News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Woodpecker gives a ride to a no-good Weasel (pics)

Started by Simon, March 03, 2015, 06:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

This photo is not quite what it seems - the furry rodent was actually trying to kill the bird which took off with the unwanted passenger on its back.

The rest of the story is here: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/incredible-photo-shows-weasel-riding-231536581.html

Crackington

If he fell off it would be "pop goes the weasel"!

CityRaptor

Sadly the weasel made a safe landing, but at least the Woodpecker managed to get away.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 03, 2015, 07:42:12 AM
Sadly the weasel made a safe landing, but at least the Woodpecker managed to get away.

Hey man, weasels gotta eat too!

Quotethe furry rodent was actually trying to kill the bird

::) >:(

Tallin

It's just nature, the weasel's gotta hunt just like any other predator ;)

I guess you could say the little mammals are finally getting revenge on the dinosaurs...

CityRaptor

Quote from: Gwangi on March 03, 2015, 10:43:03 AM

Doesn't mean that we have to root for the Mustelid member of the Carnivora...
Oh no

Paleogene Pals

The woodpecker looks like he is thinking, "You thought you had me, ha, ha!"

triceratops83

Best Photo In The World. I'm gonna be laughing for days!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 03, 2015, 12:30:21 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on March 03, 2015, 10:43:03 AM

Doesn't mean that we have to root for the Mustelid member of the Carnivora...

Why do we need to root for anyone? It's nature, not a professional sport.

CityRaptor

Oh no

SBell

Dammit, the weasel is a carnivoran, not some filthy rodent  ;). I can't believe how many times it is referred to as such.

And the weasel's got to eat too--if not this bird, a cute little bunny or hedgehog or something. They are tiny killing machines, it's what they do.

DinoLord

Simon

Quote from: SBell on March 03, 2015, 11:09:33 PM
Dammit, the weasel is a carnivoran, not some filthy rodent  ;). I can't believe how many times it is referred to as such.

And the weasel's got to eat too--if not this bird, a cute little bunny or hedgehog or something. They are tiny killing machines, it's what they do.

I called that weasel a "furry rodent" because I didn't like the fact that it was trying to kill that beautiful little avian dino.  I am aware that a filthy weasel is not a rodent.

This one WAS a "dirty rat", however.   ^-^

CityRaptor

I'm okay with that.
Oh no

Paleogene Pals

I think I read that it is a baby weasel. Are we rooting against a baby weasel?

Gwangi

Quote from: Simon on March 03, 2015, 11:39:45 PM

I called that weasel a "furry rodent" because I didn't like the fact that it was trying to kill that beautiful little avian dino.  I am aware that a filthy weasel is not a rodent.

This one WAS a "dirty rat", however.   ^-^

How do you feel about avian dinosaurs killing avian dinosaurs?

stargatedalek

I completely admit I'm biased (I hate weasels and squirrels, weasels I've seen how vicious they are first hand, and squirrels are evil little perverts who rape baby birds to death...), so yes I would root against a baby weasel >.<

SBell

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on March 04, 2015, 01:29:42 AM
I think I read that it is a baby weasel. Are we rooting against a baby weasel?

It's not a baby--it's probably a full-grown least-weasel, they're really small.

Also, go mammals.

Gwangi

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 04, 2015, 02:30:18 AM
I completely admit I'm biased (I hate weasels and squirrels, weasels I've seen how vicious they are first hand, and squirrels are evil little perverts who rape baby birds to death...), so yes I would root against a baby weasel >.<

But in that same vein you have eagles and other birds that kill their siblings in the nest and don't forget duck rape. All of these animals (squirrels and weasels included) are the way they are through evolution, not by choice. Weasels are vicious efficient predators because evolutionary pressure made them that way, and I find them fascinating! They don't have a choice in the matter, they're doing what they need to do to survive. You can't judge an animal by its actions when it has no control over them, what you're doing is anthropomorphizing.

This is the same attitude that has lead to the wholesale slaughter and decline of wolves, sharks, snakes and other animals that humans deem "evil" or "viscous".

Paleogene Pals

Correct, it is illogical to assign values such as "good" and "evil" to animals, plants, fungi, bacteria, virus, etc...  I read that someone wrote that hyenas are vicious, evil vermin that should be exterminated because they most often consume their prey while alive. They are just doing what they have to do.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: