News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

spinosaurus1 artwork

Started by spinosaurus1, November 04, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallin

Really lovely! I tend to get impatient when It come to drawing scales haha!

spinosaurus1

thank you everyone. i greatly apprecieate it. ;D

fabricious, would you mind identifying the areas that look too sharp and in-organic( other then the claws). it's something i would like work more on :)

and a little something made for fun

Arul

Oh no it will make his feet blister  :o

triceratops83

You should send your Australovenator to http://australianageofdinosaurs.com/
It's good enough to be their logo!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

spinosaurus1

an adult version of the undescribed Aussie baryonychine spinosaurid launches an assault to an unfortunate minmi

Meso-Cenozoic

I can't believe you're only 17! Your level of detail just keeps getting better and better. I think you definitely have a future in this if you'd want it.

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

A.Garcia

Wow, you've been adding quite a few illustrations to this thread and they look really good. I may actually be enjoying a few of the black & white images the most- your shading on the Therizinosaurus/Deinocheirus and especially the Teratophoneus shows off the glossy feathers quite effectively. The other prehistoric life is nice to see, too.

I (and others I'm sure) would appreciate anything further you could show or tell about how you're using the pencils and markers- the results are quite vibrant. The digital sculpting also looks promising. I still need to try it some day.

fabricious

Sure thing! The areas around the shoulders, hips and other joints are too 'flat' looking. It's these areas specifically that produce wrinkles and folds. You have folds indicated on the lateral sides of the dinosaurs but they look a bit like tubes. You should definitely take a look at large iguanas and monitor lizards, the way the skin folds on them is a really good reference. And looking at photographs of extant reptiles in general give a great idea of scales, scutes and folds. :) Good luck, I can't wait to see more drawings!

spinosaurus1

thank you for the suggestions. i'll be sure to look carefully at these intricate details on these extant taxons.

spinosaurus1

a male rhamphosuchus attempting to attract a mate

spinosaurus1

spinosaurus1

i would like to thank you all for your kind imput and support. this could definatly be a future feild for me. ^-^
don't hate because i posted an extant non avian nor avian archosaur. i did this in my sketch pad to practie using pen and ink

broad- snouted caiman

and to make up for the post above, heres a sauroniops WITH FEATHERS? :o is this a first?

Rathalosaurus

I think you ARE the first.
I would have made a bit more fuzz, but except for that these two fantastic parts of art are...well....FANTASTIC!!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

spinosaurus1

a very quick spinosaurus drawing i made out of bordem. i used various shades of red and green color pencils and promarkers to create the color pattern.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Its great to see the 'new' spino walking bipedally! Excellent work, though I see white and gold, not red and green.
Seriously, though, I have always found it difficult to use red and green together on a dinosaur and make it look natural., but you did it well.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Tyto_Theropod

I've just discovered your art, and all I can say is keep up the good work! My stuff at that age wasn't half this good - you've got real talent.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Arul

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: