News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himmapaan

I hereby launch the Acquisitions thread so that we may begin activity on the new forum in earnest! *Breaks bottle of champagne on the bow*

Here is something appropriately sparkling which recently arrived, David Krentz's 1:72 Shapeways Giganotosaurus, in Frosted Detail.

I'm going to paint it eventually.

sepp

It's beautiful, almost ghostly <3

brontodocus

Hey, it looks better than my version of the Giganotosaurus in FUD did when it was still unpainted. :) Especially less frosted. I wonder if shapeways changed something in the printing process?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Gwangi

Takama

Mesage deleted

DinoToyForum

Who could resist these! I have a new found love for dinotrain figures!

Purchased at an excellent price from this seller.

SBell

Hey, I bought a bunch fro the same seller! I personally like the variety, and they are pretty well done (for kids-oriented toys). A little garish on their colours, but oh well.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: SBell on March 14, 2012, 01:29:27 PM
Hey, I bought a bunch fro the same seller! I personally like the variety, and they are pretty well done (for kids-oriented toys). A little garish on their colours, but oh well.

The colours add to their charm  ;D

morrijos

I need to make a post on the new forum so, today I picked-up the Carnegie Icthyosaurus.  I'm pleased with it and, I think it will look good next to my Schleich Shoniasaurus (also a fairly recent acquisition)! 

DinoToyForum

Quote from: jwmo on March 14, 2012, 06:26:12 PM
I need to make a post on the new forum so, today I picked-up the Carnegie Icthyosaurus.  I'm pleased with it and, I think it will look good next to my Schleich Shoniasaurus (also a fairly recent acquisition)!

Good choice.  8)

Lio99

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 14, 2012, 12:45:36 PM
Who could resist these! I have a new found love for dinotrain figures!

Purchased at an excellent price from this seller.
Oh they are so cute.

Primeval12

Cool stuff, i like the Giganotosaurus the best.

JurassicJr

;D
Here's this weeks haul>
Papo Running T-Rex
Papo Tylosaurus
Papo Ankylosaurus
Wild Safari Acrocanthosaurus
Wild Safari Ceratosaurus
Wild Safari Dracorex
Wild Safari Guanlong
Carnegie Maiasaur with nest
Wild Safari Suchomimus

SBell

Finally! I haven't received it--won it this morning--but it is now mine!

And for only a little more than I wanted to pay. Instead of the usual substantially more...

I am pleased. And hoping that my wife doesn't follow through on her decision to kill me (I keep telling her these are investments--when she does kill me, she can sell the collection and buy a far nicer house... ;D)

Gwangi

Huayangosaurus grabbing a snack before chilling with my other Stegosaurs.

The next Kaiyodo to arrive will be Copepteryx and he will stand alongside Diatryma with the other Theropods. :)

deanm

:) Oh good, I'm not the only husband using the same line & logic to justify himself to his long suffering wife.  :)

I would like to say that there are certain times of the year that are light on collecting (finding stuff to buy) but so far I've yet to find one...

I walked into my local hobby store last night with my son while the wife was next door buying swim googles for our daughter and they were unpacking a portion of their new Safari figures so I was able to get the Vagaceratops and Dracorex! Let the eye-rolling spouse sequence commence... 

Seijun

Quote from: SBell on March 14, 2012, 10:27:12 PM
I am pleased. And hoping that my wife doesn't follow through on her decision to kill me (I keep telling her these are investments)

I tell my b/f the same thing, but he always just looks skeptical..  :(
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

kinol

Yeah, my wife banned me to buy dinosaur when she found our room is surrounded by all dinosaurs. But she at least loves one of the herds. Right, Invicta Mamenchisaurus.

lcamiro

THE STUDY ROOM TRex in mint condition:

Can't wait to receive it.

Seijun

You guys made me feel very left out the other day, showing off all your fancy dinosaur expo guanlongs.. So of course I had to get one:

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.