News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Dispite there short coming in the eyes of this forum. I think they have more potential now.   There Utahraptor looks better in video then it did in the original Photos, because it has as feathering that the first Yutyrannus should of had in the first place.   I see they did great with the non feathered Ceratosaurus, and i expect the Acro to be great because of this.   I support them for there decision to release a winter Yutyrannus, and it will be the Version I might consider getting (I dont have any of there products, and im not sure if i want to start collecting them due to space constraints, and nagging from mom who says "YOU COLLECT TOO MANEY LINES" ::))   I hope thy do consider Making an alternate version of there Tyrannosaurus Rex, since there current one  has the Jurassic park influence in its head.

Albertosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 20, 2015, 09:34:26 PM
Quote from: Takama on February 20, 2015, 08:31:10 PM
Quote from: Albertosaurus on February 20, 2015, 07:36:20 PM
I just want to see a rare ceratopsian from REBOR.

Dont expect anything to Exotic from them. Dan (of Dans Dinosaurs) said they plan on sticking to popular species.

I can understand that..at least until they have finished all the popular ones.  I would guess Triceratops and/or Styracosaurus would be first then.

I would be totally OK with a Styraco. As long as it isn´t another Triceratops...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Albertosaurus on February 20, 2015, 10:16:05 PM

Dont expect anything to Exotic from them. Dan (of Dans Dinosaurs) said they plan on sticking to popular species.

I can understand that..at least until they have finished all the popular ones.  I would guess Triceratops and/or Styracosaurus would be first then.

I would be totally OK with a Styraco. As long as it isn´t another Triceratops...

Can you ever really have too many though? lol

Albertosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 20, 2015, 10:17:47 PM
Quote from: Albertosaurus on February 20, 2015, 10:16:05 PM

Can you ever really have too many though? lol

Hmmm...it is never enough, that is true but...damn,Styracos were so cool and there are so few good quality figures... :(

CityRaptor

Well, Triceratops is also a Stock Dinosaur. Although other Ceratopsians have got several figures in the last few years, like Pachyrhinosaurus and Nasutoceratops. ( who even seems to be part of the Stegoceratops )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Megalosaurus

It will be very cool if REBOR do a Diabloceratops.
But Styracosaurus is pretty fine to me.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tanystropheus

Torosaurus instead of Triceratops please  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 20, 2015, 11:34:11 PM
Aren't they the same? >:D

I'd love to see more feathery dinos that look anywhere near as fierce as "Wind Hunter".
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Takama

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 21, 2015, 12:32:00 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on February 20, 2015, 11:34:11 PM
Aren't they the same? >:D

I'd love to see more feathery dinos that look anywhere near as fierce as "Wind Hunter".

Some say ilthey are.  But the diffrence is in the frills

stargatedalek

The theory of their being synonymous has been proven false since torosaurus skulls smaller than triceratops skulls exist.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think the only species that it really works for is Pachycephalosaurus anymore.

sauroid

i think once Rebor have made all the most popular dinos, they would start putting out the more obscure ones. judging from the brand's success and popularity, it will just be a matter of time. i am glad for their success despite the antagonism and maligning from some sector of the collecting field. as they say, "you can't put a good man down".
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shadowknight1

I dunno, wouldn't Ceratosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus be considered at least somewhat obscure for the less "dino-savvy"?

Shadowknight1

I know it's technically a double post, but some new info from REBOR's Facebook page.  First, they are still dealing with the problem with the Utahraptor leaning, but they seem optimistic that the batch shipping to US customers through Big Bad Toy Store in early April will not suffer from the problem.  Additionally, Jolly the Triceratops Hatchling should be arriving soon for those of you who ordered one through BBTS.

And on that note, Jolly has been so popular that they plan to create more hatchlings for the Club line and the second one is in progress!

And disappointingly, no preview of Acrocanthosaurus until May. :(

Uroplatus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 18, 2015, 02:19:43 AM
I know it's technically a double post, but some new info from REBOR's Facebook page.  First, they are still dealing with the problem with the Utahraptor leaning, but they seem optimistic that the batch shipping to US customers through Big Bad Toy Store in early April will not suffer from the problem.

They where optimistic abouth their first batch as well, they even guaranteed that with some minor assembly instructions it wouldn't have the sagging problem.., until it arived , burried his face in the dirt and turned into an ostrich.  ???

tanystropheus

The Utahraptor comes with detachable arms - this should be a great opportunity for some of our modding experts or anyone that seems to desire fuller wings.

Concavenator

I'm dying to see the Quetzalcoatlus and Acrocanthosaurus.

Dobber

Quote from: Concavenator on March 18, 2015, 08:06:30 PM
I'm dying to see the Quetzalcoatlus....

Huh?? Did I miss something?  :o

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Dobber on March 18, 2015, 10:56:50 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on March 18, 2015, 08:06:30 PM
I'm dying to see the Quetzalcoatlus....

Huh?? Did I miss something?  :o

Chris
Quote from: tanystropheus on February 03, 2015, 01:55:45 PM
This is a bit confusing. Is REBOR going to have 22 dinosaurs in the market by 2015? including:

1/35 T-rex
1/35 Y-rex
"Jolly" baby Triceratops
1/35 Utahraptor
1/35 (?) Ceratosaurus
1/35 "mystery Sauropod"
1/35 (?) Quetzalcoatlus diorama bundle
1/35 (?) Acrocanthosaurus

Other than "Jolly", I really hope that none of these models are limited availability. I also hope that the REBORS are reasonably easy to get a hold of since I probably won't be able to buy them all this year  :-\
Not sure about the order as the marketing plans seem to indicate Acrocanthosaurus is after Ceratosaurus rather than a Sauropod, but this is apparently a partial list.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: