News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Yutyrannus's Prehistoric Art

Started by Yutyrannus, April 13, 2012, 02:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

I love prehistoric life and like drawing it. I decided to start this thread to post my drawings

First, Yutyrannus Hauli (sorry, I couldn't get the picture up yet. But will try to post it as soon as possible).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

ZoPteryx

Nice work!  I really like the colors! :)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Zopteryx on April 27, 2012, 12:33:48 AM
Nice work!  I really like the colors! :)
Thanks. My next drawing will be a Velociraptor.

Yutyrannus

I decided not to make the velociraptor, but soon I should be able to post some pictures I've been working on ;).

Gryphoceratops

Looks really nice so far.  I love the detail you put into the feet especially.  Would it be alright if I gave you some constructive criticism though with regards to the anatomy?  I think the belly and the torso in general should be much deeper.  Its something I needed to learn when I drew theropods too.   :)

Yutyrannus

Actually, I thought it was a little too slim myself.
WIP of Utahraptor Ostromaysorum, the final picture has feathers but for now he is bald.

[attachment msg=10390][/attachment]

Yutyrannus

WIP of Ceratosaurus hunting Ceratodus.

[attachment msg=10391][/attachment]

Lady medusa

your hunting ceratosaurus is very interesting. I like it.

Yutyrannus

WIP of Hatzegopteryx with a baby magyarosaurus and it's not too happy mother.
Finished drawing of Utahraptor.

[attachment msg=11500][/attachment]

[attachment msg=11500][/attachment]

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on May 28, 2012, 03:32:14 AM
Looks really nice so far.  I love the detail you put into the feet especially.  Would it be alright if I gave you some constructive criticism though with regards to the anatomy?  I think the belly and the torso in general should be much deeper.  Its something I needed to learn when I drew theropods too.   :)
Is this better?

[attachment msg=11501][/attachment]

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: Yutyrannus on June 12, 2012, 09:02:31 PM
Quote from: Gryphoceratops on May 28, 2012, 03:32:14 AM
Is this better?

Yes!   :D

Yutyrannus

Here is the finished and revised Utahraptor pouncing on Falcarius drawing. It took 4 hours 11 minutes to complete.
And here is the finished drwaing of Hatzegopteryx.

[attachment msg=11865][/attachment]

[attachment msg=11865][/attachment]

ZoPteryx

Nice work Yutyranns, especially on that Hatzegopteryx!  I find perched pterosaurs to be one of the more difficult things to draw. ^-^

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Zopteryx on June 18, 2012, 09:54:53 PM
Nice work Yutyranns, especially on that Hatzegopteryx!  I find perched pterosaurs to be one of the more difficult things to draw. ^-^
Me too. I actually started it about a month ago but gave up because I couldn't figure out how to fold the wings ^-^.

Yutyrannus

Also I didn't note this before so I will here. The story of what is happening in the drawing. It is all happening on a platoe (I definatly spelled that wrong). Foreground: A massive Hatzegopteryx has landed and stolen a Magyarosaurus calf. It is followed by the Magyarosaur's not exactly happy mother. Background: A pair of Telmatosaurus drink from a small watering hole and are unknowingly stalked by a Balur hiding in a cluster of plants. Note: Since I had to draw it so tiny, about 1 in. long, the Balaur did not turn out too well, especially the feathers. Also my next drawing will feature a Velociraptor using it's killing talons, I prefer to call them by this name :), to pin down a Khaan. I used skeletals by Scott Hartman to help draw both of them.

Yutyrannus

I have finished both velociraptor vs. khaan and swimming liopleurodon drawings. Soon I should be able to post these as well as a drawing for the speculative dinosaur project :).

DinoLord

Very good drawings, interesting use of color. However, in dromaeosaurs the feathers started on the second finger (as you have done correctly) but got shorter as they went up the arm. So the feathers at the hands would be the longest and the feathers nearest the base of the arm the shortest.

Yutyrannus

Velociraptor vs. Khaan
Swimming Liopleurodon
Tylosaurus eating shark and hesperornithid chasing fish
South African Molok
I didn't know that about the feathers soo thanks for pointing it out.

[attachment msg=12547][/attachment]

Gryphoceratops

You are def going in the right direction with your work but the proportions on some of your dinos like the velociraptor are off.  I recommend getting a source with good skeletal illustrations like the Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs by Greg Paul to use for a reference.   :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: