News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Martwad on June 23, 2020, 03:50:51 AM
avatar_Bread @Bread, from what I understand, whether to acquire this figure or not may not be a decision you will be able to make.  Unless you want to pay an ungodly price from someone that picked up a second one, and is willing to sell it, the preorders were the last of them.  I don't see Rebor making any more, since they lost money on this batch.
Oh, I did not know that. Thanks for the information. I might as well just pass on getting this figure then.

Victoria's Cantina

Does anyone know where the Komodo Dragon can be purchased in the US? I can't recall if BBTS has carried it.

Loon

Quote from: Victoria's Cantina on June 29, 2020, 10:06:51 AM
Does anyone know where the Komodo Dragon can be purchased in the US? I can't recall if BBTS has carried it.

I haven't seen it for sale at any US store. I had to get mine from Everything Dinosaur.

Over9K

Quote from: Loon on June 29, 2020, 11:17:48 AM
Quote from: Victoria's Cantina on June 29, 2020, 10:06:51 AM

I haven't seen it for sale at any US store. I had to get mine from Everything Dinosaur.

Yeah, BBTS didn't/doesn't have it. I got mine from EverythingDinosaur too. I'm hoping BBTS carries the rest of the GNG line

Flaffy

oh?
IF they actually decides to make the stem octopus... God I hope they won't be Giant/Colossal squid clones.
A Rebor cephalopod would look spectacular.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Flaffy on July 06, 2020, 06:01:06 PM
oh?
IF they actually decides to make the stem octopus... God I hope they won't be Giant/Colossal squid clones.
A Rebor cephalopod would look spectacular.

Cephalopods, yes! I would love it.

Tusoteuthis is from a Videogame(Ark). Meh.

Faelrin

I have never heard of either of those, but for sure I would be interested in them, if they were to come to light.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

The skull series is about to begin, with Wave 1 Ceratosaurus, Carnotaurus and Yutyrannus coming in August/September...

Wave 2 will be Allosaurus fragilis, Deinosuchus and Sarcosuchus...

Flaffy

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 07, 2020, 12:16:00 AM
Cephalopods, yes! I would love it.

Tusoteuthis is from a Videogame(Ark). Meh.

I mean, ARK didn't invent the genus if that's what you're trying to say. ???

Hypothetical reconstruction (far more likely than a clone of the extant Giant/Colossal squid). Looks very bizarre.

Hypothetical anatomy of Enchoteuthis, a close relative.

Detailed blog article on the matter: https://incertaesedisblog.wordpress.com/2020/07/03/reconstructing-fossil-cephalopods-enchoteuthis-tusoteuthis/?fbclid=IwAR2hdNBhKAw3ZY9z-B3o79Ff9a5gDQYWqW39GYmb6Q9hqNdBjQRrRRfOdhA

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Flaffy on July 07, 2020, 04:37:31 AM

No, but Rebor often likes to use Popculture references. The W-Eye in the Picture looks like Cuttlefish, but this seems to be a quite interesting Animal wich is not Squid related in the End. Thanks for the Link to the Blog!

Flaffy

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 07, 2020, 12:00:56 PM

No, but Rebor often likes to use Popculture references. The W-Eye in the Picture looks like Cuttlefish, but this seems to be a quite interesting Animal wich is not Squid related in the End. Thanks for the Link to the Blog!

Ah yes that is true, so we're probably going to be stuck with an edgy giant squid clone in the end unfortunately. Sorry for the misunderstanding.  ^-^
And you're welcome! Cephalopods and kin are way more interesting than most people give them credit for, especially popular media "stars" (comparatively) like Tusoteuthis.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Flaffy on July 07, 2020, 12:18:47 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 07, 2020, 12:00:56 PM

Ah yes that is true, so we're probably going to be stuck with an edgy giant squid clone in the end unfortunately. Sorry for the misunderstanding.  ^-^
And you're welcome! Cephalopods and kin are way more interesting than most people give them credit for, especially popular media "stars" (comparatively) like Tusoteuthis.

Oh yes! I loved Cephalopods since i was a little Kid. Back in the day, there was not much info on, for example Architeuthis dux. It is so great to have the possibility to get all the Info on Animals and the new Stuff via the Internet. As you can see, my Place is full of Tentacles, haha.

But Back to Topic. Sorry Everyone. This is Rebor.

And i would love to see some Cephalopods from Rebor, because they DO make good Figures with a lot of Detail, to a very good Price. Also, i would love a Figure of a Cephalopod in a less agressive Pose. A More elegant pose would be striking to me.

Fenestra

The skulls with their stands look nice. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the skulls together with some Rebor (or other) dinosaur figures.
Just to get an idea on size.

Diogo Romeiro Reis

I just hope they don't overdo Smilodon's coat. The Smilodon Populator lived in a warm and rainforest, a Smilodon Fatalis with a dense coat would make sense, but not the Smilodon Populator. The Smilodon Populator is much more likely to have a coat similar to jaguars]l

SidB

Good observation. Hope that Rebor is aware of this strong likelihood.

Over9K

Quote from: Fenestra on July 07, 2020, 06:11:22 PM
The skulls with their stands look nice. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the skulls together with some Rebor (or other) dinosaur figures.
Just to get an idea on size.

Rain

Looks like there's another titanoboa on the way

Kapitaenosavrvs

I like Rebor Figures. But it seems like there are like 3 new Things announced every Month but nothing is coming. If everything is coming, it will be a good Year/Years for Rebor i guess. Still waiting on the GnGs :(

Sarapaurolophus

If only that Protoceratops wasn't a corpse. I'd love to see a figure of a Ceratopsid (or any dinosaur) sleeping or relaxing.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Rain on July 20, 2020, 02:50:53 PM
Looks like there's another titanoboa on the way

Sorry for doubleposting, but seeing this and knowing Rebors affinity with Popculture: I Think Rebor would be the perfect Company to do a Shai-Hulud from Dune. Something in the similiar Pose to this.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: