You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Requests for Papo 2016: Step 3 Ceratosaurus

Started by anchry6, January 18, 2015, 02:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchry6

Please, you have to be more precise and long in describing the dinosaur.

:D

Dinosaurana

Well, this is what I'd like to see from a Papo Ceratosaurus

- Correctly positioned hands
- The dermal armor present, perhaps made spiky in speculative design.
- The correct size, not the juvenile size that tends to plague the species
- A flat horn like the species had, and not a round one that I fear could come from it

And I have some colorations that could be used.

An older coloration, but a good one.

A really vibrant coloration, which would be nice to see. This is my least expected however.

A less vibrant but more likely one for a model.

If a Jurassic Park coloration is needed, or something close, this would work wonderfully.

anchry6

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Dino Master on January 26, 2015, 03:21:35 PM
Well, this is what I'd like to see from a Papo Ceratosaurus

- Correctly positioned hands
- The dermal armor present, perhaps made spiky in speculative design.
- The correct size, not the juvenile size that tends to plague the species
- A flat horn like the species had, and not a round one that I fear could come from it

No worries, REBOR Ceratosaurus has all these elements, and even better, much better  ;)

CityRaptor

Given that the Papo Ceratosaurus does not even exist at this point and you have to reveal yours, I can only say: We will see!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 31, 2015, 11:53:51 AM
Given that the Papo Ceratosaurus does not even exist at this point and you have to reveal yours, I can only say: We will see!

Just wondering if this has ever happened before that Papo actually made a dinosaur according to fans requests ?

sauroid

the only thing i can say at the moment: i hope Papo and Rebor's Ceratosaurus would look awesome together!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on January 31, 2015, 12:08:23 PM

Just wondering if this has ever happened before that Papo actually made a dinosaur according to fans requests ?
Well,we requested them to make a Carnotaurus and they did one for the following year.Casuality or not,it's there!

Concavenator

Rebor,will your Ceratosaurus be JP inspired?I hope not...

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Concavenator on January 31, 2015, 12:48:29 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! The JP Ceratosaurus looks absolutely awful!!! ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!!! ;D

Concavenator

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on January 31, 2015, 12:54:03 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! The JP Ceratosaurus looks absolutely awful!!! ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!!! ;D
Good to hear,because I also feel this way  :)

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Concavenator on January 31, 2015, 12:58:39 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on January 31, 2015, 12:54:03 PM

Good to hear,because I also feel this way  :)

It's not even a ceratosaurus, it's a medium rare mutated Tyrannosaurus with a horn on the nose ;)

Dobber

I'm really looking forward to seeing the first pictures of your Ceratosaurus, REBOR.

Any idea when it may be unveiled?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Dobber on January 31, 2015, 03:08:09 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing the first pictures of your Ceratosaurus, REBOR.

Any idea when it may be unveiled?

Chris

How about next week? ;)

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on January 31, 2015, 12:10:22 PM

Well,we requested them to make a Carnotaurus and they did one for the following year.Casuality or not,it's there!
And also many people on here have been asking for a Papo Apatosaurus and now we finally got one. So perhaps that also counts?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Yutyrannus on January 31, 2015, 06:01:35 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on January 31, 2015, 12:10:22 PM

And also many people on here have been asking for a Papo Apatosaurus and now we finally got one. So perhaps that also counts?

Well unfortunately Sideshow Collectibles haven't got a Ceratosaurus, so good luck with Papo this time  >:D

CityRaptor

Well, they have pieces that are neither Sideshow nor Jurassic Park inspired.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 31, 2015, 06:37:41 PM
Well, they have pieces that are neither Sideshow nor Jurassic Park inspired.

Just kidding, we love Papo  ;)

John

There were a couple requests put out about two years ago or so by a member here (the name of whom escapes me at the moment) to Papo.One of these requests was for a Carnotaurus.The following year one turned up in that line.I personally think that it was merely a coincidence,given how long it typically takes a figure to actually get from the planning stages all the way to production. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: