News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I am your unconditional buyer and follower do not get discouraged and keep asking for forgiveness, take off that complex of guilt, "past water does not move mills" as the saying goes, your company is great and I will buy you all the figures that you take out in the market Except for the resin figures because they represent a cost in showcases that I can not afford, they are very sensitive figures. All human beings make mistakes. I wish the best for Rebor, avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO  encourage  :)

REBOR_STUDIO

But some people still hate us till this day, hate us so much that everything we said are straight lies in their eyes, hate us to the point that they'd rather root for bootleggers.

BRONSON

I used to repair moulding machines that made different plastic items, 25 years ago you were talking nearly £10k for a complex mould back then, and they were not making anything as complex as a Rebor model.
Rebor do not think that a couple of whingers stand for how the majority of us on here think, they dont, I like what you do and how you do it, you are unique and more of a cottage industry in releases and quality, and I like that.

suspsy

we are truly sorry for all bad things we said years ago, we admit that we were arrogant and stupid back then     

Thank you for the apology and the frank admission. That's big of you. Cheers.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PhilSauria

REBOR, I'd also like to add my thanks and appreciation for taking your time to engage with this forum and address the issues, or perceived issues that have been raised. I would hazard a guess that you have more supporters here than it may appear on the surface, as it is a sad fact of human nature that those dissatisfied with a situation or product tend to be much more vocal about their level of satisfaction than those who are happy with it and in the process can create the impression that there are more dissenters than there are.

Keep up the good work and I hope that the new direction pays off for you, I for one will be supporting your product, as it is available through a local online retailer here in Australia, unlike some brands.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on March 01, 2019, 12:05:12 AM
But some people still hate us till this day, hate us so much that everything we said are straight lies in their eyes, hate us to the point that they'd rather root for bootleggers.

Who's the Usurper Tarot card tho. I need to know this!!!

Faelrin

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Thanks for the insight on the production, cost, etc of your figures (or statues?). The only time I can recall learning about how these types of things are made was from following the many updates to the production of the Beasts of the Mesozoic line. It's definitely a very complex and expensive procedure to mass produce figures no doubt. In fact speaking of molds, I think I recall seeing something about them being expensive back with the BotM kickstarter updates as well, so it probably goes with the territory of producing stuff like this.

You also make a very good point about how bootlegs can often be very dangerous, because of cost cutting and not having their products safety tested etc. No doubt bootlegs of your products aren't the only example out there of how bad things can get (if my time and experience of collecting action figures is anything to go by). I am definitely not surprised to learn about lead based paints being used in such things either though. All the more reason to avoid such things.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

The more I hear from Rebor and the less I understand how their business plan works, or if they have any. Titanoboa, for example: if you have yet to figure out which material the figure will be made of, then why tease it as an upcoming product?

Personally I'd be totally satisfied if Rebor simply announce three or four new models at the beginning of the year and then actually release them, like major companies do. I was very interested in Rebor at the beginning, but their chaotic approach gradually turned me off. Now with their venture in the hollow vinyl field I'm even less interested.

I still like a lot their raptors, the new "Killer Queen" and the Dilophosaurus they showed a while ago, so maybe one day I'll get those, but for all non-JP stuff I'm definitively out. The last ones I really liked were "Savage" and "Hercules", which were both 2015 releases I think.

And regarding bootlegs, how bendable parts can discourage bootleggers? Can't they just make their counterfeit products without that feature? A lot of Papo and Schleich knockoffs don't have articulated jaws, isn't the same thing with bendy tails?

REBOR_STUDIO

QuoteThe more I hear from Rebor and the less I understand how their business plan works, or if they have any. Titanoboa, for example: if you have yet to figure out which material the figure will be made of, then why tease it as an upcoming product?

This is no business plan because REBOR is not a business, please understand that we are not PAPO or Schleich or CollectA or Safari, we are just a couple of ordinary guys burning our own money making all these figures for our fans and collectors so the confines of our knowledge in regards to manufacturing and materials are not greater than anybody else's, Deinonychus worked, Ankylosaurus worked, even bendy tail as thick as Vanilla Ice's worked so we thought that everything was fine until we saw our Titanoboa samples started to crack last October and we realised that bending and wrapping are not the same thing, materials required to perform the ladder must be far more durable than every material we've used so far.

We are not trying to tease you guys because Titanoboa IS an upcoming product, it's postponed because we've met encountered problems and difficulties along the way and each requires time to be solved, there is no way to know that we are going to meet all these problems in the beginning because we are not omniscient. Now some people may ask why don't you guys just make a static Titanoboa figure? Why go through all these troubles to make something that you are not even fully understand? Because we want to give the world something new, that's it. Somebody will always have to take the first step or things will never change if we all choose to stay in our comfort zones, there will never be Tylosaurus fossil show case or Chickenosaurus embryo. We don't care if we are going to lose money or criticised because we know somewhere out there there must be someone who are amazed by all these new designs and concepts we created and knowing this alone makes everything worth it.

Reptilia

Well I don't know, maybe I'm dead wrong, but I think that precisely because you're not Papo or Schleich and just a couple ordinary guys instead you should have a business plan. That would probably help you burn less money and having more to invest in your project's future.

By the way I wish you all the best, cause I think you are very talented, and I hope you can put out more pop culture inspired figures in the coming years. I'd love to see a JW Baryonyx or Allosaurus, for instance.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Reptilia on March 02, 2019, 11:02:36 PM
Well I don't know, maybe I'm dead wrong, but I think that precisely because you're not Papo or Schleich and just a couple ordinary guys instead you should have a business plan. That would probably help you burn less money and having more to invest in your project's future.

By the way I wish you all the best, cause I think you are very talented, and I hope you can put out more pop culture inspired figures in the coming years. I'd love to see a JW Baryonyx or Allosaurus, for instance.

I think the hurricane hatching is a hint to an adult version

stargatedalek

I dearly appreciate the rebuttal! Far to few companies are even willing to look in-depth at comments, let alone take the time to respond to criticisms that aren't on their own social media.

I for one am excited to see the new format of products REBOR is going to be rolling out in the future, seemingly larger and definitely more affordable, and I've never had issues against vinyl.

tanystropheus

I would love to see Dragons by REBOR. Currently, McFarlane seems to make some of the best Dragon interpretations in affordable, toy form. But, I know for certain that REBOR could make Dragons that are far superior than that of Todd McFarlane.

Shonisaurus

At first I had my reservations about the vinyl figures, but that changed after buying the diprotodon of Soutlands Replicas is a fabulous figure. I asked before buying the figure how were the vinyl figures in DTF and I received a great help when making a query in the DTF forum and my colleagues in the forum solved all my doubts, I thought it was a fragile figure but it is more resistant than PVC

My love of vinyl figures has been increasing after buying marine PNSO prehistoric animals such as megalodon, ophthalmosaurus, basilosaurus and mandschurosaurus are all beautiful and well made figures. Now I have no reluctance to buy vinyl figures are as good as PVC figures.

Therefore the Rebor vinyl figures will be as spectacular as those of the dinosaurs mentioned. Therefore Rebor cheer up and do not be discouraged by the criticism they make you! In my case I win, I get a good figure of sarcosuchus and deinosuchus and at a more acceptable price.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 03, 2019, 05:55:32 AM
I would love to see Dragons by REBOR. Currently, McFarlane seems to make some of the best Dragon interpretations in affordable, toy form. But, I know for certain that REBOR could make Dragons that are far superior than that of Todd McFarlane.

Already pre ordered Viscerion 👌👌👌

Now if Rebor makes the Game Of Thrones Wyverns (i know they call them dragons but they aren't at least from mythology and Georgie did say that those are his representation of Dragons in GoT so there's that) they would be awesome! Viscerion first though...then Drogon and Rhaegal

Don't know if this is off-topic since this is just a Rebor general thread and not just strictly Rebor Dinosaurs lol

Minmiminime

Given how popular that program is I'm honestly surprised there haven't been more affordable models of the wyverns (I agree, they're definitely wyverns!). They wouldn't be my thing, but I've no doubt there would be interest in such figures! ^-^

As for vinyl I'm all for it! It's lightweight and doesn't warp under its own weight, it's durable, allows articulation and it holds detail just as well as PVC. With clever design and manufacturing magic seams can be reduced and disguised and I'm sure Rebor will pursue every option to make this line as perfect as possible with these limitations. Can't be long until the Killer Queen officially arrives, now ;D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Killekor

I really appreciate the fact that you are intervening in this forum in this way, avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO ! Plus I can't wait to see all your next releases. Any plans for an Epidexipterix?

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 28, 2019, 05:25:13 PM
QuoteThere is no evidence for any of these bootlegs being made of discarded medical waste. Yes, bootlegging is bad, but such a boldfaced accusation with absolutely no evidence to back it up is worth calling out. If we accept lies about things we already think are bad, that sets a dangerous precedent.

Yes there are evidences and we've posted photos on our Facebook before. We've asked our factory why those bootleg products are so cheap and whether we can figure out a way to reduce our own costs, agents of our factory traced those cheap materials back to suppliers in Shantou, China and found out that recycled medical wastes were added into materials they produced. We even found out the price difference, CE standard PVC used by us and most European manufactures are around £1.46/Kg while materials used by bootleggers are around £0.34/Kg. Also those bootleggers use lead based industrial paints which are very toxic so I'd stay far away from those knockoff figures if I were you, no joking. It's OK if you don't like us and we total deserve everything but please don't risk it for your own heath and safety.

Thanks for warning us, I didn't know that  :o. I'll never buy knock-off figures again.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

stargatedalek

Wyverns are dragons though, they're a kind OF dragon, but saying they aren't dragons is like saying dolphins aren't whales or toads aren't frogs.

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on March 02, 2019, 10:39:45 PM
Now some people may ask why don't you guys just make a static Titanoboa figure? Why go through all these troubles to make something that you are not even fully understand? Because we want to give the world something new, that's it. Somebody will always have to take the first step or things will never change if we all choose to stay in our comfort zones, there will never be Tylosaurus fossil show case or Chickenosaurus embryo. We don't care if we are going to lose money or criticised because we know somewhere out there there must be someone who are amazed by all these new designs and concepts we created and knowing this alone makes everything worth it.
What about using the sculpt in a bunch of different poses and releasing a set of small snakes for dioramas? As a sort of teaser, but also something ala the dinosaur egg nests. Would also allow you to make use of those other head sculpts.

REBOR_STUDIO

You have to admit that making dinosaur figurines is not a lucrative business, Papo, Schleich and other manufactures started their business and built their sales channels early when things are still cheap and when sweatshops are still a thing, now it's much harder to start any business related to manufacturing let alone DINOSAUR TOY making business because labour costs have increased immensely so the only sensible and feasible business plan is to quit. Now is that what we want?

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on March 03, 2019, 08:00:06 PM

You have to admit that making dinosaur figurines is not a lucrative business, Papo, Schleich and other manufactures started their business and built their sales channels early when things are still cheap and when sweatshops are still a thing, now it's much harder to start any business related to manufacturing let alone DINOSAUR TOY making business because labour costs have increased immensely so the only sensible and feasible business plan is to quit. Now is that what we want?

Was about to say the last bit. Rebor doesn't have to keep going if they don't want to. I think too many of us are pretty harsh on them when it's pretty obvious if they disappeared many of us would miss them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: