News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Newly Tested Bones Suggest We Once Coexisted With Dinosaurs

Started by sauroid, January 13, 2015, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

But we still do!

That being said, Carbon Dating only works up to a certain age and all results published by groups that include creationists are clearly biased towards their claims.
Same site also calls Spinosaurus an "Ancient Loch Ness Monster"...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Belgasaure

I eat dinosaure from time to time. I especially like it roasted with apples and served with fries (but belgian fries, not french). I also eat dinosaur's eggs. Wait, the farmer tells me he call it a chicken...

Assuming the age of a fossil on just one datation technique is bad science, especially when using one which isn't reliable for very old material. What about the age of the rocks where they found the tested material...
As always creationist comes with very poor arguments.

Brontozaurus

Well this is just about the worst written pop science article I've ever read.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Paleogene Pals

Carbon dating is only reliable up to 50,000 years. Non-avian dinos became extinct 65 millions years ago. I have seen personally seen no evidence of humans in any of the hundreds of fossil and geological sites that I have visited in my career.

Humans and dinos still co-exist. We do live with birds.

I have seen too much geology to believe in a young earth.

'nuf said

Paleogene Pals

triceratops83

Well that...that settles it then. The Creationists were right. Yup.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Paleogene Pals

triceratops83

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on January 14, 2015, 02:06:02 AM
I guess we didn't land on the Moon either.

Of course not. It was just phony footage to cover up the fact that Theropod Cosmonauts beat us there in the sixties.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Paleogene Pals

And, we would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky meddling Theropod Cosmonauts!

triceratops83

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on January 14, 2015, 03:45:48 AM
And, we would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky meddling Theropod Cosmonauts!

"Look out, Scoob - Theropod Cosmonauts!"
"Rugh-Rogh, Rehrorod Robronaur!"

CityRaptor

It's all a conspiracy by the Reptilians....to sell toys.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Paleogene Pals

triceratops83

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on January 14, 2015, 01:14:48 PM
And Gorn is the mastermind.

So, the fate of dinosaur toys is to be settled at Vasquez Rocks. Let's build a cannon out of wood and rocks.

Saurian

Post deleted because attacks directed at people or groups are against the rules.  Admin C:-)
Soory,my English is poor

stargatedalek

I don't have anything directly against creationism as a concept, but "young earth" creationism I must admit does raise red flags for me at times.

thelordsgym

Well I'm not gonna get into this discussion....but I have dozens of reasons why I believe in God and a young Earth. Hating because of that is quite childish.

Saurian

but it can not be that the age of the planet 6000 years .. it's a lie .. My English is too poor to discuss it here, but the "young Earth" is absurd O:-)
Soory,my English is poor

Manatee

Oh, creationism. Seriously, let's not turn this topic into a religious debate.
On topic: oh, creationism. Seriously, who lets them date dinosaur bones?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Guess someone just heard about Purgatorius... ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: