News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

Great video Victoria B! I have to disagree with the Allosaurus making the finals - it just doesn't look like an Allosaurus, the head looks like that of a Cryolophosaurus or somethig. That's IMHO. All the other's mentioned are pretty solid figures though. I really liked your use of Hammond clips :D
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Doug Watson

I was in our Walmart yesterday so I swung by the JW display and despite what the Hasbro rep told me the 15 Dino Bags haven't made it to my neck of the woods in Canada yet. Has anyone seen these in Canada yet? Let me know and I'll pass it on to Hasbro if they haven't. I am glad I got mine when I was in the US. I did see some new items however. They had a battle damaged large Ceratosaurus and Allosaurus that weren't there before.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinomike on August 05, 2015, 10:11:34 AM
Great video Victoria B! I have to disagree with the Allosaurus making the finals - it just doesn't look like an Allosaurus, the head looks like that of a Cryolophosaurus or somethig. That's IMHO. All the other's mentioned are pretty solid figures though. I really liked your use of Hammond clips :D

Yeah the Allo has a interesting movement, but as much as I love Allosaurus ( it's our Park mascot) I haven't bought it.  My main reason is it's pretty obvious to me the sculptor based it off the Papo Allosaurus. So if I wanted that Allosaur I'd buy a Papo one..which I did.  Compared to the previous two Allosaurus pieces in the JP line it's really poor too. :/

The Hammond bit was hilarious!

terrorchicken

finally saw the mosasaur and ceratosaurus at my local Target. These arent bad figures at all, the Mosa is pretty cool!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I did pick up the Mosa as the last JW figure I'm getting out the current waves.  I'm leaving it n the box as well, the swimming motion it has looks good while the box is holding it up. 

joossa

Weird..... My Target had a sale on all the JW items a while ago. I went back this previous weekend and they had a fresh stock of the Mosasaurus and a bunch of the old items, but nothing was on sale anymore.

Has anyone seen the Stomp and Strike Rex at their local stores yet?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Dinomike on August 05, 2015, 10:11:34 AM

You're right. It doesn't really look like an Allosaurus. In addition to aesthetics, I had to consider other variables as well. I don't think it's the best by any means, but it deserved at least an honorable mention.

Quote from: joossa on August 05, 2015, 08:02:09 PM

Not on shelf, no. But I got one a few weeks ago using the old DCPI trick. I'd assume you can too, though it's easier to just pick something off the shelf of course.

joossa

^Thanks. I'm not interested in buying, just seeing it in person.

The more I think about it, the more I don't understand Hasbro's marketing strategy in releasing the toys in (what I think) are very poorly timed waves. First, I remember the initial toys were available a good amount of time before the movie was released and now, these additional waves and product stock are coming out well after the peak of the movie's popularity. I would understand if another large wave would be released around Christmas/Holiday time to take advantage of that, but to hold off on releasing new products or stock a month or two after the move was released, especially knowing the quality of the product was so crappy and that consumers would notice that, doesn't make sense to me.
If anything the S&S Rex and Mosasaurus should have been key items released from the get-go instead of this:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shadowknight1

Hasbro makes no sense at all.  I was at Walmart yesterday and the Star Wars section was reduced to a tiny bit of nothing.  STAR WARS.  What the heck.  And Jurassic World barely had anything, and its the third highest grossing movie of all time.  There's something that makes no sense about that.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Jetoar

I live in Spain and here th ewave two of products doesnt arrive yet  :(.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Victoria's Cantina

I think Hasbro has treated this line with something I call "Marvel syndrome." That is, Hasbro thought the film would be a moderately successful blockbuster and they treated the toy line as a one-off thing that they could cash in with and then move onto the next thing. With Marvel bringing out 2-3 films a year, Hasbro is constantly making a toy line for each film. But, the key is that they can't hit too hard otherwise product won't sell thru before the next film. I really think that's what happened here, but the success of the film (and the demand for the toys) caught them off-balance, and now they're really struggling to make up for it. I get the feeling that if they knew how big of a film it would be, they would have invested more time, money, and care into the line. If nothing else, hopefully it'll be a lesson for them for the next JW film.

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on August 06, 2015, 01:42:51 AM
Hasbro makes no sense at all.  I was at Walmart yesterday and the Star Wars section was reduced to a tiny bit of nothing.  STAR WARS.  What the heck.  And Jurassic World barely had anything, and its the third highest grossing movie of all time.  There's something that makes no sense about that.

I wouldn't worry about Star Wars: after September 5 it'll be all that you can find in any given toy section. The current lack of product is just a reflection of how Hasbro has redirected development in the last year to The Force Awakens stuff that isn't allowed out until next month.

As for Jurassic World, I think its popularity caught everyone by surprise. Box office forecasts had it coming in behind Age of Ultron. Hasbro's kept stores very well supplied with AoU merchandise; I think they just bet on the wrong movie. (As for why they couldn't be bothered to put sickle claws on their Velociraptor toys, well, search me because I have no clue.)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: joossa on August 05, 2015, 08:02:09 PM
Weird..... My Target had a sale on all the JW items a while ago. I went back this previous weekend and they had a fresh stock of the Mosasaurus and a bunch of the old items, but nothing was on sale anymore.

Target today had three of them, I bought one from the back 2 weeks ago, so they must have received 4.

Meso-Cenozoic

When I was picking up my new Battat T. rex and Acro reissues at my Target tonight, which is in the NYC Metro area, they had a pretty good stock of I think a lot of the JW toys. I don't collect these, so I'm not sure exactly what was missing, but there was quite a diverse selection left, both on an end-cap and in an aisle. I did get to see and hold the Mosasaurus. He's cool enough, but still too much of a "toy" for what I like to collect. They also had a large remote control I-rex. Have you guys mentioned anything about him yet? He's about the same size as the largest I-rex toy they had there. He has "balls" sculpted to the bottom of his feet that I'm guessing he roles around on. Haha! Kinda odd looking. ???

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 07, 2015, 07:53:05 AM
When I was picking up my new Battat T. rex and Acro reissues at my Target tonight, which is in the NYC Metro area, they had a pretty good stock of I think a lot of the JW toys. I don't collect these, so I'm not sure exactly what was missing, but there was quite a diverse selection left, both on an end-cap and in an aisle. I did get to see and hold the Mosasaurus. He's cool enough, but still too much of a "toy" for what I like to collect. They also had a large remote control I-rex. Have you guys mentioned anything about him yet? He's about the same size as the largest I-rex toy they had there. He has "balls" sculpted to the bottom of his feet that I'm guessing he roles around on. Haha! Kinda odd looking. ???

Yeah the I-Rex Zoomer. It also had some odd sensor placements on it's nose that make it look like an arachnid.. lol

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2015, 08:23:09 AM

Yeah the I-Rex Zoomer. It also had some odd sensor placements on it's nose that make it look like an arachnid.. lol

Yes, that's it! The "Zoomer"! And yeah it did have some odd looking round metal sensors on the end of his snout, I think like about three. He also looked a bit different than any of the other I-rexes, which looked closer to the movie I-rex. This guy just looked a little off all-round. Although, I'd still like to see him move. LOL!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on August 07, 2015, 08:36:09 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2015, 08:23:09 AM

Yes, that's it! The "Zoomer"! And yeah it did have some odd looking round metal sensors on the end of his snout, I think like about three. He also looked a bit different than any of the other I-rexes, which looked closer to the movie I-rex. This guy just looked a little off all-round. Although, I'd still like to see him move. LOL!

If I actually had time to sit and play with an interactive toy I might be interested.  As it is I bet you'll see these on a secondary market pretty cheap next year.

joossa

Went to Toys R Us and Target today and found they had put out new stuff on the shelves. I finally got to see the S&S T-Rex in person. Did not walk away with anything from the JW line.

Toys R Us:

Target:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Jetoar

I think that wave two wont arrive  Spain  :-\.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dinomike

Quote from: Jetoar on August 06, 2015, 01:50:08 AM
I live in Spain and here th ewave two of products doesnt arrive yet  :(.
Same here - The few JW Bashers and biters they have in stores are now on sale. None of the big figures made it here.   :(
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: