You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

the (disappointing) new Kaiyodo Capsule Q set(s)

Started by brettnj, April 01, 2015, 12:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MechaKnifehead

I have to tell you, I was expecting a lot worse lol!  A nice, fluked Mosasaur?  Could've been worse.  The only me piece in the set for me is the skeleton, but even that's pretty cool.  It's a BIG DINOSAUR MOVIE year, guys.  Expect a lot of this sort of thing. 

devon.anderson

Actually I like this toy, I haven't yet found any disappointing element.
Devon Anderson

deanm

I am a bit confused, are there two different sets? 

At least in Safari, i can only see one set of figures (the one with 5 figures).

I do like the the set - esp. the pterosaur and the mosasaur.

triceratops83

When are these due for release? I'll have to get that Triceratops. Seems that Kaiyodo is moving away from Quilled Ceratopsians.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

CityRaptor

Quote from: deanm on April 03, 2015, 11:11:22 AM
I am a bit confused, are there two different sets? 

One of the links leads a set with recent animals.

Personally I like the set. Sure it is not the best Kaiyodo set, and an obvious cash in, but still a very good set. Especially the Mosasaurus, which would make a nice addition to the Marine Reptiles set. 

Thus I don't consider it disappointing and have changed the title of my post reflecting this!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

John

Disappointing?No,I'll have to disagree with that one.The Pteranodon in the set for example is the best model of it's species to come out in decades. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

CityRaptor

Pretty much everyone but the one who started this thread disagrees that those are disappointing. Thus the thread title should be changed.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 29, 2015, 05:39:45 PM
Pretty much everyone but the one who started this thread disagrees that those are disappointing. Thus the thread title should be changed.
Agreed, it should have just been kept neutral.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.