News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

From REBOR's FB page...

QuoteCrouching tiger, hidden dragon. Cus the dragon is partially hidden behind the Year of the Tiger Smilodon. I'll see myself out.

88cm long and will be released after T-Rex "Cream" if you really want to know.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Being segmented it won't degrade like the Titanoboa at least.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 27, 2024, 04:25:23 PMBeing segmented it won't degrade like the Titanoboa at least.

Makes me wonder if we aren't actually looking at the prototype for Monty V.2...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on March 04, 2024, 08:17:53 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 27, 2024, 04:25:23 PMBeing segmented it won't degrade like the Titanoboa at least.

Makes me wonder if we aren't actually looking at the prototype for Monty V.2...

Possible. The segmented look is ok on a dragon, not sure about a snake?

Over9K

REBOR's April Fool's post gives us a peek at the upcoming V-rex...

Here's Nanmu's Smart Series V-rex in comparison...

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Nanmu looks nicer with the way the skin fits on the bones. I just don't think I need another V-Rex.

Carnoking

REBOR have really upped their game in the face of Nanmu's onslaught.

Whether or not I get either of these is still up in the air though.

Faelrin

Surprised no one has shared this yet. Rebor is doing a remake of their Yutyrannus for the 10th anniversary of their company.

Much better then their previous attempt. Just feel like the legs are a bit overly muscled, but that's nothing new (see Kiss and Tusk). It also looks like the legs and arms are partially feathered and scaly? Not sure.

Concavenator

The head sculpt looks excellent, but other than that, not convinced by its proportions and musculature. Needless to say it's a gargantuan improvement over their previous one, but I'd be hard-pressed to call the previous Yutyrannus a Yutyrannus to begin with.

I wish it was modified for it to have more accurate proportions and musculature, but not holding my breath. Not sure if it will really end up seeing the light of the day either, IIRC Rebor has announced stuff that they didn't release afterwards. And I doubt it will actually be in the 1:35 scale it's announced at (prove me wrong).

Would love to like this, as Yutyrannus is my 3rd favorite dinosaur and none of the existing versions are really definitive for me, but unless they change some things on the model, I might just get Safari's eventually.

Carnoking

If that ain't a glow up, I don't know what is

Joliezac

Really excited for this and I hope they actually make it. I don't have a Yutyrannus in my collection as I haven't been totally satisfied with any yet.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I figured someone would post it up. I only share FB pics so..

It looks pretty good. Maybe a bit out of proportion I would have to place it near a good skeletal. I have David's BotM one and PNSO , I think I let the Safari version go?  Thickness could be said to just be due to feathers? Though the legs do need to be strong enough to support the sculpt.

SenSx

Oh yes I was waiting for a good Yutyrannus.
So far only got the Safari that is still pretty good, just no lips and maybe a bit small ?
Not a fan of the PNSO pose and colors.

Not sure about that, hope this one won't be too large on the contrary, Rebor tends to make 1/35 far to big for the scale.

Hope it will get the classic variant with white feathers and blue eyes.

Concavenator

Saw this edit on Baidu. I still think the head should be larger and the arms should be longer, but nonetheless, it looks more accurate than the original.

Here are GetAwayTrike's skeletals, for reference:

If the feet were designed too big for stability purposes, they could simply use an acrylic stand, which if I'm not mistaken they use anyways? And I personally don't see the need for the exaggerated musculature. I hope they didn't give their "scientific" figures such exaggerated musculature because that makes the figures less accurate, which is a shame because I imagine these figures are marketed at literally a bunch of people who indeed care for accuracy and are able to tell inaccuracies apart.

And as I said, I hope 1:35 will be more than just a marketing expression and will actually mean the figure is at said scale. This reminds me of CollectA claiming their 2021 Pteranodon is made at 1:40 scale, when according to L @Leyster 's calculations, it was made at 1:6.5 scale.  :P Any collector will realize the figure is not made at 1:40 scale, regardless of what the company claims (this is just an example so my point can be understood).

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Concavenator on April 20, 2024, 03:47:59 PM

Saw this edit on Baidu. I still think the head should be larger and the arms should be longer, but nonetheless, it looks more accurate than the original.

Here are GetAwayTrike's skeletals, for reference:

If the feet were designed too big for stability purposes, they could simply use an acrylic stand, which if I'm not mistaken they use anyways? And I personally don't see the need for the exaggerated musculature. I hope they didn't give their "scientific" figures such exaggerated musculature because that makes the figures less accurate, which is a shame because I imagine these figures are marketed at literally a bunch of people who indeed care for accuracy and are able to tell inaccuracies apart.

And as I said, I hope 1:35 will be more than just a marketing expression and will actually mean the figure is at said scale. This reminds me of CollectA claiming their 2021 Pteranodon is made at 1:40 scale, when according to L @Leyster 's calculations, it was made at 1:6.5 scale.  :P Any collector will realize the figure is not made at 1:40 scale, regardless of what the company claims (this is just an example so my point can be understood).

We never said that this sculpt is accurate nor marketed at those who care about accuracy, this is a feathered awesomebro and it's exaggerated musculature were done on purpose because we prefer thunder thighs ;)

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Sounds good, I think people were worried cause y'all have marketed inaccurate figures as scientific before, but I have no problem with stylized stuff as long as it's marketed as such.

Faelrin

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO So almost like Yutyrannus as it would appear in a Godzilla film? Been watching a lot of those films lately, so fresh on my mind to think of that.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Faelrin on April 20, 2024, 07:11:02 PMavatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO So almost like Yutyrannus as it would appear in a Godzilla film? Been watching a lot of those films lately, so fresh on my mind to think of that.
More like as if it was designed by Stan Winston in the 90s. Godzilla is supposed to be a mutated lizard/marine iguana right? That still makes it a Lepidosauria species no matter how big it gets XD

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Gotta disagree with you on that part. Stan Winston's jp designs were generally proportionally accurate, especially for the time, and if anything were a little undermuscled. I'd consider this more of an early 2000s semi-inaccurate paleoart vibe.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: