You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus Museum Class Replica “Savage” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, February 04, 2015, 01:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBOR_STUDIO

Dear fans and collectors, it's about time! Come and meet REBOR 1:35 Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus Museum Class Replica nickname "Savage"!

By considering the surrounding environments we have used all natural colours that can be found from dying trees, mud and dirty to create a realistic animal, this colour scheme allows Savage to camouflage himself in the swamp, and we have to say it really works and matches perfectly with the base. Just don't take him with you while camping because if you lose him in the woods, you won't be able to find him at all!

Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus is around 8-9 metres long, which make this amazing replica the same size as REBOR 1:35 Yutyrannus, it has articulated lower jaw like all other REBOR dinosaurs, a polystone swamp diorama base also comes along with the replica, which includes realistic plants, dead trees, mud effect and even a puddle that's made of transparent resin to create real water effect, so you are actually buying a fully handpainted super detailed GK diorama!

Ceratosaurus can either be mounted on the base as a fine desktop displaying statue or removed from the base to interact with other dinosaur replicas, such as building your own dioramas, and you can put other dinosaur replicas on the base as well. Yes! Base! How many time did we use this word in the last sentence? Because it's important, especially when you want to take some awesome photos! With classy label on the bottom of the base, we are really going for statue quality collectibles this time!

If you are questioning about our choice of colours as they might look a little bit boring, that's because bright blue and red only appear on small animal with poison as warning colouration, most of large animal stay with dark colours, especially the predators. However we want to show you that although we only design natural and realistic colour schemes, they still look quite colourful next to each other!

You might have also noticed that so far the claws of all REBOR dinosaurs are in different colours, black for Y-rex, ivory with red wash for King T-rex, bone white with grey root for Wind Hunter and now ox horn for Savage, that's because we are always giving a lot of attention to details. No lazy black nails all the time!

OK the tradition goes on, here is the tease image of our next product, which dinosaur can this be? Shame on you if you can't get this right! Because we all know this beautiful giant too well!

And until next time!

Sounds good enough? Wait till you see him in colours because realistic colour scheme is REALISTIC!

alexeratops

Wow, I'm really liking this one! I especially like the style of the scutes on his back. I think that  the base looks amazing too! Good job, Rebor! ^-^
like a bantha!

Tallin

I must say, I'm completely taken with this one! I too love the scutes! I also really like the head and the articulated jaw looks much more subtle and attractive to me than on a couple of your earlier statues! I'll definitely be picking this one up!

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Arul

Cool as always, the diorama looks awesome. Btw what is dentisulcatus means ?

DinoLord

suspsy

This is the first REBOR product that I haven't immediately found fault with. Indeed, it looks quite, quite nice.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

triceratops83

Quote from: ARUL on February 04, 2015, 01:37:39 PM

It's one of the species of Ceratosaurus, like C. nasicornis.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

REBOR_STUDIO

Dentisulcatus is a Greek word (as always...) meaning "furrowed teeth" :)

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 04, 2015, 01:49:25 PM

It's one of the species of Ceratosaurus, like C. nasicornis.

Nasicornis means "nose" in Greek, Cerato means "horn" and we all know saurus means "lizards" therefore Ceratosaurus nasicornis means "horned nose lizard", Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus means "horned lizard with furrowed teeth", and there is another species of Ceratosaurus called Ceratosaurus magnicornis, which means "Mega horned lizard"

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

nobunaga

can't get enought Rebor! please give us a new rich set of colours for cerato

Arul

Gwangi

As I had expected this is my favorite Rebor model thus far. I can actually see myself buying this one. Can't wait for the color pictures!

tanystropheus

I guess I don't have to wait for a Papo version  :)
I have a feeling that this model will look stunning in full color.

Wingrave27

Loving your dinosaurs Rebor,I've got both yutyrannus and t.rex and have the others on preorder.Can I make a request?How about a 1:35 human figure included with each dinosaur to show how big they were?Thanks

redman

I just love Rebor! This is by far the best Ceratosaurus on te market. When it will  be on sale?

Patrx

Oh, my. Well, the base looks nice. Any chance that'll be available separately?

SpittersForEver

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: