News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What do we want next from Pegasus Hobbies?

Started by modelnut, January 21, 2015, 11:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

modelnut

They've given us T rex and Triceratops, and Spinosaurus and Xiphactinus. Soon we will have Liopleurodon and Ichthyosaurus. All in 1/24th scale.

In a perfect world, just supposing we could make suggestions, what would we ask for next?  >:D

All I can really think of, right off the top of my head, is Stegosaurus armatus.

In 24th scale, it would be 14 inches long and 7 inches tall or 35.5 x 17.8 cm.

Of course, if they release Stegosaurus they would need to do Allosaurus fragilis. I wish they would do Apatosaurus and Diplodocus as well but I'm not holding my breath.

- Leelan

DinoLord

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Paleogene Pals

Blade-of-the-Moon

Always could use another Allosaurus..but I'd like to see some sauropods..BIG ones if possible. Give the nature of vinyl they should be on the cheaper side.

Kind of into marine reptiles now..how about a Nothosaurus? No one has made a large model of one yet or a big Shonisaurus?

tyrantqueen

For me it would be something sculpted by Shane Foulkes and it would not be JP inspired. Aside from that I'm not too picky.

modelnut

I hadn't heard of Shonusaurus before.

Cool!

In fact, there are a few mentioned that I have never heard of. I guess I am out of the loop. But I'm a faithful subscriber to Prehistoric Times!  :(

modelnut

I'm not waiting for Pegasus to release an Apatosaurus in 24th scale. I am going to attempt my own. I've been scouring the Web for weeks now for the latest information and current thought on these sauropods and I have settled on this one OMNH 1670:

She's going to be BIG. 38 cm high to the top of the head (15 inches). 25 cm to the top of the back (9.8 inches). And 104 cm long or 41 inches.
Apatosaurus is my wife's favorite dinosaur and I've promised to have it finished before our anniversary in July.

But Pegasus can step in and supply many more. I won't mind.

- Leelan

Paleogene Pals

I would like to see them make a Shunosaurus. I would have it painted like the ones in Dinosaur Revolution.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I like Shane Foulkes' Stegosaurus and apatosaurus, if he continues making models for Pegasus those would make for some nice ones. 
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

modelnut

Here is a size chart in 24th scale of Stegosaurus armatus:

You can print this one out. If the man is 3 inches tall then the print is exactly 24th scale. Set it on you shelf and dream. :D

- Leelan

modelnut

Papo has Dimetrodon in 25th scale which is close enough I'm thinking. I just ordered one from Dan's Dinosaurs. :D

- Leelan

Blade-of-the-Moon

On second thought, a hadrosaur would be good.  Anatotitan or Lambeosaurus maybe?

modelnut

Anatotitan

It's good to know what happened to our old Trachodon. I was beginning to wonder what happened to him.

- Leelan

modelnut

dinosaurdungeon

Quote from: modelnut on January 22, 2015, 11:15:23 PM
I hadn't heard of Shonusaurus before.

Cool!

In fact, there are a few mentioned that I have never heard of. I guess I am out of the loop. But I'm a faithful subscriber to Prehistoric Times!  :(
I'm sculpting a 15th scale Shunosaurus right now. should be done soon. I'm hoping they do a Allosaurus, and I hope they keep they all on the same scale!

modelnut

I was going to try and stick to 35th scale and 40th since those are the most common scales for kits and figures. But Pegasus Hobbies 24th scale kits are just too good to pass up. And there are a lot of accessories already available in 24th scale which is G scale for any train enthusiasts watching this thread. I have several people figures, the family car and even a Ford Explorer, the truck used in Jurassic Park. I may give it a JP paint job one day. So I will try to see how big a collection I can get in 1/24th scale.

- Leelan

modelnut

I've done a few more scale charts while suffering from constant toothache. In no mood for building or sculpting. But I can still point-and-click.

Going to the dentist every week in February. Hopefully the pain will go away.  >:(

- Leelan

reinier zwanink

Ooh that would surely be a apato for me to
Would be great to put in my growing herd here
I got the sideshow and the resin 1/72 from.... (i forgot)
The papo is comming there to so more would make a great herd

yankeetrex

My vote goes for stego and a proper ankylosaurus. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: