News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Back from the dead

Started by Last Dimetrodon, October 31, 2014, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Dimetrodon

Hallo everyone,

My name is Tiemen Wolbers 25 ex student forestry/warden from the Netherlands and it is quite a while since I was active in the whole dinosaur thing.
As a wee child I could almost call myself an expert in Dinosaurs. I did know and could write all dinosaur names before I could even read books, clocks etc. I've always loved the prehistoric and later human history in which I continued my hobbies in the form of re-enactment, Late Iron age Belgica (Celtic), 80 and 30 years war of the Netherlands and Sweden aswell as English cival war and later Jacobite risings 1688/1746 (a lot Celtic/Scottish reenactment)

Since not too long ago my old love for dinosaurs was lit again by discovering a few nice figures from PAPO which actually impress me. So I bought the Archeopteryx model  ;D since then I also discovered the Safari LTD range and I must say I am sold to the old hobby again :-)

And now it comes; I went to look at my old collection up in the attic for a few of the olden goldies from my collection for a couple of nice pictures and maybe even the diorama contest (my compliments to you all) I found out in horror that alot of them are gone!!! Among them is a very nice figure of an Ornitolestes, brown figure with insane detail, with an orange/reddish/brown crest on its head and a white nose horn. I don't know from which maker it came but this would be my first question. Does anyone know a figure like that!? Information Information please can anyone help me?  :( meanwhile my search continues.

And hallo everyone!!! Nice to meet you all :-P

Gwangi

Is this the one? The picture (and toy) belong to Battatitan, a forum member here. Not sure how active he is these days, haven't seen him around lately. Apparently you can find it in lots on eBay. 

Ikessauro

If I'm not mistaken that's Waiphoon's Ornitholestes. Welcome to the forum!

Last Dimetrodon

You two good fine sir's are both geniuses :-) Thanks a lot this will surely help  ^-^

Atm I'm looking around on eBay like you said, but not with a lot of result for an Ornitolestes. :-(

I am really into the Permian /Triassic era at the moment and I'm also looking for small critters of the Permian era specifically. Everything except the Dimetrodon. (Already know the two nice ones from Safari and Papo).

:-)

TJ_Terrorsaur

Hello, and welcome to the forums! ^_^
I know the feeling most of my collection is gone either through toys getting stolen by 'friends' and family members (when we were younger) or getting mixed in with garage sales stuffs, or just up and disappearing. I hope you can find the figures you've lost. I just tried finding an Ornitolestes but to no avail. Maybe one will turn up soon?

Once more welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Nebuloid

Welcome, fellow Dutchman ! I see you have the same 2 favorite creatures as me, but I would also add Deinonychus to that list.  8)
And I would say Kaiyodo makes alot of figures in the eras you specify...

Last Dimetrodon

Thanks a lot lads I really do feel welcome.   ^-^

If someone knows people or links which might help me or sales it will come in very handy.  ;)

Last Dimetrodon

Right today I had my wisdomtooth pulled for which I already stressed through the days, so back at my parents place with my mouth full of bandages and still pissed about the fact I still couldn't find the "missing part of my old collection'' and my damn Ornitolestes!!! I went into kick arse mode/ mission to save all the missing dinosaurs of this world! and searched the old bathroom = storage room with boxes. AAAAaaaaaaal the way in the back corner pressed between boxes of my sisters shite I saw the faces of the JP triceratops and (lost world) Stegosaurs gasping for air. Pull us up you bastard! What year is it!?       So after securing the box full of dinosaurs, answering all the questions and giving medical aid  ;D  C:-) I went through the box until my finger was literally grabbed by something I as looking for in particular, THE ORNITOLESTES! Found you, you little shite!

Along with a whole bunch of them I made a couple of pictures of what I found :) (this is ofcourse far from everything, but well in my eyes its most of them old stuff. Apart from the JP figures and the safari baby's, the most bigger ones and the Ornitolestes I am willing to sell or trade a couple of them.  :)

Keeping the JP and the very big ones I only have 1 of. The dubble you guys can have or trade.

The JP Crips for the keeping  8) ;D

There you are hiding you little bastard! (Protoceratops and Allosaur for trade and sale)

Sale/trade (see the link I still need to make on the Classified page)

Some older ones really look like they had a couple of strokes in their life's  ;D And they all need a bath  ::)

(most of them will need a shower)  ::)

Libraraptor

I really like you telling about traveling into both past and future of you collecting dinosaurs. You have some weird little  monsters there! Are you planning to continue collecting?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.