News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellow Stego

That sucked to read. I hope everything works out for this individual.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: suspsy on September 18, 2024, 05:44:19 PMIf Rebor truly is verging on collapse, then they're certainly not doing themselves any favours with that post. But drama combined with poor decision-making is par for the course with them, always has been.

Why would you assume that? I just want to fire some people cus I'm tired of cleaning up their messes, they didn't do what they get paid for and I'm so sick of it. But the problem is I couldn't do it cus I'm a nice person, whenever I want to make the hard decision for real there's always a voice in my head telling me that they got families to feed. I wish they could just quid willingly one day, maybe after reading the post and knowing what I really think of them.

thomasw100

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on Today at 05:45:56 AM
Quote from: suspsy on September 18, 2024, 05:44:19 PMIf Rebor truly is verging on collapse, then they're certainly not doing themselves any favours with that post. But drama combined with poor decision-making is par for the course with them, always has been.

Why would you assume that? I just want to fire some people cus I'm tired of cleaning up their messes, they didn't do what they get paid for and I'm so sick of it. But the problem is I couldn't do it cus I'm a nice person, whenever I want to make the hard decision for real there's always a voice in my head telling me that they got families to feed. I wish they could just quid willingly one day, maybe after reading the post and knowing what I really think of them.

You seem not to have the courage to tell the people this in person and look into their eyes.

postsaurischian

Quote from: suspsy on Today at 03:24:55 AMI'll say this about Rebor as well: I've never cared that much for their products and I've really never cared at all for their arrogance and their lack of professionalism, maturity, and courtesy. Right from the get go, they behaved as though they were the greatest thing to ever hit the dinosaur toy collecting community. They blatantly copied Jurassic Park designs. They denigrated other companies and other artists. They praised their own products to the sky and lashed out at any and all criticism. They constantly teased new designs that never, ever transitioned off the screen and into physical form. They feuded with manufacturers. And now there's this post, the proverbial rotten cherry on top.

If they really do go under, well, I'm genuinely sorry for the artists who will have to look for new employment, but I reckon the dinosaur toy community will not suffer all that greatly at all. For one thing, Nanmu is still around to satisfy all the hardcore Jurassic World fans. And for another, between PNSO, Haolonggood, Eofauna, Safari, and CollectA, there's no shortage of high quality, scientifically accurate prehistoric toys to choose from.

Your post is malicious. So please don't speak for the Dinosaur toy community (which I'm also part of). Just speak for yourself!

SpartanSquat

This is really sad to read. I discovered you guys in 2019 qhen I bough the bull v-rex and ankylosaurus! I wanna get the matriarch v-rex and probably the trike. Ones I regret of dont getting are the retro theropods

suspsy

Quote from: postsaurischian on Today at 08:38:16 AM
Quote from: suspsy on Today at 03:24:55 AMI'll say this about Rebor as well: I've never cared that much for their products and I've really never cared at all for their arrogance and their lack of professionalism, maturity, and courtesy. Right from the get go, they behaved as though they were the greatest thing to ever hit the dinosaur toy collecting community. They blatantly copied Jurassic Park designs. They denigrated other companies and other artists. They praised their own products to the sky and lashed out at any and all criticism. They constantly teased new designs that never, ever transitioned off the screen and into physical form. They feuded with manufacturers. And now there's this post, the proverbial rotten cherry on top.

If they really do go under, well, I'm genuinely sorry for the artists who will have to look for new employment, but I reckon the dinosaur toy community will not suffer all that greatly at all. For one thing, Nanmu is still around to satisfy all the hardcore Jurassic World fans. And for another, between PNSO, Haolonggood, Eofauna, Safari, and CollectA, there's no shortage of high quality, scientifically accurate prehistoric toys to choose from.

Your post is malicious. So please don't speak for the Dinosaur toy community (which I'm also part of). Just speak for yourself!

I stand by everything I have written.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Nothing avatar_suspsy @suspsy said about REBOR's conduct or business model is inaccurate, and it's true that there's no shortage of other high quality options to choose from in this day and age of collecting. If REBOR were to ultimately fold, it would mean one less company to worry about collecting in my book.

That said, it would still be sad to see them go seeing as, especially in recent years, they have produced a lot of products that are largely unique even amongst all the emerging competition. Diorama sets, multipacks, nests, dinosaur oddities, 1/6 skull replicas, figures with bendable tails and necks, vintage inspired models, figures that come with their own unique prey items, the list goes on. They've also made some largely novel species to boot with the likes of their recent Dire Wolf and announced Beelzebufo (another posable offering)

Bottom line, if you're able to get past their self-imposed baggage, it's a very distinct brand even with their propensity for movie designs, and it would be a shame to not see creations like those mentioned above anymore.

suspsy

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on Today at 05:45:56 AM

And this only makes you come off even worse, I'm afraid. You state that your employees are underperforming and it's impacting you on both a financial and personal level, yet you still cannot bring yourself to fire them? And so you made a public post on social media, under your company name, in the hopes that those same underperforming employees would read it and decide to quit of their own volition?

That's just being the antithesis of a responsible and sensible boss. Especially since it will deter other people from wanting to work for you. If your present employees really are failing you, then you need to let them go. You are not their father. It's not your job to provide for them. Their job is to produce results for you. This is Business 101, for goodness sakes.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EmperorDinobot

I didn't want to give my 2 cents about all this...but I'll give them anyways!

The only reason I cared enough was due to the strange outburst reported yesterday all over social media. I only started looking at the products then. I collect JP stuff, prehistoric figures, action figures of prehistoric animals, and a lot of them are pop and fantasy style animals. But for some reason this is the first time I ever bothered to look, and sadly it is when the ship is sinking.

Speaking of ships, avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO , and before you curse me in your head, I have to remind you that you are the captain of your ship, and it is your job to make sure your crew is doing a good job. If they are not, then let them go and find new crewmembers. I see these are nice products, fit for a specific niche in the world of dinosaur figure collecting, that niche being fantasy dinosaurs. But that niche is not wide enough, and once you realized that, you started expanding, which was probably done at a cost. And as you can see, there are people who love your products, be it a V. rex or a more realistic dinosaur.
What they do not love is your attitude. Being a captain means commanding the respect of your crew, as well as your customers' respect. Posts like that undermine everyone's respect for your company, you and your crew, who you claim to want to support.
So you have a few options: Jump ship and abandon everyone, scuttle the ship and sell what's left, or man up and look for ways to save your ship and keep it afloat for the sake of your crew and the customers who also count on you. That's how you get to keep your dignity. It's not the end until you say so.

Best of luck to you.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on Today at 05:45:56 AMWhy would you assume that? I just want to fire some people cus I'm tired of cleaning up their messes, they didn't do what they get paid for and I'm so sick of it. But the problem is I couldn't do it cus I'm a nice person, whenever I want to make the hard decision for real there's always a voice in my head telling me that they got families to feed. I wish they could just quid willingly one day, maybe after reading the post and knowing what I really think of them.

Do what's best for yourself. Fire bad employees or shut down the company.

Anyway, i appreciate your products. (Especially 1/35 Diplodocus is my favorite and detachable parts make it easy for shipping prices) I wish you best luck and success in future.