News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Here's hoping they use Jurassic Punk for the color and that BBTS get's in their shipment of the retrosaurs before Christmas...

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 31, 2021, 08:47:26 PM
Here's hoping they use Jurassic Punk for the color and that BBTS get's in their shipment of the retrosaurs before Christmas...

With them starting to really hit collectors' hands, I'm hoping BBTS is shipping Retros by Thanksgiving. I'm still waiting on the Nanmu V-rex from BBTS...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on August 31, 2021, 10:17:33 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 31, 2021, 08:47:26 PM

With them starting to really hit collectors' hands, I'm hoping BBTS is shipping Retros by Thanksgiving. I'm still waiting on the Nanmu V-rex from BBTS...

They are unbearably slow and that was before the pandemic and hiring issues.

I bought mine from Lana, had him a few months now. 

Over9K

Speaking of the Smilodon and colorways, BBTS opens pre-orders for two more variants of the Stray Cat, Ice Age and Plain...

"Ice Age"
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/176559

"Plain"
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/176561

Might want to hold off and see if BBTS corrects the flip-flopped titles on these. I could see someone ordering and getting the wrong colorway.

Carnoking

Not like you wouldn't have time to course correct with BBTS

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shonisaurus

When will they be available in other stores, in Europe? For example everythingdinosaur?

SenSx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 03, 2021, 11:12:34 AM
When will they be available in other stores, in Europe? For example everythingdinosaur?

I sure hope so!
The green version seems to be a BBTS exclusive but not these two, so there is no reason for them not to be available elsewhere.
Waiting for everythingdinosaur to have them in stock.

Over9K

"REBOR 1:35 Saurophaganax maximus "Big Biggie" badlands, jungle and volcanic cavern! Yeah yeah Big Al and Jurassic Punk are cool but this notorious beast, my friends, is not an Allosaurus fragilis  ;) " - Rebor, On Facebook

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm not sure when species of dinosaur ever mattered to a paint scheme but whatever.. lol   I guess the green iguana one is alright, might do some repaint work on it to fix it up a bit, not into the Godzilla or Smaug colors really.

Carnoking

These color schemes aren't quite hooking me I'm afraid. Maybe after I see some in-hand photos my mind will be changed.

stargatedalek

So Allosaurus is too different from "saurophaganax", but green iguanas and Godzilla are fine? Honestly that makes me a little angry? Like, 90% of their colourschemes are homages anyway, what are they trying to pull getting all technical about this?

PumperKrickel

To me their statement sounds like they'll probably do an Allosaurus fragilis in the future and want to save those paint schemes for that. Since this one's name references Notorious B.I.G., we kinda need a 2-Pac as well. 🤔

Gwangi

It's Saurophaganax and not Allosaurus, which means they can make it look just like Jurassic Punk but not give it the same color scheme. A Jurassic Punk paintjob would have been hard for me to refuse, but since they didn't do it I'm not nearly as tempted by this figure. Not a great marketing technique. Big Al paint schemes would especially have sold well, I imagine.

Faelrin

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi I have to agree with you. None of these are really feeling like must haves for me. I'm also only familiar with the "Zilla" one as well. Granted I doubt I'll be in the situation to afford any of these when it does go up for pre-order.

P @PumperKrickel I'm wondering that as well. Will just have to wait and see. Would go nicely with their Ceratosaurus and Stegosaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

The saurophaganx is quite attractive, which perhaps does not convince me much are its color scheme, I would have liked a more spectacular type of paint color for that dinosaur, its color schemes are not as finished as one would like or as Rebor has used to.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on September 06, 2021, 01:03:34 AM
It's Saurophaganax and not Allosaurus, which means they can make it look just like Jurassic Punk but not give it the same color scheme. A Jurassic Punk paintjob would have been hard for me to refuse, but since they didn't do it I'm not nearly as tempted by this figure. Not a great marketing technique. Big Al paint schemes would especially have sold well, I imagine.

Sometimes I'd swear Rebor does the opposite of things just to do them. Part of their "badboy" persona.. ;)

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 06, 2021, 02:21:51 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 06, 2021, 01:03:34 AM

Sometimes I'd swear Rebor does the opposite of things just to do them. Part of their "badboy" persona.. ;)

It certainly seems that way. But to me it just looks like they're shooting themselves in the foot.

SenSx

You're a bit harsh there, I do enjoy those color schemes, they are all quite different.
But I'm not sure to be interested into that model, I alwready have the W-Dragon Allosaurus that has the size of a Saurophaganax it seems (despite its flaws).
This one from Rebor will probably have an over exaggerated size, waiting for the true dimensions.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: