News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

High end articulated dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, January 21, 2015, 08:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffysaurus

I was wondering and pondering. We all know Kaiyodo, Favorite and other Japanese dinosaur creators.
But what i really would love is high end articulated dinosaur figures. The rumours are Tamashii nations Will create Jurassic park/world figures. I dont know if they would do that. But i would buy myself silly if they would do that. Would Any of you love that too? Sure they arent scientificly accurate. But its Jurassic Park. And While we are at it. Why not dinosaur arts. Which can be accurate since that would be a standalone line. Just being curious if we could start something on the internet. :) would be awesome.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

DC

GeoWorld, Chap Mei and Lontic have JP style figures on the market none are that easy to find.  Seems like most of the articulated figures in toy stores are aimed at Preschool kids.  Play Mobil figures are also articulated.

Bullyland, Schliech, CollectA, Papo have articulated figures Not fully most just jaws and arms.  I am sad to this is growing more popular.  Unless done very well the joint shows and makes the figure less realistic.  As toys for kids the joints are the first thing to break.  I am told retailers input are driving the movable parts style.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Pachyrhinosaurus

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Fluffysaurus

I know creatieve beast, but its not what i hope Will exist. I would love to have them in the style pf bandai Monsterarts. That articulation. My first articulated schleich is the anhanguera. But as you said its aimed at kids. I love them but would love to see more. Papo and Rebor are fun. But again, Well maybe i want to much haha. I cant help dreaming of it high end collectors action figure beasties. I asked Neca but they didnt respond yet. So i just now wrote a letter at Tamashii nations. Sure you would see joints but otherwise i think it would be hard to make a action figure. I dont know Lontic :o
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Patrx

DinoLord

Quote from: Patrx on January 21, 2015, 09:50:24 PM
What about this guy?:

*snip*

I have this one. It's a very nice sculpt but a bit difficult to pose.

Fluffysaurus

Yes i know that guy., i like it.He is more in the style that i would like. But what i meant was.
This articulation with this look
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Megalosaurus

The Carnege Resaurus Collection is the closest to what you are looking for.
But is out of production.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Fluffysaurus

Yes those look very cool too! Thankyou :). For now i mailed Tamashii nations and Neca.
But i thought maybe we could do something as we are a huge dinosaur group.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Fluffysaurus

Oh wow it looks awesome! How much is that one? But isnt that a kit?
Nog very good at painting.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

EmperorDinobot

I have all the Carnage Resaurus figures except for Stegosaurus and Deinonychus.

They can't stand. Articulation is only a good thing when the animal can stand.

triceratops83

Let's hope that NECA does some Jurassic World figures like Godzilla. Both movies are from Legendary pictures, so maybe...
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 22, 2015, 02:26:54 PM
Let's hope that NECA does some Jurassic World figures like Godzilla. Both movies are from Legendary pictures, so maybe...

I wish they would, Godzilla had a toy license and then a collectible license or something where one company made toys and then Neca made a couple really nice detailed pieces.

I was told by one JPToys member that Neca doesn't have the license though. I've been looking for a full list of licensees online. Mcfarlane could also do well with it since he's all about licensed brands now.

DC

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 22, 2015, 11:26:04 AM
I have all the Carnage Resaurus figures except for Stegosaurus and Deinonychus.

They can't stand. Articulation is only a good thing when the animal can stand.

I totally agree
You can never have too many dinosaurs

mpchi

Bandai's S.H.MonsterArts line could do it, but not sure if they would. Compare to Kaijus and Tokusatsu heroes, Dinosaurs seems to be a much smaller market in Japan, especially when MonsterArts figures ain't cheap ($50-100+). Kids that love dinosaurs would go for much cheaper toys, while dino collectors already have lines we collect here. Even Kaiyodo didn't release more articulated Revoltech dinos after that one T-Rex, so it kind of speaks for itself how big the demand is.

Not to mention, any theropods will be a pain to keep it balanced. The legs are skinny, meaning all the leg and toe joints has to be super tight and sturdy. An easy trap of failure/complaints that Bandai might as well avoid altogether. So the chance of happening is very very slim.

stargatedalek

For the issues of standing, I could imagine something similar to the clear pose-able bases Figma uses working for pterosaurs or smaller theropods (think of the flying or leaping poses!)

Hypsi

I love Resaurus. They do have some difficulty with balance but they are so much fun. I'd love to see more articulated figures like them available.

Did you pick up any of the WWD 3D figures? I really like those. Especially the Ultimate Gorgon. It's a beautiful figure.
Amazon still has them apparently: http://www.amazon.com/Walking-With-Dinosaurs-Ultimate-Gorgon/dp/B00BUOW2HY

This custom one is really cool and makes me want to get a second one for a repaint.

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=60263

Fluffysaurus

Neca gave me a awnser, they cant do JP because Hasbro has the toy license.
There Goes my dream on a laughing pteranodon. Ah Well we still have Tamahii. I think the Trex from Revoltech had another problem. They changed the colour. Because they had problems with that. Why i dont know. And the joints were HUGE!I think there is a huge dinosaur market in Japan. Why else would they have multiple dinosaur lines? Only the price. Yes. Monsterarts aint cheap indeed. The stands would work indeed. No i dont have Any walking with Toys. I loved the Ultimate Gorgo however hahaha. Yes now i asked Neca if they would do a regular dinosaur line. I think not but its worth the try.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm not sure how they did Godzilla then when Jakks Pacific had the toy license for it? I thought I read somewhere there were two licenses..one for toys and another for collectibles or something like that.

P.S. Ultimate Gorgon is an awesome figure!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: