You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on March 02, 2016, 11:14:31 AM
Eryops  ( 1:10 )
Sculpted by Vitali Klatt and painted by Martin Garratt for Urzeitshop

Your Eryops is gorgeous!

RobinGoodfellow

Toyway WWD BBC Stegosaurus:

..and my WWD Collection by now:

( Laellinasaura still missing....  :-\ )

Info e Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157658156595529/with/25439392396/

Have a nice day
:)

RobinGoodfellow

Australovenator Wintonensis "Banjo" 1:24
from Australian Age of Dinosaurs Collection

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157665292771771

See you soon

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Charlie P. on March 05, 2016, 12:42:18 AM
Is that last model the same material of other brands or is it hard plastic with articulations?

As you can see in the last picture, "Banjo" is an Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum collectible figure not a JP articulated toy...  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

A retooled picture of my X-Plus Albertosaurus:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157655286402005/with/25531705745/

..and a retooled picture of the Hunting Spinosaurus by Favorite/DinostoreUS:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157654862626409

RobinGoodfellow

Retooled pictures of Schleich ReplicaSaurus Apatosaurus (1:40) and Rebor Utharaptor (1:35):

RobinGoodfellow

...some Sauropods... :

..and a nest..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157661457671885

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Charlie P. on March 08, 2016, 03:54:59 AM
Cool pics, though some of them have too much light for my eye.

The overexposed white background is the classic technique for the still-life photography.
I always use that technique with my commercial products photography because my clients want it ( I'm a pro photographer).
My Flickr albums have pictures from different times.
When I first begun to post my pictures on the Forum, I used to leave my shots as they were (without Photoshop) because it's an hobby...
Then I noticed the hi-level photography from some main members so I decided to go into the "pro-mode" shooting style..
The sauropod gallery is made of pictures taken at various periods.
But overexposed-white shots are what I like the most.
Sorry if you don't like.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Charlie P. on March 09, 2016, 12:40:42 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on March 08, 2016, 12:32:45 PM

The overexposed white background is the classic technique for the still-life photography.
I always use that technique with my commercial products photography because my clients want it ( I'm a pro photographer).
When I first begun to post my pictures on the Forum, I used to leave my shots as they were (without Photoshop) because it's an hobby...
Then I noticed the hi-level photography from some main members so I decided to go into the "pro-mode" shooting style..
Sorry if you don't like.

Didn't say I don't like your photos, just said some of them have too much light for my taste. Take for example the blue/grey Schleich Apatosaurus, the flashing light steal a bit of the detail to the figure, especially in its outline. Viking Spawn uses the same white background technique but somehow the figures in his pics are not affected by this overwhelming light. That said I know nothing about photography, mine is just the impression of a profane observer, and only a personal preference for less bright pictures. You got an overall cool style, I enjoy your Flickr galleries a lot.

I agree. If you're a pro photographer, you're okay with crits right? Your photos would be even better if you toned down the light a little bit :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 09, 2016, 04:52:47 PM
Quote from: Charlie P. on March 09, 2016, 12:40:42 AM

Sorry if you don't like.

Didn't say I don't like your photos, just said some of them have too much light for my taste. Take for example the blue/grey Schleich Apatosaurus, the flashing light steal a bit of the detail to the figure, especially in its outline. Viking Spawn uses the same white background technique but somehow the figures in his pics are not affected by this overwhelming light. That said I know nothing about photography, mine is just the impression of a profane observer, and only a personal preference for less bright pictures. You got an overall cool style, I enjoy your Flickr galleries a lot.

I agree. If you're a pro photographer, you're okay with crits right? Your photos would be even better if you toned down the light a little bit :)

...believe me, I'm in that complicated business from a long time now and crits are the last of my thoughts..
All the best.  :)

tyrantqueen

Bokisaurus

Sorry if you don't like.

Great collection. I really love the way you photograph your figures ^-^

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 11, 2016, 07:32:15 PM

Sorry if you don't like.

Thank you Bokisaurus.
I really like your pictures too and I've been watching your photography as a reference since V1 forum.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 11, 2016, 07:32:15 PM

Sorry if you don't like.

Agreed!  I always check here whenever there is a new post!  Keep up the awesome galleries! 

RobinGoodfellow

Favorite Desktop Model Pachycephalosaurus  ( 1:35 ):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157665156961982/with/25786287775/

...see you soon...

RobinGoodfellow

..a gem ( thanks to DeJankins ): Bullyland Museum Line Apatosaurus

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157665156961982/with/25693284851/

RobinGoodfellow

Bullyland Megaloceros ( Thanks to DeJankins ):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157652816865985

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: