You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat Nanshiungosaurus eye misalignment

Started by laticauda, November 11, 2014, 01:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laticauda

Ok, I mentioned this on the toy blog, but I am curious.  My Nanshiungosaurus has misaligned eyes/face.  When I got mine, the other two behind it at Target had the same misalignment, and I took the one that looked the best.  Since then, when I have looked at the ones on the shelf, there eyes and face look fine.  Did anybody else get, or see these or, am I one of the few that had this problem?  Or I am just crazy  ;)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Mine's like that, too. I bought mine in early September.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

loru1588

Might be a little glitch in the molding process. I am comparing it with my archival resin and they are pretty close. Both brows are raised and the eyes are pretty much even up & down as well as front to back. Now, that said, There are 3 separate resins used to make the steel mold so as 3 individual toys are made at the same time. One of the resins may have been off also due it being a multi-part rubber mold.

docronnie

mine seems a little bit misaligned too. The right eye is a little bit lower.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

amanda

Mine is uneven as well....I chose the best one I could find, but none on the shelves I have seen so far has aligned eyes...

laticauda

Quote from: loru1588 on November 11, 2014, 02:51:11 AM
Might be a little glitch in the molding process. I am comparing it with my archival resin and they are pretty close. Both brows are raised and the eyes are pretty much even up & down as well as front to back. Now, that said, There are 3 separate resins used to make the steel mold so as 3 individual toys are made at the same time. One of the resins may have been off also due it being a multi-part rubber mold.

Thank you for the information.   :)

Roselaar

There's freaks of nature in nature itself, too. I'm not against paleo-representations of animals with a slight birth defect. :)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Roselaar on November 11, 2014, 10:24:34 PM
There's freaks of nature in nature itself, too. I'm not against paleo-representations of animals with a slight birth defect. :)
Same here, besides, it is certainly not easy to make both sides of an animals head completely symmetrical in a sculpture.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

loru1588

There are many steps to get to the final result of the toy. Anywhere down the line a small glitch can be exaggerated. No excuses by any means. But from Super Sculpy master,  to rubber mold, to resin masters, to being etched into the steel molds. From there if the molds aren't perfectly aligned.... you get the picture

DinoLord

I hadn't noticed this before; it's rather slight in my opinion. Nowhere near as bad as some of the Carnegie Collection 10th Anniversary T. rex figures out there...

loru1588

laticauda

It isn't the worst defect, it just stood out when I looked at them.  But if I think about it with a Marty Feldman face, I am going to crack up laughing everytime I look at it. 

CityRaptor

Haha.

To be fair, those who have one will probably mostly look at this fellow from the side anyways. And it only looks slightly derpy from the front.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.