You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus Museum Class Replica “Savage” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, February 04, 2015, 01:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Tanystropheus in relation to Papo running tyrannosaurus I have no problems with her figure perfectly holds and that more than three years ago.

But when it comes to Rebor ceratosaurus is a chestnut, only it sustained at its base resin.
It is no disgrace as autonomous yutyrannus of the same brand that I have no problem to keep him standing. That it can help in terms of tyrannosaurus Papo and yutyrannus Rebor that these figures are in a room with minimal lighting, maybe that causes these figures do not have problems in stability maybe this will help.

But it said the ceratosaurus Rebor I came two days ago and does not hold or joke, and by the method of joossa seems that although initially successful has the process is reversed. For me it's a shame because this ceratosaurus is an excellent figure in their development, but as a complete nut sustainability ... I repeat.

RobinGoodfellow

I don't have the Rebor Ceratosaurus yet but other models in my collection have stability issues.
The Papo running Rex doesn't stand up properly (without its original plastic base ). When I bought it there was no problem.
The Collecta Therizinosaurus Deluxe doesn't stand up properly even when it was new.
The Collecta Pachycephalosaurus bends down on its base; same issue with the Collecta Ichthyovenator (even its mouth tends to open up too much because of the fish..) and with the young feathered T Rex.
The Ravensburger Rex begins to show stability issues (in the last month).
The X-Plus Albertosaurus (vinyl figure) has a bended leg (but it is a vintage model).
The AAA Gallimimus doesn't stand up without its plastic base (another vintage model).
The Favorite feathered Rex (green) doesn't stand up even on its solid gray plastic base because it is too heavy loaded in the front..
The Collecta Deluxe Velociraptor and Deinocheirus are not properly balanced and fall off.
The little Safari Allosaurus (green) need some help to stand up.
The Collecta Proceratosaurus stands up properly only with its original plastic base (even when it was new).

I live in the north of Italy (near Milano) with 9 months of cold temperatures....
After all I suppose it's a random problem.  :-\

P.S: I forgot the Rebor Utharaptor.... of course.....  ;)

Arul

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 23, 2015, 08:32:39 AM
I don't have the Rebor Ceratosaurus yet but other models in my collection have stability issues.
The Papo running Rex doesn't stand up properly (without its original plastic base ). When I bought it there was no problem.
The Collecta Therizinosaurus Deluxe doesn't stand up properly even when it was new.
The Collecta Pachycephalosaurus bends down on its base; same issue with the Collecta Ichthyovenator (even its mouth tends to open up too much because of the fish..) and with the young feathered T Rex.
The X-Plus Albertosaurus (vinyl figure) has a bended leg (but it is a vintage model).
The AAA Gallimimus doesn't stand up without its plastic base (another vintage model).
The Favorite feathered Rex (green) doesn't stand up even on its solid gray plastic base because it is too heavy loaded in the front..
The Collecta Deluxe Velociraptor and Deinocheirus are not properly balanced and fall off.
The Collecta Proceratosaurus stands up properly only with its original plastic base (even when it was new).

I live in the north of Italy (near Milano) with 9 months of cold temperatures....

Well we can say that leaning/standing issue in any figure which made of plastic material is normal

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ARUL on May 23, 2015, 10:07:22 AM

Well we can say that leaning/standing issue in any figure which made of plastic material is normal

In my opinion if the pose of the figure isn't designed very well ( or too extreme or not well balanced ) , sooner or later a stability issue could be possible.
I have more than 300 figures and only the models in that list have standing problems.
Unfortunately it's a random problem.   :(

Arul

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 23, 2015, 10:57:07 AM
Quote from: ARUL on May 23, 2015, 10:07:22 AM

In my opinion if the pose of the figure isn't designed very well ( or too extreme or not well balanced ) , sooner or later a stability issue could be possible.
I have more than 300 figures and only the models in that list have standing problems.
Unfortunately it's a random problem.   :(

Agreed, difficult gesture means higher risk...

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 22, 2015, 11:17:12 PM
Tanystropheus in relation to Papo running tyrannosaurus I have no problems with her figure perfectly holds and that more than three years ago.

But when it comes to Rebor ceratosaurus is a chestnut, only it sustained at its base resin.
It is no disgrace as autonomous yutyrannus of the same brand that I have no problem to keep him standing. That it can help in terms of tyrannosaurus Papo and yutyrannus Rebor that these figures are in a room with minimal lighting, maybe that causes these figures do not have problems in stability maybe this will help.

But it said the ceratosaurus Rebor I came two days ago and does not hold or joke, and by the method of joossa seems that although initially successful has the process is reversed. For me it's a shame because this ceratosaurus is an excellent figure in their development, but as a complete nut sustainability ... I repeat.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you tried the same method others used and it worked and Savage could stand off of its base, but now it has reverted and the only way it will stand is on the base.  Did it revert completely

I will say this, when I was attempting to re-pose my Papo Dilophosaurus to something a little less tripod-y, I ended up trying to bend the limbs "too far", ie. past where I wanted them.  This did seem to help make the changes incrementally better.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

My Ceratosaurus doesn't stand on level surface. It has no problems standing on the base, as long as the hind leg is leaning against the tree stump. A permanent (and least desired/perhaps, horrifying) solution would involve gorilla glueing the Cerato to the base after securing a stable position.

However, I'm having a lot of problems getting the Utahraptor to stand upright. It is temporarily standing because of support from acrylic rod, but if I were to nudge it the Utahraptor topples. It is even more difficult adjusting the rod because (1) the Utahraptor rotates about the flimsy 1/16 rod [not an ideal measurement for the rod] and 2) the wings fall out whenever I tinker around too much with the model. I have a feeling the maped butterfly clamp may be the best solution.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 23, 2015, 02:29:12 PMMy Ceratosaurus doesn't stand on level surface. It has no problems standing on the base, as long as the hind leg is leaning against the tree stump. A permanent (and least desired/perhaps, horrifying) solution would involve gorilla glueing the Cerato to the base after securing a stable position.

However, I'm having a lot of problems getting the Utahraptor to stand upright. It is temporarily standing because of support from acrylic rod, but if I were to nudge it the Utahraptor topples. It is even more difficult adjusting the rod because (1) the Utahraptor rotates about the flimsy 1/16 rod [not an ideal measurement for the rod] and 2) the wings fall out whenever I tinker around too much with the model. I have a feeling the maped butterfly clamp may be the best solution.

It's not an ideal solution, but you might try finding something that you can plant under Wind Hunter's right foot.  I use a cardboard triangle that came with one of the JW mini dinos in the 15-dino bag.  This prevents it from drooping, though I am trying to find another solution.  Acrylic rods, while helpful, aren't idea because there are few places to secure it where it won't move from either the base or the underside of the dino.

EDIT: I too get a little frustrated with the wings.  Halfway tempted to glue them in lol
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 23, 2015, 03:38:10 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on May 23, 2015, 02:29:12 PMMy Ceratosaurus doesn't stand on level surface. It has no problems standing on the base, as long as the hind leg is leaning against the tree stump. A permanent (and least desired/perhaps, horrifying) solution would involve gorilla glueing the Cerato to the base after securing a stable position.

It's not an ideal solution, but you might try finding something that you can plant under Wind Hunter's right foot.  I use a cardboard triangle that came with one of the JW mini dinos in the 15-dino bag.  This prevents it from drooping, though I am trying to find another solution.  Acrylic rods, while helpful, aren't idea because there are few places to secure it where it won't move from either the base or the underside of the dino.

EDIT: I too get a little frustrated with the wings.  Halfway tempted to glue them in lol

With Utahraptor I used this solution:

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 23, 2015, 02:29:12 PM

My Ceratosaurus doesn't stand on level surface. It has no problems standing on the base, as long as the hind leg is leaning against the tree stump. A permanent (and least desired/perhaps, horrifying) solution would involve gorilla glueing the Cerato to the base after securing a stable position.

I do not feel bad because your idea of paste to the base, the base mine remains more or less stable.

Perhaps with a powerful pegamemto, which use older people to stick dentures, it would be a good solution, though uniting the figure with the base.

I understand that is the only solution, then my utahraptor for now remains well what I have on one of my shelves, barricaded between Jolly triceratops and a fossil from hadrosaurus column that is one of my greatest jewels.

Although it is also a good idea for utahraptor that provided by RobinGoodfellows.

tanystropheus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 23, 2015, 05:23:33 PM

It is a good solution, but it looks a tad bit unnatural. I think you need more foliage, not just simply under the leg  :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 23, 2015, 06:43:54 PM

It is a good solution, but it looks a tad bit unnatural. I think you need more foliage, not just simply under the leg  :)

This solution wasn't built as a diorama's simulation but as a model's stand, to solve a  problem in an easy way.
If you are good in sculpting (I am not), you can build a rock, a dry bush or whatever.
That green bush is good enough for my purpose.

tanystropheus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 23, 2015, 07:51:41 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on May 23, 2015, 06:43:54 PM

This solution wasn't built as a diorama's simulation but as a model's stand, to solve a  problem in an easy way.
If you are good in sculpting (I am not), you can build a rock, a dry bush or whatever.
That green bush is good enough for my purpose.

That makes sense. I don't think I have a spare bush lying around, though. Perhaps, I will purchase another set of smaller acrylic risers (not rods).

tanystropheus

lol, those wings definitely brings up the frustration level. I'm still trying to figure out what to put under the right foot (acrylic riser?).

This item placed under the foot looks cool, but I don't know what it is  ???

https://www.facebook.com/441334229374881/photos/a.445531695621801.1073741829.441334229374881/447128612128776/?type=1&theater

joossa

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 25, 2015, 04:36:20 AM
lol, those wings definitely brings up the frustration level. I'm still trying to figure out what to put under the right foot (acrylic riser?).

https://www.facebook.com/441334229374881/photos/a.445531695621801.1073741829.441334229374881/447128612128776/?type=1&theater
Is it me or does it look like a rusty or painted wire alligator clip?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dinomike

Quote from: joossa on May 25, 2015, 05:04:19 AM

This item placed udnder the foot looks cool, but I don't know what it is  ???

Haha! So it seems! I checked their website and it is a toy and figure shop based in Thailand. This Dino World I mean.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: joossa on May 25, 2015, 05:04:19 AM

I think you're right! They probably just looked around the house until their eyes fell on something of about the right length. "What the hell, who'll notice?"
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

Whoever sits and measures and figures out the size and shape needed and marches over to shapeways and uploads a custom stand for Reborr figure (insert name) will make a small fortune......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Megalosaurus

I've just received my Savage.
It is pretty good model. And yes it has warped legs, and doesn't stand on the base, nor on a flat surface.
The hot water solution is not likely to work for me because I live in very hot city.
So I'll need to do new base for it.
Still I like it a lot.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Takama

I just had a Dream where i had my first Rebor model, and it connected to the base via pegs.

Lets see if that would come true for some people

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: