News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jeremy K9's Paleo Photography

Started by Jeremy K9, April 17, 2012, 10:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy K9

Sorry for being so late in posting these. I was way too tired last night, and I've been re-sizing pics this morning. I'll post pics as I get them re-sized and posted onto photo bucket. ;D

I will first post pics of Black Heart Enterprises Tyrannosaurus Rex 1/6 bust, based off of computer scans of the skull of Stan the T-rex.

This is the only item, besides an awesome Creative-Beast Dimetrodon t-shirt, that I bought at Wonderfest. There were many other tempting things to be bought, but I only had so much coin on me.  :(

Here is a pic of the leaflet that came with the bust, telling of everything that went into creating this beautiful piece.

The display bust was built and painted by Steve Riojas. :)

Next, we have all of the model contest entries that deal with prehistoric creatures. This year had some amazing entries, including more buildups of Shane Foulkes's Giganotosaurus.  :D

My personal favorite of the bunch. I've haven't seen this type of pattern used very often. I think the red eyes go great with the colors chosen.

Next up will be Shane and David's tables. ;)

Joel

HOLY MOLY!! Those look great! I especially love Stan's bust!

Does that come in a kit form, or finished? And about how much would it retail for?

I can't wait to see Shane's table, and his new pieces!

Blade-of-the-Moon

My thoughts exactly..I might need to get one of those Stan busts myself..;D

I didn't see it on their site..what's the retail price and length in inches ?

Jeremy K9

I'm working on getting the rest of the pics finished for you guys to look at.

I bought the Stan bust at WF for $195. I'm not sure what the retail price will be.

It comes in kit form. It's only three pieces- the top jaw, bottom jaw, and the tongue.

I'm having Martin build mine up.  8)  If I knew he could fit the box into his luggage, I'd have asked him to take it back home.  :))

Jeremy K9

Here are the remainder of the pics.

We will start with David's setup. He had a few new pieces at his table this year, all of which I have put on my must buy list. ;)

We shall start off with the lovely, yet deadly  Dragolina.  ;D

Two versions were on display, the armored and not so armored Dragolina. ;)

Next we have David's new Sauropelta. I took these pics as David was still setting up, and a happy coincidence occurred. Instead of the Sauropelta taking on one Acro, it now had two to contend with two.  :o

If you look behind the adult Sauropelta, you'll notice an infant. Looks like we know why this Sauropelta is being so defensive.  ;D

Acro with awesome banner behind it.

Next we have the Dimetrodon. David had two on display, one featuring the new open jaw that future kits will ship with. The open jaw adds a lot more variety to how you can build these guys up. I'd have to say David's Dimetrodon was one of my favorite pieces at WF.  :)

Lastly we have some oldies, but goodies that I still need to pick up. Well, none of these pieces are actually "old" but I think everyone gets what I mean.  ;D

Here we have David's Saichania, built and painted by Matt Holt. David actually had this piece for sale, but unfortunately I didn't have the cash for it. I think this is one of the most detailed paint apps I've seen on this piece. It's very nice.  :)

That's it for David Silva's table. I urge everyone to check out David's website creative-beast.com, where you will find more detailed pics of his kits in finished form.  ;)

Joel

Very cool. I hope Shane's display will be next? :))

Jeremy K9

Now on to the table that was littered with pieces by paleoartist Shane Foulkes. Shane did mention it might be time to reserve two tables for Wonderfest, and I agree. There was Dino goodness covering the entire table. It was a real feast for the eyes.   :o

Here are the pics of the aforementioned treasure trove, starting with some in-progress works.

Here is the Iguanadon figure by Bullyland. Shane did a re-paint on  the figure and had it for sale at WF.

Here we have the  three new pieces to Wonderfest.

Last year Shane built up his 1/15 Apatosaurus for me, and asked to display it for WF. I happily agreed, as I would be able to pick it up and take it home  after WF was over. This year Shane built and painted another of his 1/15 Apatosaurus kits, to be his own to display at WF. He built and painted this piece in TWO DAYS. I can't imagine how hard he worked to get this piece completed in that time, but I do know that it looks fantastic.

Here's Mr. Apatosaurus with his friends Mr. Giganotosaurus, and Mr. T-rex.

Shane also had a few more pieces, sporting new paint jobs. Here they are.  ;)

That's it for Shane's table. I enjoyed drooling over his kits for a second year, and I can only believe next year will be even better.

One other piece that I would like to post pics of, is a 4ft L x 2ft H Woolly Mammoth kit. The kit was created by Bill Weiger and built up by Steve Riojas. Steve built and painted this piece for friend Hiroto Tsubouchi. I believe it was Hiroto's table that the piece was displayed on. You can see outdoor pics that Steve took, on his blog here http://swriojas.blogspot.com/search/label/Paleo%20Art

I hope everyone has enjoyed viewing the pics I took at Wonderfest, even if they aren't the most flattering. These are mainly to show everyone what the great paleoartists are offering at WF.  ;)

Sharptooth

Instead of commenting on every single pic i'll just say...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW  O_O

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Joel

Yes! They're so awesome! Hopefully now Shane can send the Styracosaurus and Chasmosaurus I ordered just before Wonderfest. It looks like I'm going to be ordering that Sauropelta before the year is out, and defiantly the Quetzalcoatlus as soon as its available. Thanks again Jeremy for all of the pictures!

DeadToothCrackKnuckle

Who painted the Sauropelta, Chasmosaurus, and Torvosaurus? They're stunning!

©Julius T. Csotonyi

Himmapaan

I'm at an utter loss for words...

Thank you so much for these pictures, Jeremy.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 29, 2012, 04:19:42 AM
I'm at an utter loss for words...

Thank you so much for these pictures, Jeremy.

Same here! I wish I was a collector with LOTS of $$$$ so I can afford some of these treasures!  >:D

Dyscrasia

Thank you for sharing those awesome photos!

I would love to own every one of them one day...  :'(

Jeremy K9

Quote from: DeadToothCrackKnuckle on May 29, 2012, 04:16:34 AM
Who painted the Sauropelta, Chasmosaurus, and Torvosaurus? They're stunning!

I can't remember who painted each one, but I know Shane painted quite a few of them. Joe Nejberger (Crazy Joe) painted one or two of them. I believe he painted the Torosaurus and infant that were on display.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the pics. I'm glad I could help bring a little bit of Wonderfest to everyone who couldn't attend.  ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Quetz is looking really cool. I had wondered about the pose on it.  It make a killer dio to have two of them..one flying and one perched. ;D

The paint jobs on the Torvo, Toro and Trike are really nice and detailed. Having the Allosaurus now I'm really surprised at how big the last two look compared to it. Quite awesome !

Did you happen to get a shot that showed the entire table ? :)

I found a pic from WF :

Who on earth made that GIANT sauropod ?  The Spino looks like a Prehistoric Scenes Rex body with new pieces..probably the company that makes that kind of stuff..forget their name though. 

Dan

Ugh, now I want to attend more than ever. Jaw-dropping photos, Jeremy.

Jeremy K9

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 29, 2012, 05:44:02 PM
The Quetz is looking really cool. I had wondered about the pose on it.  It make a killer dio to have two of them..one flying and one perched. ;D

The paint jobs on the Torvo, Toro and Trike are really nice and detailed. Having the Allosaurus now I'm really surprised at how big the last two look compared to it. Quite awesome !

I found a pic from WF :

Who on earth made that GIANT sauropod ?  The Spino looks like a Prehistoric Scenes Rex body with new pieces..probably the company that makes that kind of stuff..forget their name though.

Sorry Chris, I didn't happen to get a shot of the entire table. :(

I believe that sauropod was made by a company called Prehistoric Scenes, but don't quote me on that. I actually stopped and spoke with the man at the table, but I payed no attention to the name of the company.  :-[     I was more interested in the Hadrosaur busts that I've had on my want list since I saw them last year. ;D

Jeremy K9

Quote from: Dan on May 29, 2012, 08:37:54 PM
Ugh, now I want to attend more than ever. Jaw-dropping photos, Jeremy.

You should definitely come next year. It'd be great if you could even have your own table set up, offering some things you sell from your store. Maybe the smaller stuff you have on-hand. There are plenty of booths that specifically sell toys. I know one booth seemed to be selling nothing but Star Wars figures.

I did miss seeing Mike from Prehistoric Times this year. I had hoped to pick up some more back issues. I know you can do that through their online store, but I enjoy looking through what he has at his table, and picking the ones that interest me. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jeremy K9 on May 30, 2012, 12:34:32 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 29, 2012, 05:44:02 PM

I found a pic from WF :

Sorry Chris, I didn't happen to get a shot of the entire table. :(

I believe that sauropod was made by a company called Prehistoric Scenes, but don't quote me on that. I actually stopped and spoke with the man at the table, but I payed no attention to the name of the company.  :-[     I was more interested in the Hadrosaur busts that I've had on my want list since I saw them last year. ;D

It makes me think of the Aurora pieces..at least the Spino does. I checked out Alchemy Work's site and they had the Spino parts for converting the Rex..but no mention of this big sauropod. 

Which Hadrosaur busts ?

Jeremy K9

These are the Hadrosaur busts I was referring to. They can all be fit onto a body, but I don't really care for it. The heads are the only pieces I want. I'd like to have some sort of display made for the whole set.  8)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: