News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Presumbly the 2016 line will be called Jurassic World: Hybrids.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

terrorchicken

Quotereleased the Stegosaurus and the Carnotaurus

they made new version of these? anyone got a pic/link?

I didnt like the pachy but the allo was pretty cool...

found the pic... if they ever release it in the "demon" colors I may just buy it, dammit!

Doug Watson

Attention Canadians! I just paid a visit to my local Walmart here in Ottawa and the 15 dino bag of mini figures has finally made it to the shelves up here. That is the bag that includes the exclusive Indominus rex that doesn't come in the individual blind bags or the tubes. Edit: Iforgot to mention it sells for $19.98 or something like that, I meant to post this after lunch when it was still fresh in my mind, anyway it is $19 CAD and change.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

stargatedalek

Quote from: raptor64870 on October 03, 2015, 05:19:35 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8666/15944662150_b2331d1c11_b.jpg
look at what i found on the internet!
i dont think it is jw thoungh...
Those are JP2k9 and JP2k13 respectively, repackaged with a JW logo.

The dinosaurs in front are Safari ltd.

Doug Watson

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 03, 2015, 10:17:44 PM
Those are JP2k9 and JP2k13 respectively, repackaged with a JW logo.

The dinosaurs in front are Safari ltd.

Did you notice my post about the 15 dino bags finally making it to Walmart up here, I know you were hoping for them earlier, or did you finally get them in the States like me?

stargatedalek

Yes thanks for the heads up, I grabbed a bag in the States a few months ago.

Dinomike

So does this mean they're having a second release of the Showdown models under the JW franchise? That'd be really cool as it might bring the prices down on those critters!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

CityRaptor

That would be nice. But chances are those are just the props used in the movie.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

It would be smart of Hasbro to re-release those toys and honestly, why wouldn't they? They have them, they were only on the shelves for a short time and they're great toys. If I see them on the shelves, I'll buy them. Can't say that about the rest of the JW line.

I doubt those are props. The packaging looks legit and even though Hasbro has the JP license there were no Hasbro toys on screen. There were models, but they were made specifically for the movie I believe. There is also a Safari toob in the picture, which is certainly not a movie prop.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on October 05, 2015, 01:41:36 AM
It would be smart of Hasbro to re-release those toys and honestly, why wouldn't they? They have them, they were only on the shelves for a short time and they're great toys. If I see them on the shelves, I'll buy them. Can't say that about the rest of the JW line.

I doubt those are props. The packaging looks legit and even though Hasbro has the JP license there were no Hasbro toys on screen. There were models, but they were made specifically for the movie I believe. There is also a Safari toob in the picture, which is certainly not a movie prop.

I remember a set visit from a while back and those figures were in fact in the gift shop. I'll have to find a picture.

EDIT: Here it is:
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Gwangi

Maybe it is too good to be true then. You would think if they went to that much trouble they would just release the actual toy. That said, Hasbro has done a terrible job with this line so I don't expect them to make any smart choices.

Check out that gnarly feathered Velociraptor on the wall in the far left! Makes me happy JW didn't feather theirs after all!

Kovu

Quote from: Gwangi on October 05, 2015, 03:27:12 AM
Check out that gnarly feathered Velociraptor on the wall in the far left! Makes me happy JW didn't feather theirs after all!

Blessing in disguise? Lol

I never got a chance to pick up the pachyrhinosaurus when it was first released, so I wouldn't be opposed to having the chance to get it a second time around...

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Gwangi on October 05, 2015, 01:41:36 AM

Those were just movie props. This has been confirmed by people who were on the set. They took JP 2009 toys and used stickers to cover the old logos. I still see this line at my local TRU Express, so probably not wise for them to do a re-release.

Sim

Quote from: Gwangi on October 05, 2015, 03:27:12 AM

I've seen that "Velociraptor" and Giganotosaurus before, as they appear on the first page of Google image results for those animals.  And you can buy them...

That "Velociraptor" is one of the worst dromaeosaurid representations I've ever seen.  I hate this abomination even more than those JP3 toys that look like some sort of hideous dromaeosaurid+Dilophosaurus hybrids - the ones with this sculpt: http://dinotoyblog.com/2015/03/19/velociraptor-alpha-jurassic-park-dinosaurs-by-hasbro/  That looks like the Natural History Museum, London's logo in the images of those dinosaur restorations.  If the NHM is responsible for these restorations that's just disgraceful and saddening.

I also don't expect Hasbro to make any smart choices due to their terrible track record with the JP franchise.  It's a mystery why they never released that Carnotaurus and Stegosaurus along with their Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus.  They were so much better than anything from their JP3 and JW lines!

Tyrannosauron

Some new info regarding the Blu-ray gift set:

I've been hunting around for pictures of actual production pieces of the gift set statues and came across this unboxing video. While I have no idea what the fellow in the video is saying, I'm really happy to see that the T. rex and I. rex are just as stunning as the promotional pictures. I found the movie itself to be disappointing for a number of reasons, but after seeing these pictures I'm excited to get the gift set. More display pieces for the office!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0U0yTSc5Ww

EmperorDinobot

I'm too lazy to check back messages, but if y'all enjoyed the 2011 Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus, a petition is being circulated to re-release these two molds, and to release the Carnotaurus and Stegosaurus mold.

While I doubt this petition will do anything, it's better to try than not to try.

Here is the petition: https://www.change.org/p/hasbro-hasbro-to-release-the-unreleased-2011-jurassic-park-figures-that-fans-always-wanted

THIS IS SRS BSNS.

suspsy

Given the runaway box office revenues of JW, one would think that Hasbro would be eager to capitalize on that success by producing more toys. I don't know what the status is of all the Kenner moulds, but at the very least, Hasbro could rerelease the JP3 toys in new colour schemes. You know, just like they'd been doing for years previously.

One would think. :p
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SpartanSquat

Thats right suspsy! I think Hasbro made that toys thinking the movie wont be a sucess, well we have another Jurassic Park movie, let make fast toys. Or release good quality toys.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: