News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fixing Carnegie Tyrannosaurus.

Started by Jetoar, December 31, 2014, 05:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Hello friends, two weeks ago, i bought a Carnegie Tyrannosaurus. It had a lot of scuffs and it missed the talons, one arm and part of its tail.

So I decided to fix it and I did the missed parts with green stuff.

And this is the final result  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

You should go ahead and resculpt the teeth while your at it. Looks like they got a "globular" in this casting.

Jetoar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 31, 2014, 05:13:50 PM
You should go ahead and resculpt the teeth while your at it. Looks like they got a "globular" in this casting.

Thanks friend  ^-^, teeth are curious, because they dont have playware. I supose that they are a mistake of production. i have another T-Rex (Dark Version) and it is more shaptoothed than this  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Dinomike

Looking good! What is the 'green stuff' you use if I may ask?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jetoar on December 31, 2014, 05:22:39 PM

Thanks friend  ^-^, teeth are curious, because they dont have playware. I supose that they are a mistake of production. i have another T-Rex (Dark Version) and it is more shaptoothed than this  ^-^.

Exactly, it is certainly a casting issue. The first ones had nicer sharp teeth but I suppose the mold is wearing thin now.

Jetoar

Quote from: Dinomike on December 31, 2014, 05:39:55 PM
Looking good! What is the 'green stuff' you use if I may ask?

It is

http://totalwargamer.co.uk/images/detailed/5/army-painter-greenstuff.jpg

It is used to do miniatures or other little things  ^-^.

Jetoar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 31, 2014, 05:45:57 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on December 31, 2014, 05:22:39 PM

Exactly, it is certainly a casting issue. The first ones had nicer sharp teeth but I suppose the mold is wearing thin now.

I think the same that you friend  ^-^.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.