News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Interesting. I wouldn't have identified them as Recur.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh, nice!

So, the Architeuthis d. and the Mesonychoteuthis h. are from Recur, too? They look way better than most Versions of Squid as a Figure. At least in Toyform. We have expensive Squidfigures and Statues. But thats too much for me. There are great Squidfigures, that are mostly used as fishing Bait, but they sometimes look so lifelike, they work great as a Figure.
Oh, and i see the CollectA Minkwhale. One of the best Figures they did. But i can't start an extant Sealifecollection aswell now...

Flaffy

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on March 18, 2021, 12:40:29 PM
Oh, nice!

So, the Architeuthis d. and the Mesonychoteuthis h. are from Recur, too? They look way better than most Versions of Squid as a Figure. At least in Toyform. We have expensive Squidfigures and Statues. But thats too much for me. There are great Squidfigures, that are mostly used as fishing Bait, but they sometimes look so lifelike, they work great as a Figure.
Oh, and i see the CollectA Minkwhale. One of the best Figures they did. But i can't start an extant Sealifecollection aswell now...

The Mesonychoteuthis seems to be from Happy Kin Toys rather than Recur.
http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1249.0

As for Architeuthis: Excluding the gashapon ones from Japan, which company produces the best "large" plastic version of this species? I've been eyeing the Safari one for some time now, but I'm not very knowledgable on extant cephalopods.

RobinGoodfellow

Both Giant Squid / Colossal Squid are from Happy Kin Toys ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157706630189531 ).
Beluga, Amazon Dolphin and Whale Shark are Recur (on the top of the image).

:D

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

(Megafauna need more love on DTF..)

M-See Mammut Americanum (Mastodon)

..to be honest, in my opinion M-See is simply the best paleo-artist in all world..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157683552541994/with/39562361031/

^-^

ceratopsian

The Mastodon is outstanding - what a stunning piece of art.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 19, 2021, 01:02:14 PM
The Mastodon is outstanding - what a stunning piece of art.

Thanks.
M-See rules  >:D

..and now some mixed stuffs..

It doesn't work so well as a Spinosaurus but perhaps it could be a decent Oxalaia..

A Troodon:

..and directly from a twisted Skull Island: Z (Mountain Gorilla)

..plus an unlicensed JP collectible:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157718681041897/with/51052456786/

:)

Stegotyranno420

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow I knew i wasn't the only one who thought it could be an oxalaia.

Bread

Lovely photos RobinGoodFellow! Especially the Mastodons!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Bread on March 20, 2021, 02:53:02 PM
Lovely photos RobinGoodFellow! Especially the Mastodons!

Thanks so much  ^-^

Despite I'm not a Mattel collector, I love marine reptiles and this color variation is intriguing   ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157718681041897/with/51054895538/

RobinGoodfellow

(minor) New Acquisitions

.. just to encourage Schleich to produce less common species..

(Other brands: )

To be honest, I'm totally not impressed by new Safari..  :(

(Favorite: )

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157718681041897/with/51055517016/

Concavenator

I love seeing this collection thread. Your photos are absolutely fantastic. Congrats on your latest acquisitions, I am envious of the Eofauna Triceratops and the Safari Baryonyx  :-[

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Concavenator on March 20, 2021, 04:03:08 PM
I love seeing this collection thread. Your photos are absolutely fantastic. Congrats on your latest acquisitions, I am envious of the Eofauna Triceratops and the Safari Baryonyx  :-[

Thank you very much.

My Safari Baryonyx has serious stability issues just out of the bag.. and fine details are so-and-so..  :-\
On Photoshop I deleted a stand from the picture.. ::)

Halichoeres

That's a bummer. Mine stands fine so far, but I am waffling between this one and the Favorite for other reasons.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Interesting that the giraffe doesn't look out of place, with its unique coloration and physique. Clearly, not all 'waves' are bad - let's look forward to PNSO's third wave!

ceratopsian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 20, 2021, 05:32:26 PM
My Safari Baryonyx has serious stability issues just out of the bag.. and fine details are so-and-so..  :-\
On Photoshop I deleted a stand from the picture.. ::)

I've just taken my Safari Baryonyx out of its bag.  I'm disappointed in it.  Just like yours, it doesn't stand.  It's a long way off standing in fact - badly warped left foot.  Quite a few paint scuffs too.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: