News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RolandEden on February 13, 2015, 02:00:42 AM
There are differences between accurate and realistic. Collecta is accurate but some models have flaws like they doint stand very well or strange detail skin. Just like Papo cloning Jurassic Park or Schleich with very bright colours. And I have to say that any company wont make 100% accurate dinosaurs, they are making a possible view of the animal. Maybe in 10 years the Papo Apatosaurus or new Collecta Spinosaurus will be outdated. Simply my friends, enjoy the figures accurate or not. I got in Christmas Sideshow Mosasaur and it doesnt have fluked tail, but is very detailed and amazing and much better than some accurate recent models.

If it makes you feel better, Jorge said the fluke on the Mosa's tail would be buried in the base so it wouldn't show either.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 13, 2015, 02:41:44 AM
There are differences between accurate and realistic. Collecta is accurate but some models have flaws like they doint stand very well or strange detail skin. Just like Papo cloning Jurassic Park or Schleich with very bright colours. And I have to say that any company wont make 100% accurate dinosaurs, they are making a possible view of the animal. Maybe in 10 years the Papo Apatosaurus or new Collecta Spinosaurus will be outdated. Simply my friends, enjoy the figures accurate or not. I got in Christmas Sideshow Mosasaur and it doesnt have fluked tail, but is very detailed and amazing and much better than some accurate recent models.

If it makes you feel better, Jorge said the fluke on the Mosa's tail would be buried in the base so it wouldn't show either.
Watching it now, that true

Arul

Quote from: RolandEden on February 13, 2015, 10:23:34 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 13, 2015, 02:41:44 AM

Watching it now, that true

Well thats make a sense  ^-^

Centrosaur86

Concavenator

Blade-of-the-Moon

Tried fixing it, looks like your file name is invalid.

Centrosaur86

Centrosaur86

Did It! Would you like to see more photo, s? Please let me know. Its length is 54 cm. and I was rather too negative before. It could be an adult female. And the painting is not as bad as I thought.  ;)

Appalachiosaurus

Larger males than females were the exception not the norm, so the papo could be a male while the WS could be a female.

tanystropheus

It looks like it is a good size, but, in retrospect, that Triceratops is gargantuan!

Arul

Wow the apato. I dont have brachio but i have styraco, well its still too big for me  :D

sauroid

the Papo Apatosaurus can be perceived as a subadult or half grown female or a male to the "female" WS Apato.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

dragon53

Dinosaurs that were known for being big should be represented by big models.

The Papo Apatosaurus should have been an adult.

Centrosaur86

Centrosaur86

Centrosaur86

Centrosaur86

Centrosaur86

Centrosaur86

Centrosaur86

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: