News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

Saurophaganax looks great, but it is nothing for me or for my Collection.
What a weird move with the two extra Colorations on the Carnotaurus... After that long Preorder and the first one just came out. Feels a bit of a bad timing, but yeah.
I am no expert on Smilodon, but that looks like a really beautiful Version of that Genus. I really like the Head with the closed mouth (of course. :D). Can't wait to see it colored. Well done.

Thanks for sharing as reupload :)

Edit: I remember the discussion about the Muscles on the Figure without fur and the concerns. When thinking of modern big Cats ( Yes, not the same, but.), this look on the Smilodon looks absolutely believable to me.

Quote from: Carnoking on January 01, 2021, 09:58:38 PM
The "Plain" title has me wondering if there will be variants for each of them...

Well. :D

Carnoking

Well thank goodness the film version is the one that I would have wanted the most, otherwise I would have felt a bit annoyed to have these show up only after the first one finally ships. Still, not bad color schemes (even if they are just sideshow riffs). Darnit.

Shonisaurus

That smilodon looks great, it has articulated jaws but no seam is noticeable, on the other hand it seems that its neck is moving, but can they be two different models? One with open jaws and one with closed jaws? Will there be two versions of smilodon painting or maybe more like Rebor's gorilla Z (aka King Kong)?

Another thing, there is another version of the carnotaurus in two colors, I honestly like the crimson carnotaurus better. And above all the sauropaghanax is a beautiful figure even without painting it is as large as its tyrannosaurus counterpart. In the production of prehistoric animals Rebor is rampant and unleashed.

Over9K

Today we see the freshly printed prototype parts for Plastic Love and Nine Inch Nail...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome! i'll probably get these before those darn Star Ace pieces..

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Over9K on May 24, 2021, 08:51:48 PM
Meanwhile, on REBOR's FB page...

Wonder how many color schemes avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO will give the Saurophaganax!  It's a big one, can't wait to see it in full color.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Faelrin

Just woke up and saw that Rebor posted a ton of pics of a He-Man Battle Cat colored (I think) Smilodon over on instagram. Wonder what the other colors would be based on.

Example: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPVV-BTMtJr/?utm_medium=copy_link
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Quote from: Faelrin on May 26, 2021, 02:24:43 PM
Just woke up and saw that Rebor posted a ton of pics of a He-Man Battle Cat colored (I think) Smilodon over on instagram. Wonder what the other colors would be based on.

Example: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPVV-BTMtJr/?utm_medium=copy_link

Meh. A Smilodon really doesn't work for Battle Cat. Standard extant tiger colours would look nicer. Indeed, Rebor might be wise to offer this figure in tawny, striped, spotted, and melanistic.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Thialfi

Pretty sure they will do regular paint schemes as well - can't wait for it!

He-Man has gained a lot of traction over the past months though, due to a new toy line being out and two new cartoons debuting soon - pretty smart move from Rebor to start out with a figure based on that franchise.

CityRaptor

Yep.
So, how long will it be till Rebor announces Homo neanderthalensis "Macho Man"? ( species/subsepcies of Homo as well as actual name may vary. Just went with Macho Man since it it's both a a song and is kinda similar to He-Man )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Honestly, he is a beautiful figure in spite of everything, although the colors of that smilodon are fantastic, I have read many books in these months and this smilodon reminds me of the book of "the endless story" by Michael Ende, it reminds me of graograman multi-colored death a lion that changes color all day until it ends up dying every night and is transformed into a stone statue.

That smilodon I like reminds me of that fantastic character. Honestly, it will not be an impediment to buy it. But won't there be another color version of that smilodon, for example white polar or even with the battle colors of a totally realistic smilodon and to which we fans and connoisseurs of dinosaurs and in this case of prehistoric animals in books are used? of text?

It can be one of the many color versions. I'm honestly going to buy all the paint versions.

Gwangi

Battle Cat wasn't a Smilodon and while the idea to give a Smilodon his color scheme is interesting I'm not sure there's much crossover between prehistoric animal and He-Man collectors. I could be wrong but it seems like an awfully niche market to appeal to.

The Prehistoric Traveler

If REBOR only releases this version they truly are the masters or lords of terrible taste. A highly interesting animal, presented in what is quite a sublime sculpt, denigrated to honor a really shitty cartoon from the 80s. My god...   

Carnoking

There's almost always variants with REBOR. On one hand, I'm surprised after all the waiting they chose to lead with this since it feels more like a variant to stretch the mold and I'm sure it's gonna be a turnoff to people who were hoping for a more real-world approach to the otherwise realistic model. On the other hand, maybe they didn't want to blow their wad early and so are building up to the main event by showing off the more niche versions of the figure. 

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on May 26, 2021, 11:07:55 PM
Battle Cat wasn't a Smilodon and while the idea to give a Smilodon his color scheme is interesting I'm not sure there's much crossover between prehistoric animal and He-Man collectors. I could be wrong but it seems like an awfully niche market to appeal to.

Back in 2002, there was a ton of complaining in the MOTU fandom over how the then-new version of Battle Cat didn't talk, had a much smaller mask, and yes, sabre teeth. I don't believe many of those hardcore fans will take kindly to an entirely different felid genus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Thialfi

No need to panic..

Beautiful!

Kapitaenosavrvs

What a lovely sculpt and Paint. If i would collect prehistoric Mammals, i wou.. even if not. Wonderful Figure. What a life this Animal must have had. It looks so impractical :D

SenSx

I'm in love  :-*
Hope it's available soon.

Do we know the scale and dimension of this Smilodon ?
Surely something like 1/18 or 1/12 ?

SidB

Wow, the sculpt surely captures the bear-like grappling power this cat possessed, a power far beyond that of any extant relative. Megafaunal-driven necessity. I'm assuming it's in a pretty large scale. I'd prefer something in the 1/18-1/20 range, but it's so good-looking that i might have to get it even if it's far larger.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: SidB on May 27, 2021, 01:24:42 PM
I'd prefer something in the 1/18-1/20 range, but it's so good-looking that i might have to get it even if it's far larger.
Looks like it'll be in 1/11 range according to their Facebook posts.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: