international calls through JustCall.  So, I called Battat!  I spoke to a nice Battat customer service representative and asked them if they knew of any release dates for new Battat Terra dinosaurs (and I made sure to be clear I was talking about the larger single figures by Dan as opposed to the small figures that come in sets).  The customer service representative said there are 4 currently available at Target, and there are 2 more that were planned to be released in Spring 2015 but as they took a long time to make they missed that release date.  They explained there are only 2 times every year when they release new toys  - in spring, and in autumn (or fall as it gets called over there!).  They said those 2 new Battat dinosaurs will be released sometime in August or September 2015 - so in the autumn/fall release period.  I told the customer service representative I think the Battat Terra dinosaurs we'd been talking about are really great!  I also told them I'd tell what we discussed to some other people who I know will want to know there will definitely be new Battat dinosaurs released this year!  I was referring to all of you on this forum who are also looking forward to the new Battat dinosaurs! :)  If anyone else wants to get in touch with Battat, the phone number to call can be found by clicking on question 22 on this page: http://www.battatco.com/faq.html

John

Thanks Sim,that's good to know. :)
Releases from companies are always like this.Only now we're aware of what's coming ahead of time much more than normal. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Fembrogon

Good grief; Battat doesn't seem to represent their Terra series at all on their website.

Am I correct in understanding from Sim's post that we're only getting two more figures later this year?

Sim

Thanks John and Blade-of-the-Moon!

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 12, 2015, 03:40:50 AM
Good grief; Battat doesn't seem to represent their Terra series at all on their website.

Am I correct in understanding from Sim's post that we're only getting two more figures later this year?
Yeah, I also noticed the Terra series isn't represented on Battat's website.  I think they aren't giving it enough attention (especially the dinosaurs by Dan LoRusso and Greg Wenzel)...

When I spoke to the Battat customer service representative I didn't think of asking for the names of the two dinosaurs they said would be released in autumn of this year.  I also asked them if there were plans to release any more Battat Terra dinosaurs in addition to the two they said would be out in autumn.  They said at the end of the year they see how the dinosaurs have done and if they've sold well, more will be released.

However, seeing as there's five Battat dinosaurs that Dan has sculpted which aren't released yet, and there's three more he's working on, and there's the reissues of the MOS series that he's repainted - it seems like Battat is keen on releasing these (at some point...).  What the customer service representative said made me think it looks like only two more Battat dinos will be released this year, but perhaps they didn't yet know more will be released too.  I think I remember Dan LoRusso saying the Gastonia, Gigantoraptor, Pentaceratops and Europasaurus were going to be released together...  Hopefully if they get made in time they will be.  Dan also said this regarding some of the reissues:
Quote from: loru1588 on March 05, 2015, 02:27:18 PM
You know the expression "Be careful what you wish for"? Well evidently, the demand for the repainted reissue of the former MOS Boston Series has been so large that Battat is releasing some of them later this year under the Terra Series label. No changes will be made at this time. Maybe sometime in the not too distant future I will be allowed/able to make any and all changes/corrections to the pieces that need them. You wanted them, you got them!

I'm hoping more than two Battat dinosaurs will be released this year!  I'm happy at least two will be released this year though.

amanda

IF only two will be released, I'd bet on the Gastonia and Gigantoraptor. Those are in line before the new ones. I'd bet packaging is even ready to go on those two.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: