News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That's definitely the nicest cour scheme, but it is still probably a no from me, especially if it is huge.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

stoneage

Does anyone know the scale?

SenSx

Quote from: stoneage on June 02, 2021, 10:32:10 PM
Does anyone know the scale?

1/11

As many collectors, my collection is essentially made of 1/35 figures, but a 1/35 Smilodon would be just way too small, so I'd rather have an impressive figure to pay tribute to this specie.

blnadal

Quote from: SenSx on June 02, 2021, 09:25:19 PM
Quote from: blnadal on June 02, 2021, 08:01:21 PM
Rebor told me that they're still figuring out if this will be two figures or one with 2 head sculpts

Interesting...
That would be cool to have the two heads, although I'm worried about the seam.
But I think I've noticed some on the side of the figure, so if there is a seam anyway, I'd rather have the heads options...
Yea, the seam is already visible... so two headsculpts for me too

SidB

Quote from: blnadal on June 02, 2021, 08:01:21 PM
Rebor told me that they're still figuring out if this will be two figures or one with 2 head sculpts
Two heads are better than one?

CityRaptor

A head at each end! Twice the Simlodon with none of the poop!

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on May 26, 2021, 11:36:37 PM

If REBOR only releases this version they truly are the masters or lords of terrible taste. A highly interesting animal, presented in what is quite a sublime sculpt, denigrated to honor a really shitty cartoon from the 80s. My god...

Oh please, as if REBOR only ever releases one color version. You know, I usually don't defend REBOR, but molds are expensive and recolors are a good way to get back some of the cost.
Also given their previous releases, it was rather obvious that one version of the mold would have some pop culture reference.  In this case, the mount of the most powerful man in the universe. He has the power....of nostalgia.

Quote from: suspsy on May 26, 2021, 11:53:41 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 26, 2021, 11:07:55 PM
Battle Cat wasn't a Smilodon and while the idea to give a Smilodon his color scheme is interesting I'm not sure there's much crossover between prehistoric animal and He-Man collectors. I could be wrong but it seems like an awfully niche market to appeal to.

Back in 2002, there was a ton of complaining in the MOTU fandom over how the then-new version of Battle Cat didn't talk, had a much smaller mask, and yes, sabre teeth. I don't believe many of those hardcore fans will take kindly to an entirely different felid genus.

Well, realistically speaking, unless Eternia has some connection to Earth,  Battle Cat is some sort of alien life convergently evolved to look like a tiger.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Concavenator

Aren't the eyes super tiny?  ;D I mean, I guess it looks fiercer this way, but it honestly looks funny. It looks good though.

suspsy

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 03, 2021, 02:25:49 PM

Battle Cat wasn't a Smilodon and while the idea to give a Smilodon his color scheme is interesting I'm not sure there's much crossover between prehistoric animal and He-Man collectors. I could be wrong but it seems like an awfully niche market to appeal to.

Back in 2002, there was a ton of complaining in the MOTU fandom over how the then-new version of Battle Cat didn't talk, had a much smaller mask, and yes, sabre teeth. I don't believe many of those hardcore fans will take kindly to an entirely different felid genus.

Well, realistically speaking, unless Eternia has some connection to Earth,  Battle Cat is some sort of alien life convergently evolved to look like a tiger.

True, but BC was regularly referred to as a tiger in the cartoons. In any case, from what I know of the MOTU fandom, I don't think they'll be flocking to buy this product.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lanthanotus

Quote from: suspsy on June 03, 2021, 03:28:41 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on June 03, 2021, 02:25:49 PM

True, but BC was regularly referred to as a tiger in the cartoons. In any case, from what I know of the MOTU fandom, I don't think they'll be flocking to buy this product.

Well, the "prehistory" of Eternia (and Etheria) does not follow a straight, singular route, for example the comics that accompanied the action figures vary greatly from what Filmation Studios made with the material (to call it a story would be vastly exaggerating). So, whatever way you prefer, Eternina may be Earth in a distant future when the techonological greatly advanced human civilization somehow was destroyed/destroyed itself and left only ruins and machines only few understand (like Man-at-Arms). If you show a greater interest I recommend battleramblog and Vaults of Grayskull.

That being said, I personally like Battle Cat as an enormous fantasy tiger, rather than a Smilodon, but maybe thats just because I am grown to this image. However, green is a very uncommon color in mammals, so, nah :D

Shonisaurus

Sincerely in front of the criticisms made by many members of DTF (and who are surely right in the world) because they are people who are knowledgeable in the world of dinosaur toys and many of them are super understood in paleontology (I would like to reach the height of them in knowledge) sincerely for me this smilodon with its different versions of painting is going to be my favorite smilodon, it is for me a super fantastic figure and above all super attractive and although it is not scientific I like it more than the other versions of toy smilodon that exist the market.

Just as the spinosaurus special version of Papo is my favorite spinosaurus although it is not scientific for me, the smilodon of Rebor 2021 in its different versions of paint is my favorite smilodon by far.

Sometimes science becomes boring to me and also that the different companies of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals make dinosaurs or prehistoric animals with their own artistic licenses and their own philosophy seems to me a way to make figures of prehistoric animals attractive and interesting.

Rebor's smilodon is going to be in its different paint versions of the few prehistoric animal figures that I buy this year along with the Safari versions (daspletosaurus and spinosaurus) Collecta, Papo and kosmoceratops from BoTM, tethyhadros Wild Past, spinosaurus from Mesozoo (when it is released) and diplodocus from Eofauna for reasons of savings I will sincerely prioritize my expenses in buying these figures before others even if they are much more scientific or much better made from an artistic point of view.

Abobo

Aerosmith head sculpt 3

Brian Diccus LOL

ITdactyl

Heh... nice to see old eagle munching Terrorsaur getting some love. I wonder about the timing though, considering that Takara-Tomy is about to release a new Terrorsaur toy in the "Transformers: Kingdom" line.  Personally, it'd be nice to have this figure beside that new robot.

I'm hoping Rebor would consider a JP:TLW head sculpt for this pteranodon series, but I'm guessing the JP3 version is the majority vote.

Over9K

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 04, 2021, 07:40:36 PM
Heh... nice to see old eagle munching Terrorsaur getting some love. I wonder about the timing though, considering that Takara-Tomy is about to release a new Terrorsaur toy in the "Transformers: Kingdom" line.  Personally, it'd be nice to have this figure beside that new robot.

I'm hoping Rebor would consider a JP:TLW head sculpt for this pteranodon series, but I'm guessing the JP3 version is the majority vote.

Aren't they doing TLW and III heads already?

ITdactyl

Those are JP3 and JW head sculpts. Not complaining, considering the TLW Pteranodon barely got screen time.

Shonisaurus

I feel fabulous! Terrifying pterosaurs like those that were marketed in horror comics of the 70s and 80s and even earlier until the JP / JW saga began to be commercialized and scientific advances gave a totally realistic and humanized image of these friendly, sadly extinct flying animals .

Hooray for Rebor!

Over9K

The Invicta-body retrosaurus is coming along nicely...

Carnoking

Definitely interested in that ceratosaurus. Love me some Harryhausen dinos.

Thialfi

Ohhh that T Rex, beautiful, the Invicta one was probably my first dinosaur figure ever. Can't wait!

Shonisaurus

Those two dinosaurs look great when it comes to their first images in the manufacturing project. I can't wait to see that Rebor tyrannosaurus painted and the same can be said for the ceratosaurus. I love those "retro" figures, Rebor you are the best!

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Carnoking on June 10, 2021, 04:00:46 PM
Definitely interested in that ceratosaurus. Love me some Harryhausen dinos.

QFE

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: