News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Looking for a (early)Permian collection

Started by Last Dimetrodon, November 02, 2014, 12:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Dimetrodon

Hi there everyone,

Since not too long ago my old love for dinosaurs was lit again by discovering all the great dinosaur figures from brands like Papo, Safari and CollectA.
I've seen great collections from members having also a good Permian collection and I was hoping I could get one myself :-)

Is anyone able to help me with a couple? Selling them or maybe even trading? (Don't have a lot of great stuff to trade though 'my opinion')

Here is a link to my first post not too long ago in the new member page; http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2754.0

I put up a couple pictures of Permian fauna to give some idea for which I'm looking for :-)

SBell

The pictures aren't working, but I figured them out.

Unfortunately, overall you will find Permian figures difficult. There are a small variety of gorgonopsids (Safari makes a fine Inostrancevia), Safari recently discontinued their Scutosaurus (but I do have some for sale), Xenacanthus at least shows up in the Safari Toob so you can feed the Dimetrodon; there are a few good ones in the Prehistoric Panorama figures...Diplocaulus shows up in a few other lines. Also check out Shapeways and Sculpteo, there are a few neat 3D printed models on those.

And there are others--Edaphosaurus, Platyhystrix, Sphenacodon, even a Bradysaurus, some other amphibians--all of which are highly sought after, discontinued, and hard (not impossible) to find. You may find it less frustrating to start out with Mesozoic animals first, keeping your eyes open for the Permian.

I'm not really differentiating age-wise in the Permian either. That will limit you to...not much, really. More so.

DinoLord

Crackington

I believe that member Roselaar still has some Playvisions amphibians for sale/trade. Managed to swap some nice figures including an Eryops with him recently.

Last Dimetrodon

Thanks :-) I just did him a pm. Looking at his name, I think he is Dutch like me so it should work out fine ;-P

If anyone knows more people or whatever let me know :-)

Bokisaurus

They are hard to find and not many make figures of them. I have a few in my collection, but they are not for sale or trade. However, i you just want to see what figures are out there, I can post some photo of you.

Last Dimetrodon

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 02, 2014, 11:52:00 PM
They are hard to find and not many make figures of them. I have a few in my collection, but they are not for sale or trade. However, i you just want to see what figures are out there, I can post some photo of you.

It would be an pleasure and helpfull. :-)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Last Dimetrodon on November 03, 2014, 06:37:55 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 02, 2014, 11:52:00 PM

It would be an pleasure and helpfull. :-)

Okay, here you go -

Just ask if you have any question as who made what figure, hope this helps.

Last Dimetrodon

:o Hooooooooooooh :-P

Oke; 3th picture, 5th picture, 6th picture and the two front Dimetrodons and Diplocaulus on the 9th picture :-)

Love to have those figures :-)

SBell

Quote from: Last Dimetrodon on November 04, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

Oke; 3th picture, 5th picture, 6th picture and the two front Dimetrodons and Diplocaulus on the 9th picture :-)

So you're looking for smaller figures like Play Visions, Dinotales, Yujin (the Acanthostega on stands) plus some Prehistoric Panorama? Ebay. Maybe someone has trades. They've otherwise been out of production for well over 10 years. Except maybe the PP figures, I can't remember of their Acanthostega and Diplocaulus were reissued.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Last Dimetrodon on November 04, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

3rd picture: Bullyland Procynosuchus - Dejankins still has it: http://www.dejankins.com/bullyland-museum-line/
                                                                                                  >> scroll down to 1997!

5th picture: Acanthostega - left: Kaiyodo Dinotales (you should find it on eBay), right: Yujin (hard to find)

6th picture: The green and the pink Diplocaulus are again Kaiyodo Dinotales as are the Lystrosaurus and the Eryops in the background. I don't know too much about the PV figures :-[. The black Diplocaulus above on the right might be from that French retro company named Starlux :-\.

9th picture: The two front Dimetrodon on the left (two different colour variations) are also from Kaiyodo's Dinotales line (you should also be able to find them on eBay one day).

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on November 04, 2014, 01:53:18 PM
I can't remember of their Acanthostega and Diplocaulus were reissued.

They were, except it's an Ichthyostega. Only the Scutosaurus (pictured among Boki's figures) and Desmatosuchus from Tedco's Early Reptiles/Amphibians set didn't make it for re-issueing. Sadly.

Since the other figures were re-released only last year, they should still be findable.

DinoLord

Pmed you with a big list; did you get it?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.