You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

figures of potential interest on Yahoo Auctions Japan

Started by brettnj, November 08, 2014, 08:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digibasherx

That 4 box set is beautiful.  I didn't even know they existed outside of blind bags and ebay sellers (::)).  It's almost 1000 bucks CAD, so it's a no go for moi.

Shonisaurus

It is spectacular that set of four boxes of Kaiyodo but for 700 dollars but it is too much for my pocket.  :-\

Syndicate Bias

I feel like even after retirement some dinosaurs dont need to be raised up to hundreds of dollars

brettnj

FYI, I sell the entire series 1-7 (8 sets) including all secrets for $1200 including insured international shipping (I sold it with the Dinomodels and UHA Collect Club sets for $1400 three times). 

Also, it's been my experience that the boxes neither add nor subtract from the sets' values and they've added no interest from my many Dinotales buyers.

I've had a series 4 box set here since last year with no takers.

Brett

BrontoScorpio

I already have all 4 boxes - and they are wonderfull -
You can not compare a loose set to a boxed one -
and of course price is much higher accordingly.

brettnj

That's not been my observation, though of course I'm happy for anyone who prefers and has them and happy to help anyone get what they enjoy.

After selling Kaiyodo animal (including dino) figures for three years this go round and several more during their initial release period, literally no one has ever requested the boxed sets at all (And I've advertised them.), nor in any way shown a preference for them over loose figures.  And, and I check YAJ every day, I've never noticed them garnering any more attention nor taking more money there.

I believe many or maybe most dino figure collectors, as opposed to other toy (action/PVC figures, etc.) fans, don't view their collections as toy first, serious/science second, and (barring the more expensive resin expo figures that come individually boxed) therefore don't value packaging/graphics, etc., as much. Most seem to want their pieces displayed loose, so for them, no reason to spend more money on boxes.

I can also understand, and yes, I suppose in a certain respect ironically, sellers asking more for the individually purchased figures, as it in all likelihood cost more to compile a complete set buying that way.

BrontoScorpio

Well, I don't really understand whare you'r getting at or what's your point -
Nor do I think your selling issues are of relevance.
These are nice collectible items.
If one is a sirious collectors of DINOTALES - a special collection box is a collection item.
They are much rarer than any loos complete series.
one may want to display his figures loos, on top of having those special collection boxes on display -
by no means you should never take out the figures from the box and display them - for this you  could aquire a new loos set for much less.
Never saw the complete collection on sale - so I displayed it here.
no one is forceing anyone of anything.

brettnj

Hey Ori.

You misunderstand my intention.  Wasn't disparaging (Why would I?) the boxes nor anyone's interest in them.

As I said I'm happy for anyone to have what they like.

Brett

BrontoScorpio

Kaiyodo DINOLAND 1/20 Araki Kazunari Lot of  Triceratops, Stegosaurus , Ankylosaurus :

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/e282237571?lang=en&rc=yaucb

It is realy rare to see all three in one lot

Shonisaurus

From what I see are dinosaurs made of PVC, I'm wrong.

BrontoScorpio

No, These are made of 'Soft Vinyl' ,which, in this case, is very tough and hard.
They are also hollow, luckily - otherways each figure will weigh about 2 kg.

brettnj

Just to let everyone see, these Kaiyodo Dinolands don't turn up often.  This one's (Amargasaurus?) a beauty...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k313006015

Brett

postsaurischian

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 17, 2018, 04:29:28 PM
Kaiyodo DINOLAND 1/20 Araki Kazunari Lot of  Triceratops, Stegosaurus , Ankylosaurus :

Does anyone know if this is a pre-built and pre-painted version of the Stegosaurus?
I still haven't seen one yet.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 20, 2018, 06:53:05 PM
Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 17, 2018, 04:29:28 PM

Does anyone know if this is a pre-built and pre-painted version of the Stegosaurus?
I still haven't seen one yet.
This thought has also crossed my mind.
If Triceratops is also pre-built - that raises the odds the Stegosaurus is too.
but, I'm not sure about the Triceratops.
(since the Ankylosaurus is obviously pre-built).

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: brettnj on June 20, 2018, 01:22:21 PM
Just to let everyone see, these Kaiyodo Dinolands don't turn up often.  This one's (Amargasaurus?) a beauty...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k313006015

Brett
A Resin Shinobu Matsumura - It's a wonderful collectible.
Price is way too steep for me though, considering it's only a 24 cm high statue coloured mainly with black.

brettnj

That's why I prefaced with just for everyone to see...

I wasn't expecting any interest at that price.

Some of the very large Kaiyodo Naturetales get listed (including several (including the chameleon) by this seller now, but my buyers rarely go for them at the high prices their sellers want.

BrontoScorpio

Also I have my hesitations buying old resins with no box from Japan.

Several recent Experiences tought me this usually ends up with frustration and disappointment

( And a lot of broken pieces .... ).

BrontoScorpio

Anyway, what I realy want from Japan now is a pre-1972 whale tooth.
If someone can help me with that :

brettnj

Not sure if this is the Kaiyodo Dinoland stegosaurus being discussed above?  I can get it if anyone is interested but it is BIN so get in touch with me very quickly if so.
https://item.mercari.com/jp/m29470769117/

Thanks.
Brett

brettnj

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: