News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Dusty Wren

Oh my gosh, that PNSO Parasaurolophus is just *chef's kiss.* I've been holding off on buying it because I want to see if PNSO is going to release anything else I want this year, but waiting is hard.

Also, I wanted to say thank you for maintaining such an extensive photo record of your collection. I've been introduced to so many models I wouldn't otherwise know about while browsing your Flickr account. Plus, your photography is magnificent.
Check out my customs thread!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Dusty Wren on March 24, 2021, 04:33:37 PM
Oh my gosh, that PNSO Parasaurolophus is just *chef's kiss.* I've been holding off on buying it because I want to see if PNSO is going to release anything else I want this year, but waiting is hard.

Also, I wanted to say thank you for maintaining such an extensive photo record of your collection. I've been introduced to so many models I wouldn't otherwise know about while browsing your Flickr account. Plus, your photography is magnificent.

My pleasure  ^-^

Bread

Amazing photos as usual! Here I am waiting for my Para to show up, hopefully soon!
Question about your photos: Do you prefer a darker background or the lighter background for your photos? Or does it really depend on the figures, such as their color and size?

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Bread on March 24, 2021, 04:47:59 PM
Amazing photos as usual! Here I am waiting for my Para to show up, hopefully soon!
Question about your photos: Do you prefer a darker background or the lighter background for your photos? Or does it really depend on the figures, such as their color and size?

Maybe you saw my Flickr: my first images about prehistoric models were taken with a white, over-exposed background (as used in main commercial food photography).
But I noticed that white could be visually disturbing for small models.
So I used gray first then black.
On my opinion a black background is more relaxing and the figure is better visible in that way.
What do you think?
Sometimes I still use white or blue but black is what I actually like the most.
:)

Bokisaurus

Beautiful figure! Definitely the new queen to rule them all😃
I have to wait to order it since I already spent my month budget on the eofauna trike😩

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 24, 2021, 05:02:53 PM
Beautiful figure! Definitely the new queen to rule them all😃
I have to wait to order it since I already spent my month budget on the eofauna trike😩

I'll wait to see your pictures about PNSO Para.. 8)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Beautiful, can you by any chance show a direct comparison next to the Battat and/or Safari Ltd versions?

Also you left out the poor Atopodentatus in your group shots  :-[
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 24, 2021, 06:44:38 PM
Beautiful, can you by any chance show a direct comparison next to the Battat and/or Safari Ltd versions?

Sorry but I'm not at home right now.
But I have my private database for the collection.
It says:   Safari Parasaurolophus (the black & yellow one AKA Kill Bill  ;) ) 20cm / 8"  - Battat Para 21cm / 8,2" - PNSO Para 31cm - 12" .
All measures are in straight line (head to tail, no body curves ).
PNSO is the biggest one, more or less the same size as CollectA Deluxe one (maybe a little bigger..  ??? ).
I hope it could be ok for you.  :)

Also here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660745829739/with/16247256540/

PNSO Atopodentatus is in the group shot for "wave one" , just under the "wave two" picture:

Also here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157667322973960/with/50698782008/

..the one I really forgot is the Sauropelta..  :-[

Regards  :D

Bread

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 25, 2021, 07:49:59 AM

Pinacosaurus is crying right now as they too have been forgotten.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Bread on March 25, 2021, 04:18:25 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 25, 2021, 07:49:59 AM

Pinacosaurus is crying right now as they too have been forgotten.

I ordered it on January on Model Toy Center alongside with GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus.
And it was an error.
Because GR Toys Carcha isn't out yet, even my PNSO Pinacosaurus is still in pre-order.
A BIG mistake from me... :-X

-

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new PNSO parasaurolophus. I would like to see comparative photos with other figures of the same species from other companies with this wonder. Nice collectible figures. It is very illustrative how you order your figures, I really like the denomination of purchases 2 wave of PNSO.

I wish that the 1 or 2 waves of a thing were related to collections of dinosaurs and not the infamous coronavirus, my co-workers have just communicated the sad news that yesterday in my nation a whopping more than 600 people died.

Getting to the point that parasaurolophus I repeat is a beauty and those blue eyes that PNSO has given it among other details gives an image of vitality to that well-known lambeosaurine hadrosaurid.

What masterful photographs you make!

Bokisaurus

Its really nice to see the different versions and interpretations of Para. That's the thing, for a species with so much representation, its great top see differences, makes it more interesting to collect them all. ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

..due to springtime, I'm experimenting some daylight photography..

What do you think?
Is it better on daylight or on artificial lights ?

W-Dragon Giraffatitan  (1:35)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157718681041897/with/51016531795/

RobinGoodfellow

"When Sauropods Ruled the Market"

Can you correctly ID the figures ?   ;)

Duna

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 10, 2021, 11:29:15 AM

O.k., let's see ..... (clockwise):

PNSO Huanghetitan, Schleich 2009 Apatosaurus, Bullyland Brachiosaurus, Schleich old Apatosaurus, Bullyland Apatosaurus,
Bullyland Europasaurus, CollectA Ampelosaurus (below), Schleich Saltasaurus (above), Favorite Tambatitan, Tiptoi Camarasaurus,
SEGA Prize Amargasaurus and some JP Brachiosaurus (I'm not an expert of JP figures) :) .

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 10, 2021, 10:11:55 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 10, 2021, 11:29:15 AM

O.k., let's see ..... (clockwise):

PNSO Huanghetitan, Schleich 2009 Apatosaurus, Bullyland Brachiosaurus, Schleich old Apatosaurus, Bullyland Apatosaurus,
Bullyland Europasaurus, CollectA Ampelosaurus (below), Schleich Saltasaurus (above), Favorite Tambatitan, Tiptoi Camarasaurus,
SEGA Prize Amargasaurus and some JP Brachiosaurus (I'm not an expert of JP figures) :) .

Totally right  ^-^
The Brachiosaurus is the Tamiya one painted by Martin..

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 11, 2021, 06:09:16 AM
The Brachiosaurus is the Tamiya one painted by Martin..

Well, I guess it's about time to book a place at a care home for the elderly.
How could I not recognize it? I've been having it for ages.
I'm afraid I'm starting to lose my faculties :P .

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: