You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

That's an exciting looking haul!  My Japanese parcel is due Friday....  can't wait.

RobinGoodfellow

...I've been busy with work (so, no new pictures instead my collection still grown up).
Now it's time to post new photos.

First of all, one of my Holy Grail, the really-hard-to-find Favorite Softmodel Saurolophus by Hirokazu Tokugawa:

It was really expensive to have it but I cannot resist...  ::)

Info & Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157670838813953/with/29736583582/

:)

Flaffy

Truly one of the best hadrosaur toys made! ;D

RobinGoodfellow

...and another long-time-searched figure: Favorite Softmodel Tarbosaurus by Hirokazu Tokugawa

Another empty space covered...  ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157652797169372

BrontoScorpio

Talking about empty spaces :
Excuse me for asking, if you don't mind -
But, where are you going to put so many models, after they are photoed and displayed in this forum ?
I hope not back in the box and into the warehouse in the attic ...

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on September 22, 2016, 10:49:22 AM
Talking about empty spaces :
Excuse me for asking, if you don't mind -
But, where are you going to put so many models, after they are photoed and displayed in this forum ?
I hope not back in the box and into the warehouse in the attic ...

LOL  ;D

No, they are properly displayed.
My shelfs until some months ago:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157652556798069
Now I'm planning to go to Ikea soon to add new shelfs because (ONLY) the last acquisitions (the last 4 months) sleep in some boxes (..and I don't like it..).
So even the last figures will be displayed properly soon.

But I agree with you: the space for a growing collection is a serious problem..  ::)
And I can't collect Sideshow figures because of their giant size.  :'(

P.S.  There are collectors bigger than me on this forum, believe me....  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

The Favorite Desktop line is (really) one of my FAVORITE  :)) .
The 1:40 Tyrannosaurus model:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157663485444985/with/29737550972/

BrontoScorpio

LOL ... OK,  Just be careful and don't let it spiral out of control.

Can I ask you about your new Recent Acquisitions :
-
Favorite Softmodel Saurolophus & Tarbosaurus
- Fukui Prefectoral Museum FIVE boxed pairs

I have stopped purchasing any softmodel by FAVORITE - since their rubber/PVC material smells so Toxic and strong.
I'm talking about the soft model  "dinosaurs" , "the Paleozoic mini-models" the  "whales" etc.

Have you had the chance to open your resent acquisitions and give them a good sniff yet ?
Have you managed to compare the material of your Recent Acquisitions to other series like the ones I mentioned ?
Thanks

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on September 22, 2016, 12:14:40 PM
LOL ... OK,  Just be careful and don't let it spiral out of control.

Can I ask you about your new Recent Acquisitions :
-
Favorite Softmodel Saurolophus & Tarbosaurus
- Fukui Prefectoral Museum FIVE boxed pairs

I have stopped purchasing any softmodel by FAVORITE - since their rubber/PVC material smells so Toxic and strong.
I'm talking about the soft model  "dinosaurs" , "the Paleozoic mini-models" the  "whales" etc.

Have you had the chance to open your resent acquisitions and give them a good sniff yet ?
Have you managed to compare the material of your Recent Acquisitions to other series like the ones I mentioned ?
Thanks

...well, Para and Tarbo didn't smell so strange from the beginning.
The Fukui sets had a strong smell just when I was opening them, like any other new figure (I think it's the paint app..).
Now (after 1 day in open air, on my computer desktop) they smell "normal" (for being plastic figures....).
It's the first time I "sniff" a figure, I don't know....   ???
Is there any other DTF Member experiencing that problem?

p.s. Did you buy the Protoceratops VS Velociraptor diorama?  :)

BrontoScorpio

Yes I did - "Desert fight" it called, or something like that ..  - It's a wonderful piece of Diorama - I sure am glad having bought it -
but it made of some kind of resin - like the other Desktop models - so I don't have a problem just trying to breath next them, like with the softmodels.
I also bought the Gallimimus Dash -
I figure these 2 are soon to be out of stock - so I better hurry.
one Gallimimus had a broken leg, that seems to have been made as early as before leaving the company - it appears someone had tried to repair it - but of no avail ...
Have you got any ideas as to what is the best way to glue it back and fill some material missing ?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on September 22, 2016, 12:48:59 PM
Yes I did - "Desert fight" it called, or something like that ..  - It's a wonderful piece of Diorama - I sure am glad having bought it -
but it made of some kind of resin - like the other Desktop models - so I don't have a problem just trying to breath next them, like with the softmodels.
I also bought the Gallimimus Dash -
I figure these 2 are soon to be out of stock - so I better hurry.
one Gallimimus had a broken leg, that seems to have been made as early as before leaving the company - it appears someone had tried to repair it - but of no avail ...
Have you got any ideas as to what is the best way to glue it back and fill some material missing ?

Unfortunately I also received some broken figures in the past.
I always used specific glue for plastic with an activator, like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Plastics-Bonding-Activator-681925/dp/B000Y3LHXW

It works quite well.

RobinGoodfellow

Another not-so-easy-to-find figure: 1850's Crystal Palace Iguandon by Kazunari Araki.

..and how paleontologists saw Iguanodon through ages:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660745829739/with/29770586671/

RobinGoodfellow

My third commissioned figure from Jetoar: Paleo-Creatures  Saurosuchus Galilei.

This is one of the best figure from Jesus (..in my opinion, of course...).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157663388583710

RobinGoodfellow

From the Kaiyodo Dinotales Collection, 1:20 vinyl Allosaurus by Matsumura Shinobu:

(..another giant model ...  ::) )

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157658852137144

RobinGoodfellow

..and last but not least, the Kaiyodo Advance Megasofubi Triceratops by Matsumura Shinobu:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157670838813953

That's all for today... See you soon with new pictures...
Bye

Centrosaur86

beautyfull Saurolophus by Hirokazu Tokugawa!

Jetoar

Thank you Fabio for sharing my Saurosuchus  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

:D Great new acquisitions! Mainly Japanese ^-^.

The Tokugawa Saurolophus is indeed a "Holy Grail" - I'd say the best 1:40 ornithopod toy figure that has ever been made. Congrats!

Love the three Favorite Iguanodon models in three different stages standing next to each other.

The Mega Sofubi Advanced Triceratops has become my favourite model of this species next to G. Wenzel's Dinosaur Studio version. I hope there will be more Mega Sofubi Dinosaurs.
I also got me the African Elephant. These sculpts and the new detailed plastic quality are really amazing!

Jetoar's Saurosuchus looks cool. I'd like to see it next to the Dawn of the Dinosaurs figure, if you find the time :)!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 22, 2016, 09:00:48 PM

Jetoar's Saurosuchus looks cool. I'd like to see it next to the Dawn of the Dinosaurs figure, if you find the time :)!

Thank you.
Unfortunately I don't have the Dawn of the Dinosaurs figures...  :'(
I commissioned a Saurosuchus figure to the great Jetoar as a sort of replacement for the DOTD missing figures in my collection.
Jetoar did a wonderful job on that.

Actually my collection is mainly focused on UK/DE/USA figures (but it was not my choice... ).
So I'm starting to pay attention to Japan (and China) then..  ::)
Kind Regards   :)

p.s. always looked at your collection as a beacon..

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 21, 2016, 05:27:35 PM
That's an exciting looking haul!  My Japanese parcel is due Friday....  can't wait.

Regarding those 5 boxes of the Fukui museum :
Can you tell me the dimentions and weight of one of those boxes ? -
I'm trying to calculate postage.
Thanks again for your help.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: