News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Rebor's tyrannosaurus rex looks great, it seems to me that by the end of the year / beginning of next year it will be available as noted on his Facebook page.

PhilSauria

Well I really like the look of this one (though I do not like the 'war paint' version - never liked that look) and will be placing my order when it shows up at Mini Zoo.

I had been planning on ordering the Jungle Queen but the brown variant is out of stock at the moment so this one will get my money instead. I'm leaning towards non JP-style Tyrannosaurs when I can find them these days and have only just this week taken possession of the PNSO Wilson, pleased to have this one at last, gnarly though it is.

Looking forward to fully painted images of the Spinosaurus and Stegosaurus now, another two orders for the future.

suspsy

Quote from: Faelrin on September 24, 2019, 09:37:02 PM
avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian Here you go (from Rebor's FB):

The necks look a little too long and thin to my eye, but on the whole, a pretty good sculpting job. I like the skeletal colour scheme of the second one much more than the boring old brown version.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ZoPteryx

Pretty impressive!  Definitely one of the better non-feathered rexes out there.

Kileskus

New tyrannosaurus seems to be a wonderful figure, but it would be even better, if tail posing wasn't so tripod-like. Brown version seems be a bit boring, but it's nice choice for owners of brown Wilson version. They look quite similar, it's possible to demonstrate them both in one diorama, because real fossils of tyrannosaurus have a great range of interspecific diversity, so, differences on figures' anatomy is not ruining it. Skull-like version is awesome though. I am not a fan of Dinosaur Revolution design, because it's quite cartoonish and unrealistic, but lovers of this t rex version deserved a good model. Sorry for mistakes, i am not english-speaker.

Silvanusaurus

It looks nice, surely their most realistic theropod sculpt, especially in terms of skin texture. I do wish it had an articulated jaw, just because I'm so tired of open mouthed rex's. The paint schemes also do nothing for me, the brown is humdrum, the Dinosaur Revolution design looks too much like the white has been painted on, rather than natural markings. If I get one I'll probably repaint it. I'm definitely more interested in seeing the Spinosaurus.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 25, 2019, 11:06:21 AM
It looks nice, surely their most realistic theropod sculpt, especially in terms of skin texture. I do wish it had an articulated jaw, just because I'm so tired of open mouthed rex's. The paint schemes also do nothing for me, the brown is humdrum, the Dinosaur Revolution design looks too much like the white has been painted on, rather than natural markings. If I get one I'll probably repaint it. I'm definitely more interested in seeing the Spinosaurus.
You and me both.  I do like this one, but I will wait until people have it in hand.  I have enough trouble keeping PVC dinos from drooping in the Oklahoma heat, I shudder to think of coming home to finding my vinyl rex with warped legs.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Rain

I, too, would've preferred it to have an articulated jaw. I wouldn't mind it being a bit bulkier as well but oh well, I still really like it.

Rebor also teased this today

Faelrin

King Trident, is that you? Finally!
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tanystropheus

Silhouette is reminiscent of PNSO deluxe Tri, perhaps a bit stockier or it could just be the angle (especially with respect to pts. where the limbs overlap). 

mgaguilar

so. Much. HYPE.

The paint schemes for the Grab 'N Go rex look brilliant.
And King Trident finally happening! I wonder if he will be Grab 'N Go as well?

postsaurischian

Thank you, but unfortunately I can't see the pics. Am I the only one?

Shonisaurus

A Rebor triceratops will be a great figure. I'm glad that Rebor has planned more dinosaurs and varied prehistoric animals. I really like his Rebor ankylosaurus (I have the three paint variants) and I can say that the figures are outstanding. I have strong hopes that the triceratops will surpass its ankylosaurus.

Killekor

I'm really happy to finally see REBOR producing King Trident! I'm sure that after all these years of work on it it will end up amazing!

Anyways, those T-Rexes are fabulous! I think that I'll get one (or both)!
I personally prefear the brown, "classic" one over the other one.

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 26, 2019, 07:12:48 AM
And King Trident finally happening! I wonder if he will be Grab 'N Go as well?

I think that it will be part of the main line, considering that (if I remember correctly) it will be part of their King T-Rex/Fallen Queen/Hazelnut diorama.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Kileskus on September 25, 2019, 08:54:30 AM
New tyrannosaurus seems to be a wonderful figure, but it would be even better, if tail posing wasn't so tripod-like.

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 24, 2019, 09:51:18 PM
Despite the tripod stance (I personally don't care either way),

Do... do people think the very tip of the tail couldn't touch the ground?  :o T. rex tails would have been a LOT bendier than this. I don't know why this expectation exists that theropod figures should be able to stand on two feet in boring, horizontal, zero-action, zero-interest poses. /rant
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

The Prehistoric Traveler

Anybody know if that King Trident will be scientifically accurate? Or is it another JP knock off?

Rain

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 26, 2019, 08:32:59 AM

Thank you, but unfortunately I can't see the pics. Am I the only one?

They're hosted on facebook and IIRC you don't use facebook? Maybe something to do with that. Hopefully you can see these.

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on September 26, 2019, 01:07:53 PM

Anybody know if that King Trident will be scientifically accurate? Or is it another JP knock off?

I don't know if it'll be accurate but the silhouette doesn't scream JP to me.

postsaurischian

Ah! Thank you avatar_Rain @Rain, I'm not using facebook.
  I also like the "classic" brown version better, because the DR colours aren't well executed and they do not consort to the figure.

Kileskus

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on September 26, 2019, 01:07:53 PM

It's 100% not JP-based, silhouette looks different. But i have worries about small inaccuracies like toe number or skin texture.

Kileskus

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on September 26, 2019, 12:44:33 PM
Quote from: Kileskus on September 25, 2019, 08:54:30 AM
New tyrannosaurus seems to be a wonderful figure, but it would be even better, if tail posing wasn't so tripod-like.

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 24, 2019, 09:51:18 PM
Despite the tripod stance (I personally don't care either way),

Do... do people think the very tip of the tail couldn't touch the ground?  :o T. rex tails would have been a LOT bendier than this. I don't know why this expectation exists that theropod figures should be able to stand on two feet in boring, horizontal, zero-action, zero-interest poses. /rant
Because more neutral, but yet dynamic poses are giving a higher range of ideas for diorama. You can't demonstrate an impressive, agressive posed animal in "routine" or "demonstration of fauna"  diorama, but can make an action scene with figure with quite neutral(like Safari Ltd carnotaurus) pose, because in real life animal attacks/fights are not always very epic. Some rare example of poses like eating or sitting are other thing though, i am not a fan of those, but can understand why people like it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: