News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rathalosaurus

I mean just a touch of fuzz. Like this:

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 05, 2015, 06:59:16 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 05, 2015, 03:23:21 PM
I guess unfortunately polyresin, ie a material brittle.

So in my case and for reasons of space, and being a great figure ... saving me money.

REBOR's Jolly is made of polystone and is not brittle at all. It's actually quite hefty for its size.
The newer hatchlings look 'organic'.

For me nothing unwrap the triceratops Jolly was laughed out of the egg-shell, without being dropped or even the floor, I had to glue together dentures that have assured me that they are the strongest in the market, and fortunately I made it fixed.

Therefore I disagree with that figure not contradict fragile and forgive.

Halichoeres

Do we know whether Velociraptor hatchlings were precocial or altricial? Because that would make a big difference. A robin is born mostly naked, but a chicken is born fuzzy and ready to run.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 05, 2015, 09:04:54 PM
Do we know whether Velociraptor hatchlings were precocial or altricial? Because that would make a big difference. A robin is born mostly naked, but a chicken is born fuzzy and ready to run.

Best I can suggest there is this...regarding eggshell that comes to market, we get lots of broken and shattered small pieces but very little for egg halves or larger chunks for some reason...
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 05, 2015, 09:04:54 PM
Precociality is supposed to be ancestral in birds. I think there was evidence of it in troodontids.

Shadowknight1

The names may be punny, but I kinda like them.  I think I like Lock and Barrel a little more than Stock.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Wow can be separate  :D cuteness overload !!

tanystropheus

I'm assuming the MSRP will be $79 -120
based on weight, Jolly is 880 grams (retail price of estimated $65)
Hatchlets are 1300 grams, and while the package includes 3 models, the weight alone suggests that it will not sell for triple the price ($195)
weight based pricing comes to $95, however packaging costs and total number of parts will bring the pricing up to $99
However, REBOR is free to price the models however they please. Reasonable expectations would place the pricing bracket at $79-120 (price could theoretecially be positioned at the lower end of the spectrum depending on whether the eggs use hollowed material)
The REBOR Club Selection line also seems to sell with limited stock.

Dinomike

I find them cute too! I hope the price won't be too much!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

joossa

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on June 05, 2015, 08:11:46 PM
I am disappointet. Why aren't they just even a BIT feathered?
The most direct answer here is because Rebor didn't want to. It is what it is.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Takama

Deleted

tanystropheus

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 06, 2015, 01:00:59 AM
I'm assuming the MSRP will be $79 -120
based on weight, Jolly is 880 grams (retail price of estimated $65)
Hatchlets are 1300 grams, and while the package includes 3 models, the weight alone suggests that it will not sell for triple the price ($195)
weight based pricing comes to $95, however packaging costs and total number of parts will bring the pricing up to $99
However, REBOR is free to price the models however they please. Reasonable expectations would place the pricing bracket at $79-120 (price could theoretecially be positioned at the lower end of the spectrum depending on whether the eggs use hollowed material)
The REBOR Club Selection line also seems to sell with limited stock.

It looks as if I've estimated the price of the model correctly. The hatchlets are part of the Club Selection Line (Limited Quantities, n=1000) and will be priced towards the lower end of the price bracket as I've mentioned earlier.

Horridus

Surely these are effectively 'unofficial' Jurassic World tie-ins? There's no reason for them to look quite so 1993 otherwise. Velociraptor was feathered like a bird; it wouldn't have had scaly chicks.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

CityRaptor

Given that REBOR claims that their obviously scaly "Y-Rex" is just molting, they might as well claim that those are like other naked bird chicks.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Horridus

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 09, 2015, 07:20:23 PM
Given that REBOR claims that their obviously scaly "Y-Rex" is just molting, they might as well claim that those are like other naked bird chicks.
That's the thing, though - they're not naked, they're scaly (which I know is your point). There's been a tendency for Rebor models thus far to look very '90s, but these take the cake.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

tanystropheus

The Club Selection Line (as well as the upcoming REBOR Oddities Line) are not part of their Museum Class collection.

The New Yutyrannus by Shane Foulkes also seems to have the same level of feathering as the REBOR Y-Rex.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 09, 2015, 07:35:47 PM

The Club Selection Line (as well as the upcoming REBOR Oddities Line) are not part of their Museum Class collection.

The New Yutyrannus by Shane Foulkes also seems to have the same level of feathering as the REBOR Y-Rex.
No, Foulkes' has more. The only thing that is similar is the fineness of the plumage.

Horridus

I don't think they can really be excused for pumping out figures that are 20 years behind even (by now) the majority of popular reconstructions, just because they don't claim 'museum accuracy'. I loathe the likes of the Papo Oviraptor and Schleich Velociraptor on the same grounds - they're just screamingly, brutally wrong.
@Mhorridus

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Horridus on June 09, 2015, 08:08:12 PM
I don't think they can really be excused for pumping out figures that are 20 years behind even (by now) the majority of popular reconstructions, just because they don't claim 'museum accuracy'. I loathe the likes of the Papo Oviraptor and Schleich Velociraptor on the same grounds - they're just screamingly, brutally wrong.

You mad? Try to stop us :)

CityRaptor

We just won't buy your products.  >:D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: