News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jeremy K9's Paleo Photography

Started by Jeremy K9, April 17, 2012, 10:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy K9

I will be posting all pictures of my Dinosaur related statues/figures here. Since I'm no good at creating things, I'll post pics I've taken of other people's creations.

Starting off, we have my dueling Trciceratops diorama. This diorama was modified, built, and painted by Martin Garratt. The two Triceratops used, are kits created by Shane Foulkes. I asked Martin to create a diorama, featuring these two Triceratops in a display of dominance. He pulled it off perfectly, and created one doozy of a diorama.  ^-^ The younger of the two has actually lifted the elder Trike off of his front feet, but only for a moment.  I wanted the younger Triceratops to be very overzealous, and the elder to look very tired from this confrontation.

Enjoy the pics.  :)

Krissy

That's just all-round fantastic. And such a great colour scheme for Triceratops too.

radman

Beautiful work by Shane and Martin, congrats on a terrific piece!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..VERY jealous Jeremy ! Really sweet piece.

As always my favorites are the last few that really make it look like the piece fits in with the surrounding background and you can't tell the scale. ;D 

It was pretty overcast today off and on..maybe you can try some more when we have more sunlight. ;)

Jeremy K9

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 18, 2012, 12:44:55 AM

As always my favorites are the last few that really make it look like the piece fits in with the surrounding background and you can't tell the scale. ;D 

It was pretty overcast today off and on..maybe you can try some more when we have more sunlight. ;)

Not a chance I'd take this diorama outside again. lol   It took everything in me, just to get enough courage to take it out once. At first I thought I'd be tempting fate, seeing as how everything arrived in such perfect condition. Then I thought to myself, it'd be doing this diorama an injustice if I didn't photograph it outside.  ;)

Btw thanks for the compliment on those last few pics. I tried my best to get as many "lifesize" shots as possible. They are my favorite kind to shoot. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jeremy K9 on April 18, 2012, 01:34:09 AM

Not a chance I'd take this diorama outside again. lol   It took everything in me, just to get enough courage to take it out once. At first I thought I'd be tempting fate, seeing as how everything arrived in such perfect condition. Then I thought to myself, it'd be doing this diorama an injustice if I didn't photograph it outside.  ;)

Btw thanks for the compliment on those last few pics. I tried my best to get as many "lifesize" shots as possible. They are my favorite kind to shoot. ;)

Heh heh.. I understand bud. ;D

Are they removable or attached to the base ?  If they are removable you could photograph them minus the base..which I guess is pretty heavy and awkward to move around anyway right ?

Jeremy K9

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 18, 2012, 01:55:40 AM

Are they removable or attached to the base ?  If they are removable you could photograph them minus the base..which I guess is pretty heavy and awkward to move around anyway right ?

They can both be removed from the base. The elder Trike is actually on a foot peg, so that he can have his front feet in the air. The younger Trike supports him at the front. Seeing as how there would be some paint coming off if I were to try and move them again, I'd prefer to leave them where they are. ;)

I actually had to apply a little bit of paint to the elder Trike's un-broken horn. Martin mixed a little vial of paint to send with the diorama, in case any paint were to come off at the horns. I can actually say that I've painted a resin kit now. Even if it was only a tiny bit.  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jeremy K9 on April 18, 2012, 03:45:29 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 18, 2012, 01:55:40 AM

They can both be removed from the base. The elder Trike is actually on a foot peg, so that he can have his front feet in the air. The younger Trike supports him at the front. Seeing as how there would be some paint coming off if I were to try and move them again, I'd prefer to leave them where they are. ;)

I actually had to apply a little bit of paint to the elder Trike's un-broken horn. Martin mixed a little vial of paint to send with the diorama, in case any paint were to come off at the horns. I can actually say that I've painted a resin kit now. Even if it was only a tiny bit.  ;D

I get ya bud..they aren't toys after all. ;)

That was cool of him..nice fore-thought as well.

0onarcissisto0

Freaaaking gorgeous!!!! I need that Triceratops!!! I'm glad you posted these pictures. I saw this in another thread but for some reason the colors didn't look as good. But heck, this is amazing!!!!
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Dan

Just gorgeous!

Jeremy cleverly noted that my Triceratops could be a female, and his fighting pair are looking to win her over. Sadly, this was their only known meeting, in Martin's workshop.

Arioch

Wow, loving the female colors. Simple yet very striking scheme.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice looking girl you have their Dan ! ;D

Yeah I definitely to pick up one of these Trike's eventually. ;)

martin garratt

Beautiful photos Jeremy; far, far better than I could ever take of them.
I'm real glad they arrived in good condition - it was a nerve-wracking wait!!

M&M

Jeremy K9

Here is a pic of my new paleoart(Carnotaurus pair with Sauropods in the background) titled "Brothers in Blood II". Since I was already pinning this on my wall, I finally decided to put up my other pieces by Damir Martin and Fabio Pastori. Picture frames are just way too expensive, especially ones big enough to fit these monsters. ;D

The three large pieces are by Damir, and the smaller three are by Fabio.

Btw, sorry for the crappy quality of this picture. I used my GoPRo2 to get a nice wide view of everything, but the camera doesn't exactly excel in-doors.  :-\

If you'd like to see better detailed images of these pieces, just go to either artists website. Your sure to find even more amazing paleoart. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome collection Jeremy. I bet you winced with each pin you put in though.. ouch.

Have you tried frames from Walmart ?  That's where  I get most of mine..and the cost isn't real bad.

Jeremy K9

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2012, 06:21:06 AM
Awesome collection Jeremy. I bet you winced with each pin you put in though.. ouch.

Have you tried frames from Walmart ?  That's where  I get most of mine..and the cost isn't real bad.

Nah, it wasn't too bad. Believe me, I tried Wal-Mart, and they don't even have frames to fit the Pastori pieces. None of these pieces match up to the traditional dimensions that most people use for pictures. Most online websites I went to would've had me paying over $100 just for a frame.  ???  No thanks.  :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jeremy K9 on April 25, 2012, 01:56:48 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2012, 06:21:06 AM

Nah, it wasn't too bad. Believe me, I tried Wal-Mart, and they don't even have frames to fit the Pastori pieces. None of these pieces match up to the traditional dimensions that most people use for pictures. Most online websites I went to would've had me paying over $100 just for a frame.  ???  No thanks.  :P

Ouch, no way a frame should cost more than the art it holds.  Just go with a slightly larger frame and matte them. I have done that a few times when a piece wouldn't fit perfectly just by laying in black poster board behind it. I've also bought large poster frames and stuck in 2-3 smaller pics with a black poster board background. Found some good deals on poster frames from walmart.com , like 3 for the price of 2 and such.

Jeremy K9

I thought since I started this thread for my personal paleo pics, I'll just post my Wonderfest pics in here as well. I won't post anything until I get home later tonight, but i thought I'd give everyone something to look forward to.  ;D

I've had a great time so far, talking with Shane Foulkes, David Silva, and Martin Garratt. Shane and David have awesome, drool worthy displays again for this year's Wonderfest. I won't go into too much detail yet, but let's just say their tables were even better than last years. Shane even had a few "in-progress" pieces, which I'm sure everyone will be clamoring for. David's Dragolina made her first Wonderfest appearance, in two different forms no less. He has hit a home run with this lovely lady, and she is definitely on my list of must buys. ;D

Well, it's about time for my second day at WF, and I'll try and snap some more pics for everyone, at least until I've got no memory left.  ;D

Take care everyone.  ^-^

Joel

Quote from: Jeremy K9 on May 27, 2012, 02:45:52 PM
I thought since I started this thread for my personal paleo pics, I'll just post my Wonderfest pics in here as well. I won't post anything until I get home later tonight, but i thought I'd give everyone something to look forward to.  ;D

I've had a great time so far, talking with Shane Foulkes, David Silva, and Martin Garratt. Shane and David have awesome, drool worthy displays again for this year's Wonderfest. I won't go into too much detail yet, but let's just say their tables were even better than last years. Shane even had a few "in-progress" pieces, which I'm sure everyone will be clamoring for. David's Dragolina made her first Wonderfest appearance, in two different forms no less. He has hit a home run with this lovely lady, and she is definitely on my list of must buys. ;D

Well, it's about time for my second day at WF, and I'll try and snap some more pics for everyone, at least until I've got no memory left.  ;D

Take care everyone.  ^-^

SWEET!!!  ;D Please be sure to get all of Shane's "in -progress" pieces; I can't wait to see what they look like! I'm drooling for that Chasmosaurus to arrive (I pre-ordered a few weeks ago), so this is why I can't wait for Wonder Fest to be over! Soon! :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sounds like you had fun once again bud ! ;D

Can't wait to see pics and safe drive home !

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: