News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 13, 2018, 06:39:42 AM
It's just my opinion but to me the REBOR T-Rex is a model where licenced Mattel Jurassic World products are more like toys. I could never see myself letting my young son play with a REBOR figure where as I wouldn't have a problem with him playing with the Mattel figures.

Are you the same person who said the same "gushing over mattel rexes" on facebook to that one kid always bashing rebor in dinosaur collection group?

I agree with your points but just curious

Syndicate Bias

You know a good point some people made is that although rebor isnt making new dinosaurs other than jp stuff i think its got its pros for the market. Other companies are more expensive when it comes to a decent jp figure and rebor knows that they are filling in that gap of affordable jp dinosaurs. I dont like the t rex overall as it is(animal that is) but this is still something ill buy because i grew up with jp and it was my favourite dino until dino crisis 2 with the giganotosaurus. Nevertheless everyone has preferences and this is one of them.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 13, 2018, 12:56:24 PM
Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 13, 2018, 06:39:42 AM
It's just my opinion but to me the REBOR T-Rex is a model where licenced Mattel Jurassic World products are more like toys. I could never see myself letting my young son play with a REBOR figure where as I wouldn't have a problem with him playing with the Mattel figures.

Are you the same person who said the same "gushing over mattel rexes" on facebook to that one kid always bashing rebor in dinosaur collection group?

I agree with your points but just curious
Nope, not me. Not really a fan of the Mattel figures. Not saying they are bad, they just aren't the style of figures I'd collect.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Takama

Honestly, im happy this model will not require the aid of a pathetic rock to stand.   Or the need to shell out another $40 to get a base that should of came with the King T.rex in the first place.     

Shonisaurus

He would be in favor of dinosaurs not coming in such luxurious boxes but in sealed or packaged bags. Thus the buyers would find the product cheaper.

And without removable bases it would be great.

Dyscrasia

This was posted in Rebor's facebook page. I hope that this gets released soon.

Shonisaurus

Thank you Discrasia for the photography. I suppose that perhaps Rebor has planned before so much "drought" of his figures a massive production of prehistoric animals.

In regards to the titanoboa Rebor comment on facebook if it will be of several colors as the ankylosaurus nicknamed "War Pig".

Reptilia

I wonder how durable something like this will be. How long before the first bits of paint or even plastic start to peel off?

Mini Minmi

Are snakes shapes more likely to peel? Or is it supposed to be entirely posable? I guess we'll see how the bendable tail of War Pig holds in the long run, I'm guessing they're using similar techniques.

Reptilia

I assume a fully bendable snake might be more tempting to tweak than other less articulated figures. Personally I would change its position more often than I'd do with the Ankylosaurus tail, for example. I don't know, gives me the idea of something prone to deteriorate.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Mini Minmi on May 14, 2018, 08:56:37 PM
Are snakes shapes more likely to peel? Or is it supposed to be entirely posable? I guess we'll see how the bendable tail of War Pig holds in the long run, I'm guessing they're using similar techniques.

A peel-able snake would certainly be a first among toys. It would great to see that Titanboa shed/molt.

Reptilia

I think that a model of a snake shedding its skin would be awesome. Of course without any articulation or other tricky feature, just a simple static figure.

Flaffy

Faelrin

I'm going to have to see these both painted up to know if I'll truly end up liking them or wanting them. I hope this means they are both on their way to being sold sometime this year. Now if only they could do the same for the crocs and that TLW tiger striped raptor.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

It seems that the production of Rebor figures continues to advance,

Despite the criticisms made in the forum against the Tyrannosaurus of Rebor, I see that it is one of the best theropods (if not the best) ever made by this company.

The titanoboa and tyrannosaurus rex come with the miniature statues of David based on the figure of Michelangelo and the Venus of Milo respectively. Do you mean perhaps that these figures will come in some future included in the boxes of these dinosaurs? Time will tell.

Dino Scream3232

I really like this Rex. I know Rebor is always a hotly debated topic on the forum. My collection consists of both accurate models and JP style models for the nostalgia. Every since I've seen pics of this Rex I've had the idea to make a diorama of the road attack. Think of it as the poor mans version of the iron studios set lol.

IrritatorRaji

As much as I don't like Rebor..... I might pick up that Titanoboa....

Shadowknight1

Is it just me or does that rex's head look more proportionally correct than the previous images?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Minmiminime

You're right, it does seem to look a lot better in this image. I wonder if they've revised it?
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 18, 2018, 11:49:48 PM
Is it just me or does that rex's head look more proportionally correct than the previous images?

Oh yeah, definitely. It's way more obvious when you compare the pictures side by side.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: